It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-10 has finally been deployed.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
the C-801 is a indegenious missle.

The YJ-8 (C-801) (Ying Ji = Eagle Strike) is China's second generation indigenously developed anti-ship missile. Originally developed in response to the PLA's need for small-scale air-launched anti-ship missile in the late 1970s, the YJ-8 was later developed into a missile family comprising variants to be launched from sea, air, land, and underwater.

this site says copy to everything else china has but doesn't say its a copy

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
chinawhite, do you realise that the photo you have posted above shows a pair of Sea Eagles under an RAF Tornado?

At first I thought it was a photo of the chinese missile you were describing and I was about to post 'HA, DEFINITE COPY!'

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
chinawhite, i am not so sure about the YJ-8 buddy.

I'll tell you why :

....the YJ-8 was reported to be related to the French Exocet....nearly identical length and diamete.... and in fact the triple control surfaces of the YJ-8 are rather similar to those found on the U.S. Navy Harpoon missile.

from the same link you quoted in your first post in this page (that i posted on the previous page)

now isi'nt it ironical that China got the Exocet's from France in the 80's (before tianamin tragedy) and also the fact the Pakistan was and is in posession both the Harpoon and the Exocet ???

and it is common knodwledge that Pakistan and China are arms partners and often share technology...like Pakistan gave an F-16 to china to r.e (but in vain) in return for M-11 short range misslie know how.....and China is pakistan's largest defence supplier and how the pakistani nuke bomb is based on a chinese design...and how they both collaborated to make the FC-1 from the Mig's project-33 with russian engines and russian help, etc, etc .....

so somewhere down the line dont you feel that a pakistan that is capable of lending china an F-16 to try and reverse engineer, also gave a few harpoon and exocet's too (that it has much more than F-16's and is far less a thing to give than an F-16) and china r.e'd it to make the YJ-8 ..... and further so because reputed sources FAS and China Defence Today (links to specific articles in perv. page) also point in the same direction ???

Your views ???

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
chinawhite, do you realise that the photo you have posted above shows a pair of Sea Eagles under an RAF Tornado?

At first I thought it was a photo of the chinese missile you were describing and I was about to post 'HA, DEFINITE COPY!'

How can you be soo sure???

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   

i posted the picture to give a comparision.

you think i dont know

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
look at the picture of the missile under the wing of the J-7 - is it me or is there an air intake??
- exorcet`s are rocket missiles - sea eagle uses a turbojet (and thus needs an air intake)

www.fas.org...

www.vectorsite.net...

more info on both sea eagle and exorcet

what is intersting is the `block 3` MM40 - it is reported to use a turbojet engine

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Harlequin]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

How can you be soo sure???

That is a surprisingly difficult question for me to answer, 'how' indeed? It must be my great familiarity with all types of RAF aircraft ever used. I am 100% certain that is a Tornado carrying Sea Eagles.

Chinawhite, its not that I thought you didn't know but you posted some info about the chinese missile and then posted this photo without a single word of explanation. How is anyone supposed to know what you intended to show?

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Here is a picture I've found that you can compare Daedalus, look at the fuselage mid section where the pylons are and the way it tapers in towards the front of the pylon. A distinctive Tornado feature. Also not how the missile is on a pylon attached to another pylon, just the same as in the photo that chinawhaite posted. I Just knew it was a Tornado straight away

[edit on 3-8-2005 by waynos]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Chinawhite, its not that I thought you didn't know but you posted some info about the chinese missile and then posted this photo without a single word of explanation. How is anyone supposed to know what you intended to show?

i couldn't figure out what to write. i didn't want to write the name because it looked like i was prasing the missile(my strange idea)

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Here is a picture I've found that you can compare Daedalus, look at the fuselage mid section where the pylons are and the way it tapers in towards the front of the pylon. A distinctive Tornado feature. Also not how the missile is on a pylon attached to another pylon, just the same as in the photo that chinawhaite posted. I Just knew it was a Tornado straight away

[edit on 3-8-2005 by waynos]

hmm.. I see your point.. And both the drop tanks have red lines too

cool pic.. Lukehurst??
I saw some tornados take off from there when... (this is funny).. I was watching the British Open on ESPN at the Royal & Ancient..

All in all a good day for me that was.. Got to watch JAck Nicklaus play live here for hte last time and saw some fighters too

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
RAF Leuchars and also RAF Lossiemouth are in Scotland

<< 1  2  3   >>

join