It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: IRA To Renounce Violence.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
2 PARA operate under ROE's and are answerable to the law.

PIRA blow up some children & sell drugs to the others.

The former are soldiers, the second cowardly criminal killers. Were then, are now, and still will be when they're worm food.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I remember being in the company of an ex para some years ago.

Who took great delight in regailing his audience of how he sniped into the Markets area of Belfast from the shipyard cranes. Anything moved he would have a shot at it.

What rules was he operating under?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I dont understand how they can go to a political campaign after have decades of terrorism.

I suppose the political option is better than carrying on the armed struggle ad infinitum.

Originally posted by CTID56092
2 PARA operate under ROE's and are answerable to the law.
PIRA blow up some children & sell drugs to the others.
The former are soldiers, the second cowardly criminal killers. Were then, are now, and still will be when they're worm food.

I imagine the Catholic families that felt they needed protection during the 70's wouldn't agree with you.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Looks as if the IRA disarmed because they seem to be meeting an absurd amount of competition as of recent.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
What about when members of her majestys armed forces and the police force (who are supposed to protect people no matter what their religion) set up innocent catholics to be murdered by loyalist death squads. These cowards couldn't do their own dirty work

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Blair statement on IRA on now..

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by UiNeill
I remember being in the company of an ex para some years ago.

Who took great delight in regailing his audience of how he sniped into the Markets area of Belfast from the shipyard cranes. Anything moved he would have a shot at it.

What rules was he operating under?

The ROE of 4.5% ABV by the sound of it!

The idea there were para snipers slotting civilians as they did their shopping is ludicrous. A Para sniper would have killed so many they'd need trucks to cart them away! Did he do this just once or every market day?

The international media would, presumably, have noticed this?

I had a mate in the Scottish Commando (43?) who were posted to Crossmaglen - he told me about the sweeps & searches they did, what they did to 'let off steam' after one of theirs was killed. Not pretty. I've also spoken to guys from NI about their experiences of the Army at VCP's. My mate XXXX was in the TA in Fermanagh, from him I KNOW about the RUC 'shoot to kill' squads (not rumoured, he nearly shot one!). Links and intelligence sharing between the UDA/UVF etc have all come out. I've never heard of Para's playing Sarajevo in Belfast.

No-one's saying British forces are pussycats, they're an Army, they fight wars, they shouldn't be there doing a police job but the actions on both sides made it necessary to put them in. Bizarrely it's paid dividends in Iraq.

Hopefully soon both sides will finally stop shooting and the Army can leave. Disarming the protestant side is unrealistic though so that issue won't go away.

To confuse terrorists who chose to operate under no ROE's and target anyone/thing with squaddies doing their job and subject to military and civilian law is to deny the facts.

Who would you have protect you from McGuinness and his clan?

[edit on 28/7/05 by CTID56092]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Does one need the backing of the vatican to fight?
Then you have a small imagination.

I was merely jesting. You didn't see that wink?
Guess that sense of humor isn't working with you, eh?

[edit on 7/28/2005 by the_oleneo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join