It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Of Strange Men With Rocket Launchers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Theres A Story going around the internet that reveals military concerns about a suspicious trio of Middle Eastern men who apparently pointed a rocket launcher at low-flying aircraft near Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma earlier this month.

"On 14 Jul 05, three individuals were observed outside of the perimeter of Tinker AFB, OK. They were looking through binoculars, taking pictures and one appeared to be holding a large weapon at chest level. The weapon appeared to be aimed towards a low flying aircraft. The three individuals were described as being of Middle Eastern descent and left the area when approached. The weapon was later identified as a rocket launcher (MANPAD) and the low flying aircraft to be a B-1 Bomber. FBI in Oklahoma City and AFOSI [Air Force Office of Special Investigations] determined the threat to be credible.

I thinks its only a matter of time before one of them succeeds. Im surprised it hasn't happen yet.

vdare.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Believe it or not or OWN soldiers have been doing just htis for years. Since i have been in the service i've seen it numerous times. The practice with inert launchers but the electronics work.

Could have been a training mission for our own guys.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If the weapon was "later identified" as a MANPADS, would that mean they have photos or videos of the men? And if so, wouldn't that mean they should be able to tell whether or not they were servicemen?

Also, if it was a "practice run," why practice outside a military base keeping B-1's of all places?

I'm curious who saw the men and reported them. Not saying it's not possible, just there seems to be some information missing from the story, unless I just missed it while reading the article.

-koji K.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is almost certainly an urban legend, myth, etc. The source you cite cites a web posting board. The report is made to sound official like, but thats because urban myths are made to seem official and have 'real' details.

I'm going to chalk this up to bunkum.

Here is that articles source. Its definitly made to look like a memo from teh air force or something. Definitly a fraud. No other sources cited.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
"Beware Of Strange Men With Rocket Launchers"

Strange or not, I'll continue to be leary of anyone I see with a Rocket Launcher, whether it be a nun or an elderly lady or a postal worker.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Unfortunately in todays world.
I cant do anything without looking at people and thinking the worst.

Im not a racist, I like all cultures an I strive to understand them.
But when the media throws out Arab this Arab that, Alqaeda this Alqaeda that.. Middleeastern men with bombs, suicide bombers, its hard to not be suspicous.

I was on a bus today in Perth City Western Aust...
far away from all the troubles of teh world, the most ISOLATED city on the planet..

But I still studied this middle eastern man on the bus today simply because he had a backpack, was sitting on his own... and did nothing but stare straight ahead.

The thing is... its not the terrorists creating this fear within me, its the media telling me to be wary of everything and anything that resembles a danger..

and in the media's eyes.. everything is a real danger now.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
No terrorist would take the actual rocket launcher to the site if he wasn't planning on using it. That makes about as much sense as a bankrobber taking a shotgun with him into the bank when he's just casing the place.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
MANPADS is an acronym for MAN Portable Air Defense System. It is a name for a group of shoulder fired surface to air missiles. These include Stinger, Blowpipe, Redeye and Strella missile systems. The use of the term MANPADS and the statement that it was "later identified as a MANPADS" reduces the credibility of this story.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I bet it was a telescope.

I cant imagine they would have let the guys get away so easily. The whole nation would have heard about it.

A guy robs a 7-11 with a .22 and its on the news and the town is locked down. You dont think that reports of three middle eastern looking men with a rocket launcher near a military compound pointing it at B1's would get a little more attention?

[edit on 29-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I find it odd that they would use the term B-1 as well. Only four B-1's were made, two crashed and two are on display, according to F.A.S. The correct designation would be B-1B.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder

The thing is... its not the terrorists creating this fear within me, its the media telling me to be wary of everything and anything that resembles a danger..

and in the media's eyes.. everything is a real danger now.

Exactly.....Im still waiting for the media to say that terrorists are to blame for Natalee Holloway.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Natalee holloway was probly stolen by sex slave traders. The hot young guy sitting in jail right now was probly used as bait.

As to this whole thread.. based on the link, I'd say its propaganda bunk. I can't imagine that would go on right outside a military base. I say that, having been stationed at a closed base. That one had to have been.

top topics

join