It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, here it is: What's Wrong With Men

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I absolutely agree with you. Recently, I discovered that the man I was seeing lied about something that proved to be a "deal breaker" with me. When we met, I told him that I could not go out or develop a relationship with a smoker. The smell makes me have an asthma attack. He hid his addiction quite well for a long time. His worst fear was not having a relationship, but he lied to me because we did enjoy each other's company. In the end, fear of losing me (or some other person who abhors smoking) created a self-fulfilling prophecy. Too bad. He wasted my time as well his time. If he had been truthful in the beginning, feelings could have been spared.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have to agree. I have read a lot about men and the way they see things and it always seems to come down to fear. I know my bf's issue is fear right now of not know what will happen. I told him my opinion was that he was afraid and he agreed. I could see it and sense it. He is a wonderful guy but he is so scared of being complete with someone because of previous hurt that it kind of affects us but in a way it helps. We dont rush into things and we talk about stuff before we act. It actually works out for me in a strange and unusual way.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
What's wrong with men?
FEAR

FEAR is what is wrong with men. All negative actions stem from it.

Well, there's no reason why fear cannot work to your advantage now can it? Now Im sure my opposite wants me to fear her being killed and want me to use that fear to save the day now wouldn't she?

Now, it is not THE biggest problem. But surely it is something that is a major problem among males. That is, when the topic of women come to play.

Fear of the approach, fear of loss, fear of being cheated, blah blah blah
The list goes on. But fear in-itself is not 100% the reason that there is something..."wrong" with men.

Now by wrong you (or the collective whole) mean:
Now compatible with a majority of women perspective with how a man should be, then I suppose its a problem from that perspective.

But FEAR is a weapon that men respect. Or... 'alpha males' to paint the picture.

If it wasn't for fear, understanding our faults as men could become difficult to identify. More more than it already is. If a person becomes aware of what they are afraid of, then that person becomes qualified to being able to overcome the issue. As a result, we now have base information as to how we can adapt to solve the situation.

Now let's take FEAR out of men.
How would you (women
) feel like if your man didn't fear losing you? Great right! One less thing to worry about. Up until you break up and wish you want him back!

That fear could mean the one opportunity to bridge a level of understanding that you originally couldn't achieve.

Im taking this in account of my good friend who wishes she never let go of the man she loved. Because it's too late for her now to go back.

Now my point is...
There is no such thing as a problem with men. Or even women.
That's right guys and gals, it's all in your heads.

Life is a sandbox and people make structures and play games with it all the time. Its how you play it that makes the game. But it's your attitude that defines the experience.

Now, i'm sure theres proof that there's a problem with men. But it's a problem only if you point out what it's relating to. Because saying that theres something wrong with men (women too!!) doesn't help make things more understandable.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by GambitVII]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join