It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sms Alerts On Ats.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This is just an idea.

Is there anyway that ATS could implement an sms feature whereas when we get a breaking news ALERT! A text message is sent to everyone who has subscribed to this (possible) feature?

This would work by using the points we have gained.

Lets say a certain amount of points to subscribe to the SMS feature first.

Then you have to purchase a certain amount of sms's to be sent like 300 points for each alert to be sent to your mobile, and you could have the option to buy it in 10's,20's,30's etc.

You can then choose to have only one Breaking News ALERT sent to your mobile per day(Thats if there is a breaking news alert for that day)

We already have the Picture Messaging option where we can send images from our mobiles to ATS, we have PodCasts.

BUT for some reason we seem to be missing the biggest most used technology of our generation...SMS!

I know there will be some good explanation as to why we dont already have it but i personally dont know why(guessing it would be the cost).

The reason for this would be so ATS will get the best unbiased news alerts sent to their mobiles before anyone else, this would only be used when you are not online so if there is some big breaking news and your online then obviously you wouldnt want the text being sent but if your away from your computer you will be sent the text.

Would be nice to have a vote or something though.

What does everyone think?

[edit on 27-7-2005 by markjaxson]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I think this sounds like a great idea and I would love to see it implemented.

Yet on the other hand I doubt we'll ever see this implemented unless ATS got a lot bigger. Surely the time, resources and management of a project like that would be huge, including the cost of sending the messages to hundreds, even thousands of users.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
I think this sounds like a great idea and I would love to see it implemented.

Seconded/

originally posted by phixion
Yet on the other hand I doubt we'll ever see this implemented unless ATS got a lot bigger.

Something like this could be a huge drawing point for ATS....maybe not possible at the moment, but a valid point that may have applications in other directions........and the result will not only be a high percentage of loyalty to the site, but a bigger ATS....

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Its a waste of the administrators resources to be honest. Most phones out these days are WAP/GPRS enabled. How about a dedicated wml/xml address for phone users with miminal graphics (to keep the kBs down). that way we can read the top ten headlines ala that 'recent post' table on the main forum page.

This is the best most resource saving and easiest way to setup a mobile news service.

(I get full GPRS for free, so I just browse the full site with all graphics so Im not too fussed personally)

new topics

top topics

join