It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Martial Artists?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
i have always wanted to do some sort of Martial Arts, but i never had the time and when i was a kid, it was always football,football,football(soccer) with me

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
infinite, did you see the article on ICP being named worst band ever. I definately thought there was some 80's stuff that was worse.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
do you have different dans in that form of kirate?

like when you hit black belt you get, 1 dan 2 dan 3 dan, higher versions of the black belt with usually a white stripe for each dan..

yep 1-10 each degree has a diferent colour writing on it and then 6th dan and up has different colors with stripes through 'em

oui

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I've studied Shotokan karate, Wing Chun*, Ju-Jutsu, and Tai-Chi.

*Personally instructed by Chia Tan for 5 years, and will continue under her guidance upon her arrival from China in November.

As of today I still practice Wing Chun, Ju-Jitsu, and Tai-Chi.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Right now i use the ak to give me support until i need to learn some kind of fighting style. Or do i really need to.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This coming from a "Ninja"

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i study tae kwon do and hapkido. I've also done a little bit of several other kinds such as judo and Aikido.

Ash

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
JKD, BJJ, Filipino (kali, eskrima), Muay thai, and a little bit of some wing chun mixed in there

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm a 4th Kyu Shotokan karateka. I like the fighting spirit, meticulous attention to technique detail and ,most of all, the Kata. It took a while, but the bug has got me and I'm hooked!

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
My primary art is San Miguel style Doce Pares (FMA, Eskrima)
Prior to that I studied Wing Chun Kung Fu for a few years

I have done a little in Aikido as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
wikipedia. jeet kun do

Miyamoto Musashi.

These two individuals basically give you the insight to begin a true admiration of real martial arts.
By adapting what is good to a style of efficiency, the world of martial artists evolves and new techniques are brought to the table day in day out.

A true test of any martial artist is to ask yourself whether or not you are in it for glory or honour.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
does marksmanship count as a martial art?

i might not get to jump around a whole lot, but i can damn sure kill somebody.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join