It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we keep wiccans as pets?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I practiced Wicca for a good portion of my adult life. I still hold it to be one of the most beautiful religions out there

I have to agree with you. Although I no longer practice Wicca as well I still view it as one of the most beautiful religions out there.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Seeking Nirvana]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
About those Wiccans...I've actually had a strange experience with a 'coven' myself. But...not before they attempted to involve me in a 'Pyramid Scheme' to the tune of $5000. This was a low point for me and soured the entire experience.

So...bottom line (?)...not all Wiccans are so wonderful.

On a side note...I never understood how spells affecting others could sit well with the Wiccan Rede. Sorry to get serious on this magicckal thread...

Sorry about some trying to make a buck.

But I grew up in the island and even when my parents are very religious, may mother been a Catholic, keeps the island believes of Santeria, spiritism and brujeria, in which enchantments are part of it.

Now as came to be exposed to all these believes in my Island, I learned that it was more of the power of subjection that the actually charms and enchantments working "its magic"

In other words if you grow up believing that certain potions and enchantments work you will be more gullible to be affected by it.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oh absolutely - there are idiots, scam-artists and obscenely nasty people everywhere; there isn't a religion on the planet free from 'em, unfortunately.

Thankfully, they're not representative of the religion in question; for the same reason that terrorists aren't typical of Islam, abortion-bombers aren't typical of Christianity, etc etc.

Sadly evil exists everywhere, and thus, in every situation, community and/or religion; and I'm sorry that you - and indeed, sorry that anyone has been hurt in this manner - were a victim to such crimes.

Again we're shown that religion itself isn't the problem - but rather, the actions of those few followers risk permanently tainting the reputation of both.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Again we're shown that religion itself isn't the problem - but rather, the actions of those few followers risk permanently tainting the reputation of both.

Amen to that, tinkleflower...it's the main reason I have searched as much as I could throughout the worlds religions, looking for that common thread wherein lie the fruits of truth. I've found that no-one else's take on spirituality can ever dovetail with my own.

The search can only be within yourself.

All a person can really do to help enlighten others is to allow them the room to worship their own way. The worlds religions can only be a guide to the truth hidden behind curtains of greed and self interest.

Anyways, that's why I give them cotton picken' Wiccans the back 40 acres to play in (after they pick the standard 13 bales, that is).

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

If i catch a right wing Christian, can i lock them away in my basement?
Are they good barbequed?

Yes they are...they're also good with garlic and butter. My pet lion loves them plain though.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yes they are...they're also good with garlic and butter. My pet lion loves them plain though.

I'm such a very, very bad woman. A completely hopeless, without-a-doubt, horrible person.

Because all I can think of is "mmmm...tasty..." and things of a positively Adult-Only rating.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I'm such a very, very bad woman. A completely hopeless, without-a-doubt, horrible person.

Because all I can think of is "mmmm...tasty..." and things of a positively Adult-Only rating.

I think Southern Fried Right-Wings have to be my favorite!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You can't keep them as pets, they are human beings withj only a religious difference. If Saint Timmy said that they ate kids, etc then that is religous discrimination and if he were alive today he would be shot! How about keeping Christians as pets, thjat would be entertaining! Monothesists stuck in a basement, I wonder how long they will last!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I thought they ate Jesus Krispies....????

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The website you got that from is one of my favs and is flipping hilarious.

www.landoverbaptist.net...

Which stems from

whitehouse.org...

which is also hilarious, maybe more hilarious. Love those sites!

[edit on 12-8-2005 by MauiStacey]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
! How about keeping Christians as pets, thjat would be entertaining! Monothesists stuck in a basement, I wonder how long they will last!

What about Atheists In Handcuffs?

Wait.

That's an entirely different concept.

Shutting up now.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
(warning...the followin is jest for funnin around...not serious)

Ah'm amazed once again at them thar wiccans...they'z just tree-mendous.
Ah wuz jest sittin thar over by yonder Ellum tree and seen this by my own eyes...ayuh!

They wus dancin' and catterwallin inna big circle an the cotton jest flew off'n them plants. It wuz jest like one of them snow storms ah heard about from the state of Canadarm...the air wuz full of cotton, I tell ya!

Next thang I seen, they made the cotton fall to the ground in bales, all ready fer the truck whut comes ta pick em up.

amazin!

Ah'm gonna give em a treat tonight...ah'm gonna let em have all the glitter and pommogrannits they've been hankering for.

Yessiree bob...they'z a Godsend! Thank you, Jesus!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
(warning...the followin is jest for funnin around...not serious)

Ah'm amazed once again at them thar wiccans...they'z just tree-mendous.
Ah wuz jest sittin thar over by yonder Ellum tree and seen this by my own eyes...ayuh!

They wus dancin' and catterwallin inna big circle an the cotton jest flew off'n them plants. It wuz jest like one of them snow storms ah heard about from the state of Canadarm...the air wuz full of cotton, I tell ya!

Next thang I seen, they made the cotton fall to the ground in bales, all ready fer the truck whut comes ta pick em up.

amazin!

Ah'm gonna give em a treat tonight...ah'm gonna let em have all the glitter and pommogrannits they've been hankering for.

Yessiree bob...they'z a Godsend! Thank you, Jesus!

Oh dat taint nuttin. I's once sawr a herd of dems wiccans doin one of dere voodoo dances 'nd such, back during the drought. Anyways, they wuz dancin and talkin some jibberish, and Jiminy Christmas it a started to rain! we'z be talkin buckets of rain! I taint never sawr nuttin likes it befo'e.

Praise Jesus for dems wiccans!!!

*NOTE: like the previous post, this is intended as sarcasm.*

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm sure if a regular member posted this, it would be in BTS by now. Hmmmm.

Anyway, I remember reading that a long time ago, and it is a spoof of christians.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Oh, please please please toss it in BTS...that way a lot more of the people it was intended for will be able to read it.

Netchicken will probably double his points count there.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Keeping Wiccans as Pets.

Wiccans are wild creatures and are not recommended for keeping as pets. They are not very trainable and tend to weild shapr knives called Athames. But if you are going to try to capture one and keep it as a pet, here are some recommendations.

1. Fire proof living space is a must. Wiccans like burning objects, like candles and incense.
2. A sacred smelling living space is a must. It should smell of myrhh and sandalwood preferably, although any natural scent will do. Avoid using artifical fragrances, as this may cause your pet Wiccan to urinate and soil to remove the offensive and mother earth killing odor.
3. Keep family bibles away from them, as Wiccans tend to use the crisp pages as rolling papers for their ceremonial spliffs.
4. Do not bring them to church, as the whole structure may cave in on you.
5. Do not leave personal material, such as hair, fingernail clippings, ect within reach, or they may use it to cast a spell on you to turn you into g-string wearing gay communist.
6. Wiccans get along well with other animals. If you are going to be out of your house for a long time, keep other pets around so they dont get lonely.
7. Do not attempt to remove that "evil" pentagram from their neck chain, as they will attack and maul you. Just sprinkle holy water wherever they have been if it bothers you.
8. Many Wiccans are vegetarians, so keep lots of hummus and falefel snacks around to keep them happy. If your Wiccan is a meat eater, make sure you only feed them free range meat killed humanely.
9. Do not dump toxic waste anywhere near your pet wiccan, as they may burn your house down to cleanse the earth of your rot.

Hope this list helps. And if you find Wiccan elves in the wild, DO NOT APPROACH. They are dangerous and currently banned from captivity by the UN.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

What about Atheists In Handcuffs?

Wait.

That's an entirely different concept.

Shutting up now.

Athiests in handcuffs? Would they happen to also be wearing lady bug costumes and John Deer hats?

Oh wait, never mind......that was my ex. Sorry, different athiest.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i think thought they survived on nuthing but obscure german beer...

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
LOL. I don't know what that was all about, but it was funny.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

if it had been the member would probably be banned by now. especially
if the title was changed to reflect a change in beliefs.

Can you keep Xians as pets? You can ... but Why?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join