It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Witnesses Say London Bombers Returned For Explosives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Neighbors of the New Southgate, North London building identified by police as the bomb factory used by last week's terror attackers reported that some of the suspects returned to the scene the day after the attempted bombing.

www.timesonline.co.uk
THE fugitive bombers who bungled their attacks on London’s transport system last week returned to their secret cache of explosives to rearm themselves for another assault, Scotland Yard believes.

Immediately after the bombings up to three of the men who tried to blow up three Tube trains and a bus were seen by a neighbour at the ninth-floor flat in New Southgate, North London, that they were using as a bomb factory.

Witnesses claim that some of the suspects made a second trip the next day to the flat where police yesterday found chemicals and bombmaking materials.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The story goes on to say that one of the suspects was recently granted a British passport despite his criminal record. Ouch.

The whole story surrounding the second bombing attempt is getting more bizzare as each day passes.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The buggers......

There is a saying I read in the Sunday times a few years back that springs to mind...

"Step on an Englishmans toes and he will apologise. Step on them again and he will say sorry and move out your way. Step on them a third time and he will kick your face in....."

Let them try it.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sky News has a little more info but not much.

Police have also found chemicals in a garage nearby, which match those used in the attempted bombings on July 21.

"Materials of interest" - thought to be a substantial amount of chemicals that may be explosives - are said to have been found in the underground garage.

Suspects Return to Flat

What bothers me is the fact they found substantial amounts of chemicals that may be explosives.

I hate to say this, but I think it is time to use full racial profiling to find all these fanatics before they can recruit more home grown individuals.

[edit on 7/26/2005 by shots]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
BBC have an X-ray picture of one of the bombs:

And there is a picture of the suspected bomber at Shephards Bush:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That looks like a nail bomb to me, but I am not expert.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Thats what I thought.

But then, I have seen items like that in the dodgy looking "Pleasure zone" rdown the road from my house.....

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
That indeed looks like a nail-bomb using a glass bottle as the container for the explosives, adding further shrapenl to the mix. Definately not the most sophisticated of explosive devices but crude enough to be effective, guess these terrorists are not the super-brains they keep being made out to be half of the time.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If it works, it works.

Often the best design is the simplest, less chance of going wrong.

Thankfully though, this one still did fail. But hat is more likely to be the result of the "explosive material" being in a degraded state like they found in the flat.

Apparently, when the men went back to collect more material, they dumped a load down a rubbish chute.

Down 9 floors!!

Imagine if that had been in a less degraded state and hit the bottom of the chute. We would have had an apartment block flattened like in Moscow.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Thats what I thought.

Read this I am sure you will find it interesting, I know I did.

From The Scottsman

How many more suicide bombers wait poised to kill?

Key points
Sixteen nail bombs have been found in a car near Luton station
• The car had been hired by suicide bomber Shehzad Tanweer
• Experts believe the bombs were left for another terrorist attack

Key quote
"Clearly someone was intended to pick them up. Surely they would not have been left there for no reason. It makes you wonder whether there was another wave of attacks planned." - Professor Paul Wilkinson.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Read this I am sure you will find it interesting, I know I did.

From The Scottsman

How many more suicide bombers wait poised to kill?
[.....]

In addition to that Scotsman informative article;

Article Title: "How Big Was The Terror Plot"
news.independent.co.uk...

concerning the 16 nail bombs,
most likely to be used at nightclubs or stadium sport events to kill people

the antipersonnel grenades(bombs) are fashioned after the types
used in Palestine and Ulster over the years...
using a mix of acetone~peroxide, but needing the detonator

the cache of 16 grenade-bombs, found in the rental car used by the July 7th
cell of 4, presumed dead, terrorists?sympathizers?dupes?mules?
just compounds the mystery.
but it does not seem that the bombing of 7-7-05, or the 21-7-05 attempt=
was wrapped in a 'Holy-Jihad' element
the acts seem steeped in just the thrill of committing 'murder'

top topics

join