It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, here it is: What's Wrong With Men

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
You just got a way above for that! I'm going a bit off topic, but you either accept a person for who they are or you don't associate with them. I can't stand people that either attempt to change you or insinuate that you should feel guilt about the choices that one makes.

Well put and simply stated! You either accept a person for who they are or you don't. And I personally don't think that what you've said is off topic at all, it falls right in line with what can happen with juding a person for their race, religion, political stance or sexuality.

..So I voted for you

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Talk about complicated...I find Esoteric Teachers postings over complicated ..almost femminine to the point of meaninglessness. From time to time there is a point somewhere in there..but most of it is overcomplicated and I have posted so.
Good catch on your part Zed.

Almost feminine.

Men will have friends for YEARS. Why? We get together, have a beer and have conversations about general stuff.

Women get together and discuss all of their feelings and emotion for hours on end. After a few months, there is no mystery. They burn each other out and then don't get along. Women generally don't have friends for years and years like guys.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What's wrong with men? The answer is women. Men tend to become messed-up when it comes to the opposite sex.

I wonder if gay men have similar problems? Not with women I mean. :shk:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Talk about complicated...I find **** postings over complicated

See that's the funny thing when people attempt to sound intelligent. Einstein was seen as a genius not because he made things sound over complacated, but rather because he simplified them so everyone could understand.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with men. We drink heavily, watch too much football, baseball and golf. We squezz nascar in there once in awhile and now we all watch Indy because of
Danica Patrick We live a sweet and simple life.

We don't mind being romantic and treating our lady like the queen she is. But it is for a purpose..Sex You might see us running to stay fit for our lady but it is only putting off the enevitable.

Ladies it doesn't get much easier than that. The greatest gift I have seen a man get was a beer hat. Ladies you don't even have to cook because that means we get to go to BW3. How difficult can we be?? Oh yeah we like to fix stuff once in awhile, because men fix stuff even if it is fine. We just like to play with power tools.

The only things we fear are Running out of Beer, losing cable and Danica Patrick quiting.

I can't believe how much men rule.

[edit on 27-9-2005 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Public schooling right???

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Public schooling right???

Thanks,
Orangetom

Dunno..I was just thinking..

"Very single".

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA ....God I hate women

Went to public school K-8 and I looked like

Then Private for High School and became

Then in college I found my true love :w:

J/K

Come on I thought by now people would realize I am probably the most sarcastic person on this site.

Actually I am seeing someone and I am probably the complete opposite of what I said in my earlier post. Well except for the Football, baseball and Danica Patrick part.
I was serious on my earlier post about the problem with men is women not fear. And that Fear can bring out the best in people. (As i scratch my belly drink a beer and let out a huge burp)

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Men want/need:
- Food
- Sex
- Guy time (tv, games, whatever)
- Sleep

It's not real complex.

Zed said it best...that's really us in a nutshell.

We're incredibly simple creatures, which is why it completely baffles us when women claim they don't understand us.... We're not the ones with 1000 different switches, all with about 20 positions and all the wrong labels. We've got 4 labelled toggle switches, each with two positions, on or off.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ok, Here's exactly what's wrong with men:
1.MEN SNORE WHEN THEY LIE ON THEIR BACKS
their balls fall over their rectums and they
vapor lock

2.MEN BECOME SMARTER DURING SEX
because they are plugged into a genius

3.WHY DOES IT TAKE 1 MILLION SPERM TO FERTILIZE ONE EGG?
(they don't stop to ask directions)

4.WHY DID GOD PUT MEN ON EARTH?
(because a vibrator can't mow the lawn)

5. WHY IS A MAN'S PEE YELLOW AND HIS SPERM WHITE?
(so he can tell if he's coming or going)

6. WHY WERE MEN GIVEN LARGER BRAINS THAN DOGS?
(so they won't hump women's legs at cocktail parties)

7.WHY DON'T WOMEN HAVE MEN'S BRAINS?
(because they don't have penises to put them in)

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I drink very little..watch no sports...little television, like the company of women better than men..yet have little use for most women ..or even most men in the socialization arena.

I dont leave the toilet seat up..though I am not sure why the default setting is down and women are so helpless they cannot put it down. I think a man who cant aim is useless. Same with a man or woman who cannot pick up after themselves or wipe the toilet seat or rim clean.

I am not into "virgins" or women who cannot support themselves,their children, or take care of problems themselves as a career and always need "rescuing/drama".

I am not into how many women a man has in his "stable" either. It is horribly overated. Even tacky.

I dont have much use for people who define themselves or philosophys by body functions or glandular levels. Its tacky and provincial male or female.

I dont have use for people who define who and what they are by consumption rates. This means mostly women ...but also today there are alot of men out here who have the same philosophy. These men are women. They will always be competition for women in the consumption arena. Like many women choose men.....these men must choose women who are dumber than they to keep up this lifestyle/philosophy.

I dont believe in the religion of "Girl Stuff" and Girl stuff values..it too is overated and highly consumptive. To me it is tantamount to "air heads" though I also think that many men in the male way are buying into this kind of airheadedness. Maxim/GQ and other periodicals of this genre are evidence of this..it is the male Cosmopolitan for ignorant over glandular unthinking males.

Denial..your post is textbook and thoroughly confirms much of what I believe. It is textbook "Girl Stuff religion" It confirms a religious belief system of men trying out for female approval.

In a time when women are doing so much and multitasking too..men should be able to expect so much more from them than to look pretty and get on their backs or knees..pardon the crudity. This takes no particular talent/skill on the part of women and often passes for commitment. It is not. The main problem with men is that they expect so little from women. A multitasking world leaves men free to expect such from women. You and other women are very fortunate that so many men are totally ignorant and preprogramed by sports conditioning to try out for female approval. I never watch sports for this very reason.

If I want to get rid of a airheaded woman steeped in the "Girl Stuff religion" all I have to do is continually get her to work outside the area of what she considers valuable or the female social arena/entitlement. Most will quickly leave or try to get me switched over to their agendas. It is too much commitment for most of them and it is mostly predictable. If they want to stick around the only tool most of them have is traditional "Girl stuff values/sex/ beauty principles. Anything else would take real commitment. Most will avoid this..this is why they need men..to make up for this lack of commitment in a multitasking world.

Never....Never do they question their value sytem enough to give me what I consider valuable in life. They expect me by some subtilty ..to adopt thier value system in lieu of mine. Almost to a tee..they look at me and what I own and think of what they can get for themselves and their children ..not what they need to bring and or continually maintain for me.

I am not intrested in any male or female version of Male Disposability. Most men I know are totally ignorant of this philosophy as it is promoted in this highly consumptive social structure. It is a phoney. Men need to wise up to this philosophy..of which they are so socially ignorant. Not likely any time soon. I just had this conversation about male disposability with a co worker last night. He had never thought in this arena. He just thought that this is what men are supposed to do. Talk about ignorance or being uninformed.

I dont give free passes for your kind of posts. It is below the decency line and very self centered...just like the "girl stuff " religion. Tacky.

Thanks,
Orangetom

EDIT: Edited by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Paragraphs.

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Tom...I think she was joking

(I think it's from one of those email joke list things...)

And Gaz? How much is membership to that society?! I wanna join!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I thought about that in lieu of Timcouch's post but decided to post anyway. I just know to many guys who buy into that type of default clue without thinking. My posts are as much to the guys as the women. Alot of really ignorant guys out there. Humor is also a very influential political too. Used or misused.

by the way ..before I shove off to work..I went out today ..for some buisness about town..first time in over a week. Gas is going for just over $3.00 in some places here on the Chesapeake Bay. What is gasoline doing where you are at?? Curious here.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
seriously DUDE!!! Want to go to a yankees game or something? I'll buy you a beer

Allow me to digress my immaturity in my last post, as I do believe this is titled, "Women here it is- Whats wrong with men?" As I felt inclined to offer moral support for one of my brokenhearted, estrogenesque, comrades, as most women do. You find solace in appearing to be "above the norm for male standards" . Since you made it abundantly clear to demographically stereotype me, I shall give you YOUR analysis.

I really don't buy into the logic that you believe that my post is typical girlie religious stuff, No offense, but most of my friends have always been the male species. If you had a clue about women, you would realize we are quick witted(most), and enjoy cracking fart jokes, poop jokes, sex jokes and the likes, just as secretly you do too."( AMAZING, ALL That AND we give BIRTH too!)
" That" pull my finger" one gets me everytime, and you do have to admit, the vapor lock comment had you rolling!

There is a word for you my friend, it is called "Metrosexual" Allow me to define based on consensus. A "metrosexual" is a new trend of males pretending to be appalled by their male counterparts cro magnon behavior, simply as a ploy to get chicks. The "Metro" will usually belittle sterotypical
Testerone driven male counterparts to gain favor of the ladies, to go so far as to even sign up for the latest local womens lib rally.

They are known to be great afficianados of indie films, Riverdance, the local waxing parlor, tanning salon, and LLBean, and Ralph Lauren. Instead of killing their plants, they usually have the latin names memorized, and your idea of foreplay is foie gras, served on rye crisps, a good merlot, followed by Pan seared Duck in blood orange sauce, and perhaps a nice creme brulee followed by a nice snifter of louis the 13th, for all who don't know its cognac at 1200 a bottle...

"I drink very little..watch no sports...little television, like the company of women better than men..yet have little use for most women ..or even most men in the socialization arena. "

Stop trying to score brownie points as a ploy to get boned.
Have a beer on me, or if your lifestyle prefers, a nice Lindemanns Frambois

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's averaging about $2.89 here in FL, but I'd expect at least a dime hike for the weekend....

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's averaging about $2.89 here in FL, but I'd expect at least a dime hike for the weekend....

I am just asking, how does this have to do with anything?

The problem with men is we're 2.89 in Florida? Eww.

[edit on 10/1/2005 by Conspiracy Theorist06]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Humor is also a very influential political too. Used or misused.

Absolutely, yup.

. What is gasoline doing where you are at?? Curious here.

No idea - I don't have a car. The last time I looked though, it was @ $3/gal for the most, with a few local stations selling at $2.88.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thanks for your post and the offer of a Yankees game and a beer. The offer is appreciated but I'd rather spend my time at Books a Million or Barnes and Noble with a cup of coffee amaretto.
I do enjoy the occasional beer but usually with one of those great hebrew sandwichs from the local deli. Two is about my limit. Now I will admit I tend to sit long at the wine. sometimes to my detriment.

By the way ..I agree with you that most women are quick witted...much more than most men...no problem with this.
As to gaining favor with the ladies..that is not a difficult goal to accomplish and it does little in this format. You should already know this.
Metrosexual is a new term to me..I am not familiar with it nor am I much familiar with that fashion line you posted though I know what Riverdance is. The woman I am seeing wanted me to take her to see it but I couldnt make the schedule. We settled for a musical titled " Always Patsy" about Patsy Cline. I dont like musicals but it turned out to be very enjoyable.
Also I dont know what a indie film is. Not up to speed on that one.
Tanning salons..no thanks. I work in a nuclear reactor..no problem if I need to get tanned. I work graveyard shift...night creature here. Soon to be transfered to the swing shift. Day shift..no thanks..not intrested. I love the night!!!!
As to testosterone..it gets tiring after awhile. Very overdone and overated to me just like alot of Girl stuff religion. When you realize what a subculture it has become complete with merchandizing ..to keep one on this string it loses appeal quickly. Keep in mind that I work mostly with men..and when one sees the conversations mostly being one dimensional ...sports/sex/ stereos/computers et al...well I think you get the point.
I am happy for you that most of your friends are males. No problem with such here.
However I am curious about something I noticed and if I may enter into a personal point..dont answer if it is to personal..do you find that you are often frowned upon by women who see you as competitive or a threat???It is just something I have run across in others.
As to getting "boned" that is not a problem either. It is not my main goal in life. Getting access to the opposite sex is not difficult. No "Oil Shortage here. Peace is the difficult commodity to find from a woman. Piece is not.
Being so well rounded and knowlegable you should know this too. I just dont see it in your posts. Nor do I see this concept from most of the men to whom I speak. It is foreign to them. I am often given to wonder if this is why so many settle for sports. To escape the lack of peace in thier lives.

Thanks Denial,
Orangetom

seriously DUDE!!! Want to go to a yankees game or something? I'll buy you a beer
Allow me to digress my immaturity in my last post, as I do believe this is titled, "Women here it is- Whats wrong with men?" As I felt inclined to offer moral support for one of my brokenhearted, estrogenesque, comrades, as most women do. You find solace in appearing to be "above the norm for male standards" . Since you made it abundantly clear to demographically stereotype me, I shall give you YOUR analysis.

I really don't buy into the logic that you believe that my post is typical girlie religious stuff, No offense, but most of my friends have always been the male species. If you had a clue about women, you would realize we are quick witted(most), and enjoy cracking fart jokes, poop jokes, sex jokes and the likes, just as secretly you do too."( AMAZING, ALL That AND we give BIRTH too!)
" That" pull my finger" one gets me everytime, and you do have to admit, the vapor lock comment had you rolling!

There is a word for you my friend, it is called "Metrosexual" Allow me to define based on consensus. A "metrosexual" is a new trend of males pretending to be appalled by their male counterparts cro magnon behavior, simply as a ploy to get chicks. The "Metro" will usually belittle sterotypical
Testerone driven male counterparts to gain favor of the ladies, to go so far as to even sign up for the latest local womens lib rally.

They are known to be great afficianados of indie films, Riverdance, the local waxing parlor, tanning salon, and LLBean, and Ralph Lauren. Instead of killing their plants, they usually have the latin names memorized, and your idea of foreplay is foie gras, served on rye crisps, a good merlot, followed by Pan seared Duck in blood orange sauce, and perhaps a nice creme brulee followed by a nice snifter of louis the 13th, for all who don't know its cognac at 1200 a bottle...

"I drink very little..watch no sports...little television, like the company of women better than men..yet have little use for most women ..or even most men in the socialization arena. "

Stop trying to score brownie points as a ploy to get boned.
Have a beer on me, or if your lifestyle prefers, a nice Lindemanns Frambois

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

do you find that you are often frowned upon by women who see you as competitive or a threat???

Absolutely, I cannot keep "girlfriends", because they are always worried about me trying to move into their territory, I have never dated a guy that has even remotely been involved with a friend even after it's done . I look at them as forbidden territory, and I realize there are other fish in the sea.

I get along very easily men, I was in the ARMY for 8 years,and have no brothers, my father taught me all the things he would have passed onto a son, being I was the eldest of 3 girls.I have common knoweledge and interests with more men than I do ladies. Most women take having a buddy conversation about rebuilding a carberator equates to getting in the sack with someone. They dont look at it as just having a beer.

Most men as teenage boys, blew stuff up, and played with transformers, therefore the fact that I have handled live grenades, played football in 3rd grade(because I wasn't "cute" enough to handle cheerleading)poured the foundation on a house, know how to work with pneumatic tools, etc.. usually fascinates the beejeezus out of them. Hey I was even scouted for the WPFL for a quarterback position on the New England Storm, but tore my ACL.

When I was younger, my parents tried to turn me into the ultimate girl,I was always given things like barbies(which my dog gladly ate and disposed of), dollhouses , I wanted the football and chemistry set. When I was given a tastybake oven, and a microscope, I made my dinky little cake, while viewing slides of my hair at 100x magnification, my parents also instilled the importance of marrying a rich guy.. Ha!
Mom and Dad.

I was exposed to 5 years of ballet, etiqette classes, gymnastics, tap, and jazz, I rebelled, both of my sisters are typical girlies, that also rely heavily on thier hubbys for their existance, ie my one sister owns 2 houses but only because her hubby works 3 jobs to support her. (which I feel bad for him because he's a really good guy
I on the other hand take comfort in knowing that if my sink breaks, I'll repair it myself, I am truly self sufficient down to the mechanics of my car.

Unlike popular belief, most men are deep creatures, just as women.
( Men do have the basic fears ingrained in their self, as do women,) but when you mix fear times testosterone, you usually end up with instinctual agression.(passive or otherwise)Observe any male, and when he's told something that instills sorrow, the first instinct is usually to punch something.

I do believe chivalry went out the window, but I also think women's lib has taken too drastic an approach, I wanted to be the first female green beret, (my dad was one, and I wanted to make him proud) But at the time there was another female who had the rank to try out, she realized it was too hard, and quit. Same thing from the girl at the Citadel. Thanks alot, only makes alot of men say "Gee, we told you women can't do this"

So many women fight for equal rights, get them, and then ruin it for the ones, who are happy being recognized for the fact that we are beyond cooking cleaning and birthing.
Ie we wanted to get equal rights in the workplace, ok, but why complain about jokes about breast size in a male dominated office. We can never really have equal rights, as long as there are lascivious and frivolous lawsuits for sexual harrassment, because of
sex related remarks.

Both sides need to come to grips and realize that. If someone talking about their penis size starts making you uncomfortable, tell them all about the circumcision video you watched on discovery the other night, trust me they wont mention their willies around you anymore.

Maybe I'm thicker skinned, than most people, I'm not exactly what you would say unattractive, I'm slender, and petite, I also tended bar not too long ago while I was launching my company. The comments I, as well as any other female tender, received, were enough to make your ears bleed. You respond by simply cutting off the booze, and then having them forcibly removed.

I too think that the market for things stating such as "Girl Power" have been completely misconstrued, and tiresome, in their interpretation, it is ok for a little battle of the sexes, but to devoid all men of their basic instincts, and rights, IE provider, hunter, gatherer, procreator, has been translated to "I will not let you provide me with the necessities of survival, because you are trying to say I can't do anything" We have basically turned ourselves into emasculators, in the psychological sense.

The only thing I see wrong with men, is the fact that we women, have taken away their rightful place to be chivalrous. Most men are now afraid to do things like pay, for fear of having it thrown up in their faces, being accused of being a sexist pig because they are assuming the woman can't handle the bill. Their nature is to reproduce, and carry forth good genetics, so their heritage may continue. Many men raised to be "gentlemen" Are ostracised by their female counterparts.

Upon the arrival of a womans right to choose, many men lost their right at procreation, I am not saying that a womans right to choose is a bad thing, as I like control over my body, but women, who don't say a word about choosing to do something, that is wrong. This doesn't count in extreme circumstances such as rape, or forcible pregnancies,after all he didn't consider your feelings.

To make it short, a buddy of mine was informed by his ex-wife, that she was pregnant with his twins, he was eccstastic, that there was a possibility of them reconcilling, that he would be able to not only be a part of his 4 year olds life, he would be a new father.

She called him a week later to say that she miscarried, needless to say he was DEVISTATED. About a month after that, she admitted to him she had the pregnancy terminated, because she didn't feel like going through with it. He is now a raging alcoholic, and noone has heard or seen from him in 2 weeks. Were getting very worried. She should be shot.

The problem with trying to find peace, coexists in your very spiritual nature, unless you take an objective approach, you will never find peace. Most women are ingrained for empathy, while men are problem solvers. Men are very logical and basic in their thoughts, and because we women have so many emotions, we tend to talk in riddles.

IE For women, I want a glass of water equates to please sypathize with my thirst, and ask what you can do. When Men say I want a glass of water, that equates to please get me a glass of water. They know what its like to be thirsty, so thereofre no need to waste time sympathizing.When men learn how to read between the lines, then women will stop speaking in riddles. And there will be peace.

Hope Ive clarified some...

PS try Borders, much better selection than B&N

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I can go on for 4 pages, but I wont. I aint in the mood.

I will give my view in a simply form:

Only thing wrong with men is that they give too much credit to women.

Men are simply too positive. They believe that women think like them.

Well, THEY DONT !!!

---

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join