It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J-10 has finally been deployed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Actually seekerof, what you have reported might have happened a long time back ...in 2002 ..

check out this article :

Ten J-10 fighter-bombers, were firstly put into service in the Nanjing Military Command, according to the Hong Kong-based Asia Week, December 2, 2002

english.people.com.cn...

There are atleast 6 here ....

[edit on 27-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Russian company to supply aircraft engines to China

The Moscow-based Salyut engineering production enterprise has signed a 900m-dollar contract on delivering about 250 aircraft engines to China in the next six years.

The Salyut press-service told Interfax-Military News Agency on Wednesday that the Russian-Chinese intergovernmental commission on military technical cooperation had recently completed a meeting in Beijing. "For instance, it has coordinated final details of the 900m-dollar contract on delivering 250 AL-31FN aircraft engines, produced by Salyut, to be mounted on the Chinese J-10 light fighter in the next six year," a press-service official said.

The J-10 is a Chinese version of the Israeli Lavi fighter, launched into mass production in 2002.

According to Salyut Director General Yuriy Yeliseyev, in addition to signing the contract on delivering engines for J-10 fighters, the Chinese side has also expressed its interest in procuring upgraded AL-31F engines, manufactured by Salyut for Su-family fighters, for a total of 1.2-1.4bn dollars. The future cooperation is expected to last for the next six years, the press service official said.

www.gateway2russia.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

This guy is flying in a twin seater w/o a co-pilot??!!

Maybe the pilot just forgot about his navigator!!
Sorry.. the "goose" has flown!! ( Top gun pun)

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

enjoy this J-10 fighter model photo revealed by an internal press of the Chinese Aircraft Industry in the early 90's :

thats a model the real plane didn't turn out like that

and here is a picture of the Israeli Lavi :

here is a comparision

[edit on 28-7-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

And moreover the Lavi was Israel's attempt to match/beat the performance of the F-16. They spent 2 billion $ on the project. But they realised that it was no way close to match the performance of the F-16 and scrapped the project in 1987.

And China have slightly modified the Lavi design in the J-10, so that raises serious question marks about its capabilities

the lavi was a better plane that the f-16. but the americans feared competetion in the export market so they put pressure on israel to scrap it and flooded them with cheap F-16s

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
haha you talk about chinese copying. look at indias small achievement

Arjun copy of the leopard 2.(even if this tank is a copy it doesn't live up to the real thing)

The LCA(last chance fighter) had 35% of its development money used to buy foriegn expertise and import equipment. already 70something percent impoted. how indegenious could it be

the mirage had already been in indian serivce and the indians were quite happy with it so they decided to make there own.

and lets not forget their assualt rifels

inidan copy

orinignal gun

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Lets stick to the topic shall we. Enough is enough with the thread hijacking guys.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Indian navy

Dehli Class Destroyer

The Project 15 Delhi class destroyers are the largest warships to be built in India, they are constructed at Mazagon Dockyards in Bombay. While the ship's design is based primarily on the Soviet Kashins, the design also draws from the Godavari and Sovremenny classes.

RUssian Sovremenny

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Lets stick to the topic shall we. Enough is enough with the thread hijacking guys.

you should have stopped stealth maing that ridiculous comment.

if he didn't say anything this wouldn't happen

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This will be my last post on this subject. kindly return to the topic at hand, Mainly the Jl-10.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Note that all of my sources are chinese sources.

no its not. sinodefence is not chinese

go ask him.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
this is my opinion.

the j-10 is going to be a stepping stone to a more advanced plane(J-xx). the new plane will most likey be a F-22 style plane.

the J-10 would be a good choice to replace the hordes of out-dated planes in chinas airforce.mainly the J-6s and some un-upgraded J-7s.

this plane will be in front-line service well into the 21th centuray. stationed near the taiwan strait or indian border(which is rumoured to have aready recieved a X amount of planes)

these planes are better than the su-30s china is recieving from russia. can carry a 4000kg payload not including 3 fuel tanks

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
this is my opinion.

these planes are better than the su-30s china is recieving from russia. can carry a 4000kg payload not including 3 fuel tanks

That I strongly contest..
A B-52 can carry more than the Su-30.. It doesn't mean that its better..
How would a J-10 pair off against a Su-30?
Yet to be seen..

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

That I strongly contest..
A B-52 can carry more than the Su-30.. It doesn't mean that its better..
How would a J-10 pair off against a Su-30?
Yet to be seen..

? i never said bombload. what are you on about?

in a chinese article states the J-10 bet the Su-27 in close in fighting. has a more advanced radar and better fly-by-wire equpment.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
J-10 bettter than a Sukhoi-30

LCA is a copy of the mirage
lol:
...the tenth time you have said that and this time i'll just give you a reference to my previous post debunking your ignorant claim ... www.abovetopsecret.com...&singlepost=1546216

Arjun is a copy of the leo2
..why leo2..why not challenger or M1A2

And, Yes the INSAS looks like the AK-47, form the outside but its the inside that counts and is very different to the 47 in its inside; the INSAS is far better than the AK-47; go read it from the same link that you got that pic from >> world.guns.ru...

and since you visited that site did'nt u check out the Chinese guns >> world.guns.ru... and world.guns.ru... and world.guns.ru... ????...why not post about them as well ???

And the destroyer is not a copy of the Russian one...but only has the same layout as Russian destroyers as it was considered to be a good layout to put things in different loactions on the ship, like the gun, radar, SAM system,etc .... nobody copies ships....it is silly to think so.

And this is not a thread on Indian weaponry, its about the J-10

I wont give detailed reply to those because the mod has alredy given a warning, but if you want to discuss it, then do so in a dedicated thread.

Again chinawhite, try staying on aircraft in the topic, and if you want to debate other things put it in a dedicated thread.. and i'll be glad to reply to that one ...but dont bring them up in wrong threads
...you seem to be trying to cover up things by making up propoganda, eh ??? ...nice tactic...but sorry to say it did'nt work ..... congrats on a vain attempt to hijack the thread

and i reiterate that i have never called the J-10 a copy of the Lavi on this thread, but have merely stated the fact that it is based on the same...and have always said that the J-10 is a good airplane.

Anyway getting back (un-hijacking the thread)here is look at the J-10's cockpit :

looks very futuristic

and another (?)

here is a large sized line drawing on the J-10's cockpit

click here

It is also speculated that there is a stelthy variant of the J-10 in the concept stage :

and a 2 seater version of the J-10 called the J-10B also exists :

The first flight of the J-10B (2 seater) prototype took place on December 26, 2003. In addition to being a trainer for J-10A pilots, J-10B is likely to be converted into an attack aircraft or EW/Wild Weasel anti-radiation aircraft.
This version features a stretched forward fuselage and a bubble canopy which can be opened as a single piece. An excellent 360° outside view in the rear cockpit is achieved. Its dorsal spine appears to have been enlarged to accommodate electronics displaced by the rear cockpit.

And here is a GREAT CGI of the J-10
>> view great CGI

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
ok whatever. i give up dont post anything about copying again

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
EDIT : Wrong pic(cockpit of wrong aircraft) removed, here's what is claimed to be the J-10's cockpit

details of its cockpit :

The J-10's cockpit is fitted with three flat-panel liquid crystal multifunction displays (MFDs), including one colour MFD, wide field-of-view head-up display (HUD), and possibly helmet-mounted sight (HMS). It is not know whether the HMS is the basic Ukrainian Arsenel HMS copied by China's Luoyang Avionics, or a new helmet display featured briefly at the 2000 Zhuhai air show.

www.sinodefence.com...

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
thats a FC-1 cockpit. it says in the picture

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

EDIT : Wrong pic(cockpit of wrong aircraft) removed, here's what is claimed to be the J-10's cockpit

www.centurychina.com...

No! That's a Lavi cockpit!
images.google.ca...

I don't think any credible photos of the J-10 cockpit has been released. And the pic where the guy was testing it is probably from a mockup cockpit. Mockup cockpits can look very different compared to the real thing, just look at the FC-1

FC-1 mockup
FC-1 cockpit (or so the caption says)

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Correct me if I'am wrong but isn't this thread allready posted...?

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread121023/pg1

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join