It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing a Fan Fiction....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
And wondered when I was done if it would be ok to post it on here? It is a Harry Potter Fan Fiction, and I have read about half a dozen of them and finally got the writing bug in me. And all the good ones anyways have a disclaimer that it is a Fan Fiction, J.K. Rowling has nothing to do with it, it is for free, not for sale, copyrights and so forth.

But the shortest read was over 300 pages, and not sure if it would be worth posting mine on here if it got to that length, if not longer cause I got one on here over 700 pages, very good, easily the best one I read.

Is it against ATS:CF rules or anything? With the whole publisher rights or something. But if I, like the others, put a disclaimer on it and so forth, would it be alright?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
sorry James, but I don't believe Fan Fiction belongs here on ATS. I will however still bring this to admin attention for you. I still think legally copyright issues would play a part in this.

6.) You will not post any copyrighted material, material belonging to another person, nor link to any copyrighted material (with the exception of publicly available sites and pages that the legal owners of the copyrights have created to make that material freely available to the general public), unless that copyright is owned by you or by this website. You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive my advance permission). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thats what I figured, why I decided to ask first. Although like I said the good ones I have read had disclaimers on them, not for sale, not approved by J.K. Rowling, so forth. Thanks, oh well, still gonna write it cause it is in my head and won't go away.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
definitely write it james, while it may not be suited for here, i'm sure you can find a home somewhere on the net for it. I'll let you know any response from admin on this when I recieve it.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, now that I am writing, kinda going better then I thought it would. Writing a Fake #5 so Order and Half-Blood never happened. Making it better then the real #5 cause well, in that they were still in "Happy Happy Joy Joy Kiddie Land" until the very end. Sure in #6 it became dark, more adult, but #5 was as if they were still 11 or 12, not 15.

Harry Potter and the Dark Messenger

Got Chapter One done and working on Chapter 2. At Font 12 it is only 11 pages, but will add more to earlier chapters as I type and think of more things.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Alright, never mind now, been moved to Literature. I have been writting and now that I think about it, if not on ATS can have things now that I want. A new spell based off of Krillin's Destructo Disk from DBZ decapitating Ron, blood everywhere, gore, violence, stuff to bloody for ATS rules. In case no one knew I hate Ron, planning on killing him so there is no doubt he is dead. Made up spell is Distro Dis(Pronounced Dee-stro Dice)

Well, 5 chapters done, but not sure of page length as I re-read what I wrote and edit it. I add some, I take some, I make a sentence have more substance, I take away a scene, having alot of fun.

But trying to keep it as real as possible. Like Hermione's b-day is in September so her birthstone is a Sapphire. Or a tip when at a restaurant, names of people, inside information that no one cares about, stuff like that.

But also going to add things that I think deserve to be in the real series. Like Hermione says no one can Apparate inside of Hogwarts, yet that is how the House Elves move around inside the castle, so obviously you can Apparate somehow...(Realized in the book) Or SPEW, how does that work? The House Elves do the students laundry all the time, so picking up clothes is no problem, and Hermione is not their master, Dumbledore is, so why is she leaving clothes out for them?!?!?!?!?(Also realized in the book) Or how come there hasn't been a female Defense Teacher until year 5? But I am doing my first book as though #5 never happened so Umbridge never had the job. Or no transfer students, ever. What house would they be in? And I don't mean from another school like in #4, I mean students who move to England but aren't in their first year or whatever. Does the hat sort them out or do the teachers choose?

Anyways, waiting for legalese from worldwatcher, but I might not post all of it cause like I said it's going to be gorey. And my next one with them older, thinking about what I did when I was 15/16.....

[edit on 29-7-2005 by James the Lesser]

new topics

top topics

join