It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mideast Watch: A Nuclear-Armed Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

"Despite Tehran's vociferous claims to the contrary, evidence is mounting that Iran is seeking to acquire nuclear weapons. It may now even be too late to stop this process. The real question is: What should the United States do about it?
There are basically three options: 1) intervention; 2) pre-emption; and 3) deterrence.

What are the pluses and minuses of each of these options?"

Wise is the one who prepares for a long cold winter, wiser is one whom knows it will be a nuclear winter.

Option 2 is the proper action to stop Islamic Tyrany.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think you need to start by presenting legitimate sources for this "mounting evidence". Nothing has been shown so far, that cannot be given probable alternatives.

dom

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
4) dialogue
5) not worrying about it

And I'd say a combination of 4) and 5) is the appropriate response. Anything else smacks of stupidity as we all know that plenty of other countries already have nuclear weapons. Why is it that we believe Iran+nuclear weapons is some appauling prospect whereas Israel+nuclear weapons is perfectly safe?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
www.spacewar.com...

Here is the link to the entire story.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
US is helping India to improve Indian NUKE.

Iran or Islamic is anti US. So, US want to forbid Iran to have NUKE.

The next most likely country to own NUKE is Japan.

Japan has tons of material to make hundreds NUKEs.

US did not say anything on Japanese NUKEs or NUKE plan.

It is politics.

Who care someone else owns NUKE if they are not enemy.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RDavidson

It is politics.

The enemy is ISLAM................

Islam has be fighting India for a 1000 years. Japan is not Islamic.

The world enemy of peace is Islam

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Bush43]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
We call Bin Laden the Islamic extremist. I agree.

Can we call Bush the Christian extremist? At least I agree.

Both are the threats to the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

if Bush is a Christian extremist, he aint doing a very good job. compare to other Christian extremists who be blowing up abortion clinics, etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bush43

It is politics.

Don't you forget who raid the America in Second World War? -- Japan

Islamic can only bomb several cars.

Japan + US can destroy the World.

The enemy is ISLAM................

Islam has be fighting India for a 1000 years. Japan is not Islamic.

The world enemy of peace is Islam

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The only threat to the world is Islam and its lies. The second threat is the Pope and his lies.............

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

if Bush is a Christian extremist, he aint doing a very good job. compare to other Christian extremists who be blowing up abortion clinics, etc.

Do you know if Bush support to blowup the abortion clinics, etc.

Blowuping the abortion clinics is just a small case compared to what Bush is doing. He is blowing up Islamic homes, killing civilians, ....

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Wise option: let them have nukes. It will assure then that Israel won't launch theirs. So Mutual Assured Destruction will save them all, as it has saved USA and Russia during the cold war.
Remember that EVERYONE thinks MAD was a extremely good idea, so why not use it here too?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

[
The only threat to the world is Islam and its lies. The second threat is the Pope and his lies.............

Ya....Well, I guess the third threat are people who blindly go around pointing fingers at everybody instead of himself of been a threat

I say, we need to get rid of the third threat. As its the thingy that causes the first 2.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humster

[

Ya....Well, I guess the third threat are people who blindly go around pointing fingers at everybody instead of himself of been a threat

I say, we need to get rid of the third threat. As its the thingy that causes the first 2.

Perhaps when Islam "nukes" Rome the world will then wake up........

Its only a matter of time............

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I do not know if Islam or the Pope is/ are lieing.

At least I know Bush and Blair was lieing on the Iraq WMD information and misled US and Britain to the present Iraq War.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Paperclip that doesn’t work too well when your dealing with a suicidal enemy.
Also you really think Iran is going build nuclear weapons put them on display and say look you cant attack us to Israel and stop there? That’s a bit naïve inst it? How about black market smuggling to international terrorist groups some funded by Iran, now that sounds more plausible.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Paperclip, has their ever been a threat of Israel arbitrarily launching theirs? Uh, no. The answer is NO! What is with using Israel as some excuse for unstable governments having the means by which to destroy the countries that do not subscribe to their ideologies? Rememeber, the Islamic world has promised to destroy Israel, not the other way around.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You know, one of the most attractive features of my coming here is the fact that its nice to see that there are actually people out here that arent as mindless as the majority of the US population seems to be. We are being told that something exists by the current administration and we believe it as a whole. We are being told that a new war strategy needs to be in place, and we believe it as a whole. Puppets are we? YES! Dont you think that considering this "war" has been going on for thousands of years, that during the times when there were barely any types of checks and balances as they exist now with respect to the ability to attain nuclear technology, that if ISLAM is to blame, then they would have tried "taking the world out" and bringing it to their knees at that point? ISLAM isnt to blame for this..Islam is a religion, and the overwhelming majority of Islamic people certainly just want to be left alone and free like anyone else has the right to! With respect to Christian Extremism or Islamic Extremism, yes absolutely a factin of both exist...the difference between the 2 seems to be that Islamic Extremism gets more attention simply because they are more flambuoyant about making there demands seen to the public eye. You can blame Islam, Christianity, Buddhaism, Hebrew, but the stark reality and one which i think we as a WHOLE have a hard time facing is, that its in ALL of us, mankind is to blame...our behaviorism, our need to conquer instead of live mutually, our need to destroy instead of build, our greed instead of our ability to help your brothers and sisters. THIS is whats to blame, and all of mankind has this as an inherent portion of their design. Who's afraid to stand up and start saying "hey, im not going to believe what you tell me just because you are in a position of authority to do so...i know better, and you need to go" This is the Bush's the Bin Ladens the commisions, the committee's the aides the factions the insurgencys ..... christ we have a political term for every damn thing...when did we stop being people and start being socially acceptable communication distribution units designed for uplink mind swaying strategy? Only WAY to stop what you see? Is to TRY to....stop thinking only of ourselves and maybe thinking of everyone as a whole and we might beat this. But, then again, it took the Bush administration approximately 4 years to understand that the terrorist acts are actually politically motivated and that the REAL response should be changing the SLOGAN from "Global War on Terror" to "Global Struggle Against Violent Extremism" we went from GWOT to GSAVE.... this public relations move should undoubtedly save the world.

dom

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
But is there actually any evidence that the recent terrorist attacks were sponsored by IRAN? Errr... duh.... no.

So why do we think terrorists are suddenly going to turn up with Iranian Nuclear Weapons. Don't you think that Iran would know what would happen next? This idea of Iranian Nukes ending up in the hands of terrorists is pretty dumb in my opinion, and nothing more than scaremongering.

The comparison with Israel is because they're both in the same area of the world geographically. How come it's fine for Israel to have them but it's not fine for Iran?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You forgot Bush and his lies... infact his lies to Congress has resulted in a massive ClusterF&%$ that the world is having to deal with.

MrBunny

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join