It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physics of "UFO" travel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
jumpspace ,

Your talking about TiAlCo-B.

The problem is this , even if that Magnetic Motor Works , it would not preform the way ETVs are seen to preform.

However, a Gravitational Miessner Effect, would cancel out all gravity waves inside the field, that would allow a craft to make 90 degree turns without killing occupants , or breaking apart the craft ect.

Thats why I personally think that it more likely that ETVs would use a Gravitational Miessner Effect, rather than a Magnetic Motor.

It would only require warping the gravity field to achieve speed, and it would be done without acceleration, and without infinite amounts of energy too.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is why when I say the space shuttle is out-dated and people jump on my back and say "why do you say that?" I look at stuff like that and laugh.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I totaly agree that our space shuttle is a classic.We have free energy, but the government doesn't want that out in the open, because this would erase the whole "Roswell incident" and every other lie they have said, and done to keep this information classified.They do not want to look like hiprocrites.Ahh to late, Military when will you learn you can't keep things locked up from the public.Especially the ones hell bent on unlocking our "awareness".

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
And how will the government "tax" free-energy?

They've got themselves in this bind, they have to get themselves out before it's too late and our ecosystem is destroyed in 40 years.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Our Government, aren't they something "special".Just reminds you of a bunch of young children with their new toys , that they do not want anybody else to know about or share.Well then, I am going to keep my toys to myself too so there.I sure told them huh?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Lots of good input so far.

Can anyone else think of any ideas of how they travel, possibly from abduction stories etc.

I would just like to look into some of them.

Also, lets say they are in another dimension, and they take one of us for a ride.

What happens?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thank you, jumpspace, for the link. I find it indeed very interesting.

lost_shaman wrote:

"It would only require warping the gravity field to achieve speed, and it would be done without acceleration, and without infinite amounts of energy too."

That's precisely why I gave the Star Trek example. They've done that as realistic as possible in the show. Not for no reason are people like Stephen Hawking fan.

But, yes, it's true. I fully agree to the tax issue. I do believe tha progress beyond what we know today would depends on whether it is "economically viable" for a government. I know what I'm talking about. I run a business myself and trust me - the government always makes sure they get more than everyone else. Even down to new energy sources. If they can't charge for it (which would be ridiculous if the energy is infinitely available, like mentioned magnetism etc.) they wouldn't introduce it. It's all powerplay.

And that is the sad thing. Things are kept secret, not because they may be to dangerous (which might be one reason of lower priority), but mainly because it keeps the "power players" in what they love most: Control.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I was also thinking, what possible purpose would "fancy lights" on a ufo serve? You know the stories, most of the time colored lights are mentioned.

But really what is the point of having colored lights on a craft like that?

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Holy Grail: Must read from NASA

Why is interstellar travel so tough?
Before we begin to look the answers, we need to define the problem. Let's start by looking at just how big the challenge is and the radical breakthroughs that will be required.

www.nasa.gov...

From Inspirations to Inventions
Some ideas for interstellar travel have been proposed. Let's examine them and the status of some of the technologies.

www.nasa.gov...

Ideas based on what we know
A brief description of some ideas that have been suggested over the years for interstellar travel, ideas based on the sciences that DO exist today.

www.nasa.gov...

Ideas based on what we’d like to achieve
A brief description of some ideas that have been suggested more recently which will require major breakthroughs.

www.nasa.gov...

Some Emerging Possibilities
Some more advanced concepts based on emerging physics.

www.nasa.gov...

Links to Related NASA Activities
A variety of links to official NASA activities with implications for interstellar space travel.

www.nasa.gov...

So, can we do it?

www.nasa.gov...

Frequently Asked Questions

www.nasa.gov...

Here is a pretty good source of information on physics.

Free Books

Some online books, most in .pdf form.

561 books total, not all about physics.

Another little page.

THE PHYSICS OF SPACE TRAVEL (AS WE UNDERSTAND IT)

www.physics.uc.edu...

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I was also thinking, what possible purpose would "fancy lights" on a ufo serve? You know the stories, most of the time colored lights are mentioned.

But really what is the point of having colored lights on a craft like that?

that is a very good question

the UFO i saw somewhat close-up *maybe 1000meters altitude*
it had redish colored lights on it
without those lights i would not have seen it being it was night time

now....i have NO CLUE why they have these lights on the bottom of it
NO CLUE at all!

heck; the "mystery" of how they travel so far is actually Easier to figure out than
the "mystery" of why they actually put lights on the dang thing

its very very mysterious indeed
im totally perplexed

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Nova,

Try searching on 'Vomit Comet', it is run by NASA as part of space training.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here is some info on weightlessness:

spaceinfo.jaxa.jp...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.answers.com...
www.nogravity.com...

The vomit comet

en.wikipedia.org...

Purchase a similar flight here:
www.nogravity.com...

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Dulcimer: Nice links. I visit the NASA websites regularly, but I have to admit so far these pages have escaped my attention.

Again though, they speak of theories that we cannot realize yet, due to the fact that we haven't got the knowledge. A possible alien civilization may have solved these issues and may have been able to utilize one or the other propulsion method.

muzzleflash: Lights could have a navigational purpose and might be a kind of sensor supporting device, like infrared. It depends what kind of technology that UFO is using.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
people like Dulcimer and Meshuggah who actually get down and do the dirty work of digging into these subjects ; looking for clues
they are the reason ATS is so great!
their drive for knowledge is the key to making sense of all this mess

thats why
You have voted Dulcimer for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month

very good work Dulcimer
your digging is bringing ALOT of information to all of us interested
and i thank you for that

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I hope that more people take the time to look at things such as this. I find it more interesting to look at something and figure out how it may work.

Keep up the good work everyone.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Dulcimer:

Regarding the flashing lights, I would put that down to plasma and bernstein wave effects, amongst others.

Regarding various dimensions and how it *may* be possible to traverse dimensions, I would recommend "The Book of Knowledge"/"The Keys of Enoch" by J.J. Hurtak - a VERY good read.

The main problem with our current understanding of Physics is that we have is completely wrong, based on various "simplifications" so that "we" can equate things easier.

Once good link to point you in the right direction is:

www.cheniere.org...

Happy enlightenment

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was just thinking - in a lot of the more credible UFO videos the thing seems to be not only circular or saucer shaped, but it also seems to be spinning horizontally.

Obviously anyone inside won't be spinning horizontally (i.e. the floor inside will be stationary), which would support the fact that there is an outer shell that moves. Either that or some sort of field around the object just makes it look as if it's spinning.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
my opinion is so that the centrifugal forces enable them to manipulate gravity. we do the same thing in space to create artificial gravity

[edit on 28-7-2005 by keybored]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hmmm...personally, I *believe* the spinning is for gravitational alignment and a possible means to create a "vortex" or "sink" - think of spinning tops and gyroscopes
Ever wonder why they teach bugger all about gyro's these days - even in engineering? The actual thing spinning though, is not necessarily the outer shell

I remember seeing a photo once of a downed ufo in russia and there were "ceramic looking" type rollers around the circumference of the disc

I could even tell you about a story where I provided plans to a well known gentleman who "apparently" built a two seater hovering unit...but that was a long time ago and I'm really surprised they got it working at all. I was invited for a viewing (yes I was naive back then and didn't get an NDA signed), however the whole company seemed to "disappear" overnight

Oh well...

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by keybored
my opinion is so that the centrifugal forces enable them to manipulate gravity. we do the same thing in space to create artificial gravity

My opinion is that you'd have to have a very silly design in order for "centrifugal forces" to make anything worthwhile through spinning.

Dulcimer, those that warp.html page is pure gold.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join