It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers Endorse Bush's Space Vision (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Congress has given it's overwhelming approval to President Bush's plan, for putting man back on the Moon, and eventually Mars, passing the NASA Space Policy Bill, 383-15. The bottom line is that $34.7 Billion will be spent on space exploration, as well as science and aeronatics.

www.cnn.com
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The House Friday overwhelmingly endorsed President Bush's vision to send man back to the moon and eventually on to Mars as it passed a bill to set NASA policy for the next two years.

The bill passed 383-15 after a collegial debate in which lawmakers stressed their commitment to not just Bush's ambitious space exploration plans but also to traditional NASA programs such as science and aeronautics.

There is some tension between Congress and the White House over the balance between Bush's vision for space exploration and other NASA initiatives. Originally, the measure would have shifted $1.3 billion in funds from exploration to other NASA programs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I was absolutely thrilled, when I saw this story; finally, we are getting back on the road of exploration, and knowledge, that JFK put is on 45 years ago. Back to the Moon and then a manned mission to Mars. Exciting is too small a word for those, like me, who have been waiting patiently for Bush to get us back on track, and come up with the money to replace our aging shuttle program with a more technologically advanced vehicle.

Related News Links:
www.spacedaily.com
www.buffalonews.com
www.news-press.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Why do we not have a base on the moon??

[edit on 7/27/2005 by lightseeker]

[edit on 7/27/2005 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Can America afford it though? Seriously?

The social security time bomb isnt going to go away and the current deficit is staggering.

American's better hope that some whiz bang commerical technology springs out of this new endeavour.

join