It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody have info on China's equivalent to the Area 51?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
we seem to be talkin so much about the U.S. secret facilities but i dont see much talk of China's secret facilites and what secrets are kept there. i appreciate if somebody can provide information on them. do we expect the U.S. of A. to be the only country that can make an Area 51 and the conspiracies and rumors around it.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would also be interested to know about other countries equivalent of Area 51. Countries like Russia, N. Korea, India and Japan.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Russia had a lot of Area-51s in the Cold War, such as the Plesetsk facility in teh Artic circle. It was built in 1957 jsut to test out the new MRBM systems the Soviets were making. It fired super top secret missiles all up to teh late 80's, when UFO conspiracists somehow managed to make it public (for the 30 years the Soviet citizens were encouraged to believe that it was alien UFOs makign all those wonderful and bright lights in the sky). It is now used as a space launching facility when the weather permits.

Another site is the Baikonur cosmodrome, which was used for IRBM and ICBM testing. It is now in independant Kazakhstan, and unable to be used by teh Russians.

Desna-N is a surface launch complex created for teh testing of the ss-7 saddler irbm. It is around the Kiev regions in the motherland, adn was top secret stuff until only a few years ago, I believe.

Kapustin Yar, in the Urkrain, was created to test teh a-4/v-2 German rockets, then tested th first SAM systems, anti-ballistic missile defence missiels, and new radars. There is a town near this site that was not listed on any map until even the late 80's, and all teh residents were required to get security clearances jsut to live there, and no outsiders were allowed in for any reason. No backyard birthday parties there.

join