It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever feel... alone???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just recently found this website, I don't even remember exactly how, but I'm very glad I did. Ever since I was a teenager I (as most teens) questioned authority, rebelled, and wasn't afraid to face the consequences if I felt what I was doing was the right thing. I wasn't the kind to senselessly break the law or cause trouble for no reason, but I did get into numerous arguments with authority figures. My parents thought I would grow out of it... but now I'm nearly 22 and have yet to lose that ever-persistent voice that tells me to always analyze and question what I'm told.

A lot of us are on this site because we have a thirst for knowledge that transcends what the media and our government tells us. We know that facts are skewed. We know that the truth is the light... Like Fox Mulder a lot of us pursue the truth with an almost insane passion, in some kind of personal crusade. We don't dismiss anything as impossible. I look around at friends and family. I talk to most of them about the things I read, the things I hear, the things I know to be true... and it sickens me how people dismiss and ignore obvious truths and how they buy into obvious lies. Some of the people I speak with have even said something to the effect of "Who cares if the president lies to the world, as long as he gets the job done." Are these people insane? Some people just don't care. It kills me... It kills me how my own family and friends just can't have a clue about what's going on. I have a select few friends that I talk to about these things and we have a common understanding but sometimes I just feel so alone... Almost like I'm the only sane one and I'm surrounded by crazy and delusional people! Could it be the other way around? Are these people sane, is that how things should be? Does anyone else feel like they are alone or simply just crazy, or that the rest of the country is just looney? I don't understand. Help!

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Of course we feel alone, thats why were here, only place where we can find fellow tin heads to discuss things with that our friends, family and neighbors think we should be locked up in a white room for.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i always feel alone, i dunno way. I don't trust no one and i just keep to myself.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You don't ever have to feel that way here. You are most definitely not alone. I feel exactly the way you do sometimes.

But the thing is, sometimes ignorance is bliss. People don't want to know that the NWO is coming to power or aliens are coming to Earth. They feel that if they ignore it, it will go away. The best thing you can do is to be like Mulder. To keep fighting no matter what people think of you. The other agents always pick on Mulder for his beliefs but he doesn't care. He learned to ignore them and not let them stop him.

How is that for a cliche? But it's the best I can do. You need someone like Seekerof for a topic like this.

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by maynardsthirdeye]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Right now I feel very much alone, which I havent done for a while.

Someone I've known for years died this morning (heart-attack) so you must know how I am feeling right now if you have ever lost someone.

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackwidow666
Right now I feel very much alone, which I havent done for a while.

Someone I've known for years died this morning (heart-attack) so you must know how I am feeling right now if you have ever lost someone.

blackwidow

blackwidow666, my heart goes out to you and im sorry about your lost

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yes. I'm alone. I feel like a freak in a mainstream, ignorant world full of drones that want me to join them constantly. Sometimes I wish I was ignorant. Ignorant people are happy.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It is pathetic, but "yes" I feel very much alone.

Sorry to hear about your lost blackwidow666.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Ignorant people are happy.

ATS...... deny happiness?

Nah. I am happier than any ignoramuses I ever met.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hmmmm....
Although this is slightly off topic....

Don't forget you could be just in the typical Adolescent existential angst period (slightly extended) for which such programs as Roswell, that young superman series, and one other with a bunch of guys by a lake (starting with D?), were created for. (TV producer thinks ... lets milk this period where "needing to be needed" "group identity" and "what is my meaning in life" are the big issues, for as many series as we can)

You are not alone in being alone. There are tons of people out there feeling just as alone as you so your aloneness is shared by other people who are alone.

All you are missing is your peer group to which you belong. The best way to deal with it is to turn your aloneness into a strength. (People thought that bill gates was a stupid nerd because he always was playing with computers in his garage.)

Get self motivated and work out your interests and then you will find people coming to you and wanting to be part of your peer group.

Otherwise get an interest in shopping, cars, cell phones, and television.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
yesss most of us here are alone enuff,even in this high
advanced world in here(ATS forum)we do gather together,
alone enuff
insane of all
here we joint together to release free our mind and breakthrought all barrier all wall all blackcloud all iron curtain
all secretcy all fantasy and after all then our soul will say
to ANGEL,EVIL,ANIMAL SPIRIT let us see whose more toughfer in this mad world even to hereafter.
and i says ohhhs my god in this ATS forum more insane way of exploration of human future history and on it way to mount to heaven to get you there with all knowledge we will defends our self as a human

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
~You shouldn't feel alone Sanders. You're talkin' to family here!
But I do hear what your sayin'. It's like mainstream music[britney gears, justin timberwood]. If you don't listen to such crap, then your considered an outsider by the fallowers of such therefore giving you the impression that you're alone and your not pullin your weight with the rest of the sheep.

~Regards, Jeff.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Don't forget you could be just in the typical Adolescent existential angst period (slightly extended)

Netchicken presents as a master of understatement, except in his military persona/s.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I felt 'lucky' and decided to click. This is where it brought me.

At times I dwell on thoughts of corruption and lies, which is why I frequent ATS, but I certainly do not feel alone. Don't let the current state of the world break your spirit. Keep on truckin'.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Of course we feel alone, thats why were here, only place where we can find fellow tin heads to discuss things with that our friends, family and neighbors think we should be locked up in a white room for.

LOL
. I dont feel alone

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I never felt alone in the sense you mean. Different, yes, but not truly alone. I didn't need many people in the first place although I was able to fit in relatively well.

We see what the general public don't and try to open their eyes. If we can, thats fine. If not - well, at least we tried.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In a kind of average normal way I'm in no way a lone I have loads of friends who I can talk to anything about even though soemtimes htey think I go a little too far. But truly deep down I feel totally different, alone and misunderstood. I often find it hard to even communicate with people normally because they just don't understand the what I try to say. So yes I do feel alone, if by alone you mean without people around you who feel the same as you.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanders
Does anyone else feel like they are alone or simply just crazy, or that the rest of the country is just looney? I don't understand. Help!

I use to think that I was 'off', but then I realized that it really isn't me that's off. Alone...some people just feel that way. Alone from family or friends or this forum or the world. I feel alone even with my girlfriend and close friends sometimes. That is actually her biggest complaint about me; that we could be having a conversation and even though I am talking, I am just not present. I am acting out the movements that seem appropriate out of reflex and not cognition, but I am just not there anymore, I'm somewhere else. Sorry to be clich� but it is only really compareble to a Matrix type reality being that I do not have much faith in the validity of this one. As long as you can deal with it, being one of those type people is not a negative as many see the word 'alone'.

top topics

join