It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Tapping aka "the girl in my avatar"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is a topic for all those who have U2U me and said how much they like my avatar.

First some pics:

Now for some information about her

Height
5' 9" (1.75 m)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mini biography
Amanda Tapping was born in Rochford, Essex in England o­n August 28, 1965. She spent a short time in South Benfleet, Essex, and was relocated to Ontario, Canada, at the age of 3. She attended North Toronto High School where she was awarded the Dramatic Arts Award and Environmental Science Award. Her parents always wanted her to go into the science field, but her first love was acting. Amanda studied drama at the University of Windsor School of Dramatic Arts in Windsor, Ontario. After graduation, she spent four more years studying theater and appearing in several stage productions. She has appeared in many movies and television shows such as Booty Call (1997), Life or Something Like It (2002), Rent-a-Kid (1995) (TV), "The Outer Limits" (1995) and "The X Files" (1993), however, her real success that seemed to launch her career came in 1997 with the start of the TV series "Stargate SG-1" (1997) where she plays Colonel Samantha Carter.

She has three brothers, one of which is her twin. She has a dog named Abbie. On September 23, 1994 she married Alan Kovacs.

Actress - filmography
(In Production) (2000s) (1990s)

Stargate SG-1: The Alliance (2005) (VG) (filming) (voice) .... Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter

"Legend of Earthsea" (2004) (mini) TV Series .... Lady Elfarren
"Traffic" (2004) (mini) TV Series .... Home Owner's Wife
... aka Traffic: The Miniseries (USA: promotional title)
Life or Something Like It (2002) .... Carrie Maddox
Stuck (2002/I) .... Liz
The Void (2001) (V) .... Prof. Eva Soderstrom
Blacktop (2000) .... Waitress
... aka Route de la peur, La (Canada: French title)

"Stargate SG-1" (1997) TV Series .... Samantha "Sam" Carter
Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods (1997) (TV) .... Capt. Samantha 'Sam' Carter
Booty Call (1997) .... Dr. Moore
What Kind of Mother Are You? (1996) .... Ingrid Elstad
Remembrance (1996) (TV) .... Linda
... aka Danielle Steel's 'Remembrance'
Golden Will: The Silken Laumann Story (1996) (TV) .... Kathryn Laumann
The Haunting of Lisa (1996) (TV) .... Gina/Angel
... aka Prémonitions de Lisa, Les (Canada: French title)
"Flash Forward" (1996) TV Series .... Miss Yansouni
Rent-a-Kid (1995) (TV) .... Mrs. Nicely
"Degree of Guilt" (1995) (mini) TV Series .... Marcy
The Donor (1995) .... Cassie
... aka The Doner (USA: video title)
... aka The Donor (USA)
Net Worth (1995) (TV) .... Colleen Howe

Filmography as: Actress, Director, Herself, Archive Footage, Notable TV Guest Appearances

Director - filmography

"Stargate SG-1" (1997) TV Series (episode 7.19 "Resurrection")

Filmography as: Actress, Director, Herself, Archive Footage, Notable TV Guest Appearances

Herself - filmography

"Proof Positive: Evidence of the Paranormal" (2004) TV Series .... Host
From Stargate to Atlantis: Sci Fi Lowdown (2004) (TV) .... Herself/Samantha Carter
1st Annual Spaceys (2003) (TV) .... Herself

Archive Footage

Sci Fi Lowdown: Behind the Stargate - Secrets Revealed (2005) (TV) .... Herself/Samantha Carter
Stargate: The Lowdown (2003) (TV) .... Herself/Samantha 'Sam' Carter, Ph.D.

Notable TV Guest Appearances

"Stargate: Atlantis" playing "Lieutenant Colonel Samantha 'Sam' Carter USAF" in episode: "Letters from Pegasus" (episode # 1.17) 4 March 2005
"Millennium" playing "Dr. Cantor" in episode: "Borrowed Time" (episode # 3.10) 15 January 1999
"The Outer Limits" playing "Cmdr. Kate Girard" in episode: "The Joining" (episode # 4.13) 17 April 1998
"The X Files" playing "Carina Sayles" in episode: "Avatar" (episode # 3.21) 26 April 1996
"Kung Fu: The Legend Continues" playing "Annie" in episode: "Shaolin Shot" (episode # 4.6) 22 April 1996
"Due South" playing "Audrey McKenna" in episode: "Starman" (episode # 2.10) 22 February 1996
"Goosebumps" playing "Mrs. Merton" in episode: "It Came from Beneath the Sink" (episode # 1.14) 2 February 1996
"The Newsroom" playing "Lindsay Ward" in episode: "Dinner at Eight" (episode # 1.2) 1996
"Forever Knight" playing "Dr. Naomi Ross" in episode: "Near Death" (episode # 2.23) 8 July 1995
"Kung Fu: The Legend Continues" playing "McIllroy's Girlfriend" in episode: "An Ancient Lottery" (episode # 2.4) 14 February 1994
"Street Legal" playing "Newscaster" in episode: "The Harley" (episode # 6.2) 1991

----------------------------------------------------------------------
All info from www.imdb.com...

I hope you have enjoyed my little presentation.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
I hope you have enjoyed my little presentation.

This thread is going to make TC's day (or ruin his monitor).

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Lol. Maybe I have a different screen resolution because the pics don't take up much of my screen.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
This thread is going to make TC's day (or ruin his monitor).

This thread and a six-pack and TC has a whole night.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thank you very muc, Jetsetter.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to retrieve a six-pack

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
She is hot, just as long as she isn't playing some military diesel bull.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wait no nudey pics. RIP-off. What kind of sic person are you putting up hot pics like that without a NO NUDITY warning. Tsk tsk tsk

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This destroyed my bandwidth more than my monitor.

I'm a big fan of Amanda Tapping myself!!!

join