It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physics of "UFO" travel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It's extremely unlikely that our laws of physics are either complete or correct, so you can't really answer a question based on that.

Also, I thought some reports from 'insiders' were that the UFO ships weren't propulsion based. So they're not firing rockets or anything like that to gain momentum. They could be use magnetics somehow, or gravity or something we don't know about.

When thinking about this sort of thing I think of two things:

1. A lot of UFOs witnessed seem to make 90 degree turns at extreme speeds, which would suggest that this has no effect on whoever is inside, otherwise they'd be mushed up against the view screen

2. Lots of abductee type people claim that there is no sense of motion when inside the ships.

This would support the idea that there is some sort of 'field' around them.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
90degree turns is only 'half the truth'

they can do 130degree turns

heck even 180 degree turns at super speed

i never saw one hit a 180 but ive seen 130s before *something around there*

i do recall ive seen one hit sharper than 90degrees
*yes ive seen it*

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Also, I thought some reports from 'insiders' were that the UFO ships weren't propulsion based. So they're not firing rockets or anything like that to gain momentum. They could be use magnetics somehow, or gravity or something we don't know about.

You're on to something. The most logical assumption is that they have mastered 'space', or as you call it, gravity. They know what it is, how it works, and can control it. Theoretically you could just 'bend' space infront of the ship you're in and thus gain an incredible amount of acceleration, only at the enery expense of the machine that's doing the bending. Also, quantum physics forsees that once you can create such a field inertia will sease to exist inside that field, explaining the extreme turns, while nothing gets 'muched'.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesOfTheFuture
Some believe they are not from our plane of existence, but from a different universe/dimension in the multiverse. That would mean they haven't got to travel great physical distances to get here. Well, this surely sounds way out there, to say the least, but it could perhaps explain the weird behaviour of some objects/entities that's been observed.

I think this may be the best solution. It is speculated that universes close to each other can exchange information by gravity waves, which is being touted as one of the explanations why the force due to gravity is so weak compared to the other three fundamental forces.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Does anyone know much about that thing where you go up in a plane to quite a high altitude, then you decend at high speeds at a certain angle. This apparently causes weightlessness on board the plane for about a minute when they can safely decend at such an angle. I don't know much about it and don't even know what it's called, so I can't search for it.

What if this was applied to UFOs? Say a ship had an outer shell that was constantly spinning downwards at a certain angle, affecting the gravity inside the ship. This isn't really anything to do with how they move at fast speeds, but more to do with how the inside of the ship might not be affected by these fast speeds.

Maybe it's nothing, I'm just thinking out loud.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Laws are the same thing as theories...it means they stand on a strong foundation with substancial evidence and experimental proof to make the claim.

There may be ways around the accelerating to the speed of light issue, like a warp drive, but there are many problems associated with that as well...one cannot claim these devices are possible in reality unless one is actually constructed and functioning.

Wormholes...white holes....I am not an astrophysicist (although I started my college career as an astrophysics major, then switched to physics), but there is no proof of their existance. To say we even have a grip as to what a black hole is, is arrogance.

Whoever said we don't know anything is absolutely correct. We know only a limited amount, and we always will. That's just something we have to accept, and I think something most of my colleagues accept too.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well ppl, I do have significant input into this realm however, until I get assurance from ATS that my intellectual property remains mine I won't post it.
I will expound a few facts however...
All things being equal, you can't get more out than you put in is often spouted as being the reason we don't have perpetual motion etc. All things are created equal, doesn't mean that they can't be swayed one way or the other.
E=MC^2 can also be written as E/C^2 = M
The equation above, energy divided by velocity squared equals mass rather says it all doesn't it? Mass can be manipulated. IMHO of course.

*edited for spelling*

[edit on 27-7-2005 by keybored]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Two words for UFO travel.. if you have paid attn to string theory in physics it would explain how "possibly" they might travel.. To the best of my knowledge and I have a couple string theory books (just havent read them yet) it has something to do with manipulating vibrations on the sub atomic level allowing for travel between dimensions.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Why would I tell you, I would patent it first

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They travel in another dimension. That is how they escape physical destruction.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I had recently read a theory , somewhere(?) , and Nova has already brought up a few good points, about observed acceleration of UFO's(ETVs)suggesting Fields.

The Theory is that gravity may act like magnetism, and we know that super-conductors , create Magnetic fields , that cancel out all other magnetic fields around them.

So for instance if we could create one of these "gravity bubbles"(my lame words), we could manipulate the field, allowing us to assume a "speed" without the pesky accelleration factor.

That would account for most if not all of the observed feats of UFOs(ETVs).

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There was a very interesting site on the Internet that also had a *very* interesting artivle on how a "ufo" works.

For some reason, it has been shut down and there is no response from anyone there...the site was called www . magneticenergy . com

HOWEVER, you can access the info via:

web.archive.org...*/www.magneticenergy.com...

Have fun

Overseer, that site should interest you based on what you have said.

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
For some reason, it has been shut down and there is no response from anyone there...

Maybe the proverbial nail took a smack to the head

Going to look now!

Edit: Either web archive is down, or they've removed that site!

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Nova]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
jumpspace ,

I think I'm sticking with my "Gravitational Meissner Effect".

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Nova:

I just accessed the archive again OK. Try this (old) link:

web.archive.org...

To get a full grasp of the "technology", you really need to read ALL the informatoin from the site and ALL documents relating to all the "inventions". For some reason, some things are "hidden" in various specs regarding each device. It's a LOT of reading (if you can download it, that is), however if you have an understanding of magnetism then you should be able to see the "big picture".

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I see it now, cheers. I see what you mean about the magnetic energy site - that is a hell of a lot of information. Surely someone making some sort of hoax site wouldn't spend all that time creating that...

I checked out the Meissner Effect but to be perfectly honest it went straight over my head. I'll have to sit down and read it when I'm less tired.

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Nova]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
lost_shaman:

Interesting article.

If you read the previous link I gave, I think you'd find it interesting...especially about a special "alloy" that needs to be manufactured

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I hadn't read through it other than skimming . I do agree with it (from what I had read) and the basis of my belief is that I too see a viable means of harnessing magnetic energy. I know it should be possible.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They can defy our laws of physics quite easily, why because our laws do not apply to them.If they are to stay on our vibration/frequency then there laws would obide by ours.These being's are the physical composite of ghosts.THey are energy in motion, but like energy it can change forms.Time is only the "now" for them.If we define things then we can also "redefine" things.These beings defy our laws like nothing, because they are on a different layer of being.They know that physical laws are an illusion set up to keep that density solid , when in fact it is liquid.We were taught a physical description of things, what if we were wired differently and taught the spiritual laws instead.Then we would also be functioning on another layer of existance.And laws would be only a word that keeps us in a set reality.But if we are fluid, then "laws" is only a word and not a barrier.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join