It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the truth shall set you free! (The End)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Guy

Is the only reason that you can think of why millions of people who chose to become freemasons have decided to stay that way is because they have become indoctrinated? How about because they enjoy it and get something valuable out of it. Since anyone can leave anytime they want, it does rather suggest that an element of free will is at work here.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Kawasaki

I need clarification on some of your posts. I have been "trying" to follow the latter half fo this thread, but I need to understand what the Scottish Rite is and how it applies to other lodges around the world. That being said, the obvious question is, if the Scottish Rite does x, y and z, does that necessarily mean other masonic lodges do the same?

The Scottish Rite is one of two major rites of Freemasonry that flourish in the English-speaking world. It is a system that consists of 33 degrees of science, philosophy, and theosophy, but has yields jurisdiction of the first three degrees, which is original Ancient Craft Masonry, to Blue Lodges of the York Rite.

Master Masons in good standing may join the Scottish Rite, and receive the 4° - 32°. The 33° is honorary.

The Scottish Rite's degrees are elaborations on the first three. So much is taught in the three Ancient Craft degrees that unfortunately, not much time can spent upon any one subject. For example, the lesson of charity is taught in the first degree, but the subject is quickly changed to another matter, as only so much can be taught in a two hour ceremony. The Purpose of the Scottish Rite degrees is to break down and concentrate on the individual teachings of the Blue Lodge more completely.

The website of the Supreme Council 33° of the Scottish Rite, S.J., USA can be viewed here:

www.srmason-sj.org...

For myself, Masonry, although interesting in terms of academic content, is a way to collect money from 3 million people and keep them indoctrinated.

Interestingly, it probably costs less to be a Mason than to be a member of practically any other organization. Most Lodges in my area charge around $30 per year in dues. Masonry is non-profit fraternal organization, and Lodges usually do not receive revenues that are higher than expenses. Dues money goes to pay the regular bills of the Lodge, with anything left over going to charity.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Masonic Light:

OK. I am certain $30 per year is grossly underestimated. But even at that, that is $90 million dollars annually. But it is more, since membership costs are higher than $30 per person. I am not making any accusations about money skimming, but to say unequivacally that the "rest" of the money is given to charity is idealist.

As for my comments about the organization and why people join and stay in. Those comments could be applied to many other organizations as well. I can't say some do not join for fun. I am also not equating this to things like Karate clubs, chess clubs and the like. But Masnry is particularly of interest because of suspicious assocations with Government (i.e. past leaders, symbols, etc.). Thus, what is implied is indoctrination, cover ups, etc. Detach "Government Association" and my eyebrow, as I am sure most others', are lowered and life goes on: just another chess club in that case.

Anyway, at the risk of oversimplifying my thinking, I have a theory as to why people join clubs, and I have stated it in some other threads. In this way, Masonry is not particularly singled out. But it is singled out in terms of indoctrination accordingly.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Guy Kawasaki]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

OK. I am certain $30 per year is grossly underestimated.

It isn't underestimated at all. My Lodge charges $30.00 per year for Master Masons, and $15.00 per year for Past Masters. The most expensive Lodge in my area charges $50.00, and the least expensive charges $25.00.

But even at that, that is $90 million dollars annually. But it is more, since membership costs are higher than $30 per person. I am not making any accusations about money skimming, but to say unequivacally that the "rest" of the money is given to charity is idealist.

Lodges regularly hold fundraisers of all sorts. This allows them to meet their expenses if they haven't done so otherwise, and to contribute to charities.

As for my comments about the organization and why people join and stay in. Those comments could be applied to many other organizations as well. I can't say some do not join for fun. I am also not equating this to things like Karate clubs, chess clubs and the like. But Masnry is particularly of interest because of suspicious assocations with Government (i.e. past leaders, symbols, etc.). Thus, what is implied is indoctrination, cover ups, etc. Detach "Government Association" and my eyebrow, as I am sure most others', are lowered and life goes on: just another chess club in that case.

It isn't difficult to determine Masonry's prominent role in the founding of the United States. On a History Channel program about Masonry which aired recently, a non-Masonic (and female) professor of history said that if one word could describe the Constitution and Bill of Rights, that word would be "Masonic".

Nevertheless, over time, the influence of Masonic principles on civil procedures have waned, even among those officials who themselves are or were Masons. Very few government leaders today are Freemasons, and most of the ones who are, are "casual Masons", who have a ring, tie tack, car decal, and membership card, but are not active in the fraternity, much less students of it. The days when Masonic scholars framed and directed our nation are, unfortunately, long gone.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Masonic Light:

OK. I am certain $30 per year is grossly underestimated
[edit on 14-9-2005 by Guy Kawasaki]

You are so right Guy I have to pay $40 a year, but that might be because we just built a new building

[edit on 14-9-2005 by lost in the midwest]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Some colleagues pay much more in my local area.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Some colleagues pay much more in my local area.

Well that will depend very much what your local area is. I pay about $200 a year but then I live in the UK and freemasonry is structured differently over here.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
Well that will depend very much what your local area is. I pay about $200 a year but then I live in the UK and freemasonry is structured differently over here.

I belive we are too cheap here in the USA. If members paid more they may show up to more meetings to ensure they get their money's worth.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
yeah, some time have passed, and I again have some questions.

What's the purpose of the Supreme Council? Is the one in US responsible (supervising) for all scotish rite lodges around the globe? Who elects the 33 members of it? Are all those members only US citizens? And could you share any other info that I could find of interest?

I've checked their webpage and I was fascinated by all the luxury there, it's worth millions... it's amazing, I would really like to see all that myself one day

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost in the midwest
I belive we are too cheap here in the USA. If members paid more they may show up to more meetings to ensure they get their money's worth.

I think it's more to do with economies of scale. English lodges are generally much smaller than US ones so the overheads are divided amongst fewer people.

But you're right - another difference is that our attendance is usually well over 50% and there certainly appears to be more commitment to the Craft. But then we don't have the Scottish & York Rites and the Shriners using the 'Blue' lodge as a stepping stone. Craft masonry is definately 'where it all happens'.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Conspiracy Follower
What's the purpose of the Supreme Council? Is the one in US responsible (supervising) for all scotish rite lodges around the globe? Who elects the 33 members of it? Are all those members only US citizens? And could you share any other info that I could find of interest?

Hi CF

Like Craft freemasonry, the Side (Appendant) Orders are governed by jurisdictions which broadly parallel national or state boundaries. There are 2 Scottish Rite Supreme Councils in the US - www.supremecouncil.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Northern and Southern Jurisdications. England is governed by The Ancient and Accepted Rite for England and Wales and let's not forget good old Canada

The rules about who gets to be a 33 degree Scottish Rite freemason varies between jurisdictions. It is highly likely that an American SR freemason will receive the 32nd if he wants it, but highly unlikely that an English one will, irrespective of how much he wants it.

More links to A&A sites can be found here

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Conspiracy Follower

What's the purpose of the Supreme Council?

The Supreme Council is the governing body of the Scottish Rite. It's purpose is administrative.

Is the one in US responsible (supervising) for all scotish rite lodges around the globe?

No. The Supreme Council, Southern Jurisdiction, USA, is the oldest Supreme Council, and is sometimes called the "Mother Council" for that reason. Over the years, they've chartered other Supreme Councils throughout the world, all of whom are independent, but who recognize each other. In the USA, there are two Councils, Southern Jurisdiction and Northern. The Northern Council governs the Rite in 11 or 12 northern states, while the SJ Council has jurisdiction over the rest of the nation.

Who elects the 33 members of it?

The Sovereign Grand Commander nominates a Brother to become a Sovereign Grand Inspector General, which is then placed on the floor of the Supreme Council for vote. If elected, he becomes SGIG of the state which he was nominated for, which ipso facto makes him a member of the Supreme Council.

Are all those members only US citizens?

They are required to be citizens of the state wherein they hold the office of Sovereign Grand Inspector General. For example, the SGIG of Florida must live in Fla., etc.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
thank you for sharing the information.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeonHelmet

Masonic Structure:

The most commonly known "cults" are the York rite and the Scottish rite, which are the basics of Free Masonry, then we have the more elite cults and they are named Red Cross, Knights Malta and Knights Templar. Also they are ruled by the Grand Council and the Ordo Templi Orients, they abide to their rules; the Masonic "cults" also include sub "cults" like the Eastern Star and the White Shrine. The "cult" is then divided into different ranks, the Scottish rite has 33 ranks, the O.T.O has 10 ranks and the York rite has 10 etc. You then have to go through these initiation ceremonies where you declare you allegiance and faith in the Great Architect of the Universe. What is the purpose of these initiation ceremonies? There is a simple answer for this; it is the same as any law: what is the purpose of law? OBEDIENCE! Obey or be punished! Obey or die, be exiled etc. etc.

I'm not a mason, but I went to the local lodge to ask about Crowley and the Ordo Templari Orientis. The Worshipful Master told me that you would be kicked out of freemasonry for joining the OTO because it is a clandestine group that took freemasonic teachings, claimed to "make freemasons," and then INCORRECTLY taught that the scope of freemasonry is sun and phallus worship.

I've read through "Morals and Dogma," and there is no sun or phallus worship. At one point the book was only given to 32nd degree masons who had reached the end of the degrees. It doesn't make sense to keep information to people who have completed all the degrees. That is the point of completing all the advancement - you have all the knowledge.

I have read an electronic copy of the rituals of the OTO - they are HIGHLY disturbing. I have also read the first three degrees' rituals of the freemasons, and a few of the higher ones, including the 33rd degree ritual. The freemason degrees have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with sun or phallus worship. Nothing.

My opinion of where freemason rituals come from: there once was a true and holy practice that was practiced by the followers of God. Evil people and tyrant rulers tried to suppress it. The surviving believers, instead of buckling under the pressure, reformatted the ritual to disguise it so they could pass it along. Throughout the centuries, and without the guidance of religious leaders, most of the real significance was lost, and a more secular meaning took over. These rituals were compiled, reformatted, and rearranged in a more "offical" format by early freemasons and associates. They teach good things, but do not contain a doctrine of salvation.

Of course, this is my opinion - I will not force this on anyone.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"I got stabbed in the chest with a needle.. said an oath..
so i want you to too.. it's da Tooth!"

"I had my readings done with an e-meter.. having auditing..

"I was plunged in water.. said a prayer..

Yeah we go thru a Great Year..

Da Vinci shows that in his Last Supper painting:

skull.bur.st...

Yeah, compare Cancer above to Cancer at 11 o'clock to Midnight here:

skull.bur.st...

See it goes Gemini, the first of Air.. then over to the first of Earth, Taurus..
first of Fire, Aries.. then first of Water, Pisces.
Then i goes around to the second of Air, Aquarius.

This is at the heart of most religions.

The Occult Theocracy encapsulates them, as well as and including Freemasonry.

You don't get to the inner libraries of the Vatican without climbing the ranks now do you?

of course, the constellations are stars..

like mars isn't really a god of war.. it's just a rock.

the constellations aren't really lions and crabs and rams.. they're stars.

it's just how we measure time.. especially back when.

[edit on 26/6/06 by stoneskull]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NeonHelmet

interesting...but have you seen this before...?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeonHelmet

“They were a black armband when they shot the man who said peace could last forever, and in my first memories the shot Kennedy I went numb when I learned to see.”

“We practice selective annihilation of mayors and government officials for example to create a vacuum, and then we fill that vacuum. As popular war advances peace is closer!”

“Power Hungry!, selling soldiers in a human grocery store, ain’t that fresh?”

What do Guns & Roses lyrics have to do with any of this?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have to admit... this is one of the most incredible reads I've found on ATS.

He links most of the conspiracies together so incredibly and explains everything... I'm gonna S&F even though NeonHelmet has been banned...

I haven't gone through every comment it was extremely difficult given the flack but I wonder if he supplied a link to the information as a word document?

Rgds all

The best read... Incredible....
**Added** With all the recent information in the last couple of years coupled with what is included in this thread it is a fantastic read...

[edit on 15-1-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The truth that sets us free is Love.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
To all the masons sorry freemasons which are dif to the -- I AM --

you are missing his points yes he got some info wrong but as you all will know there are so many lodges some are what the main straem will call false there is only 33 degrees in the real masons as this is the 33 arc as the 33 steps to full enlightment and the new court house has 33 steps to the light yes you enter a darkish room and walk up 3 steps then and small break then to 30 steps as you walk up there the light is at the top.

My belive is that even a full fledged mason freemason knights templar will not know the full truth as his
Gnosis has not been given to him so he will not know the enlightment in which this main post is about

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join