It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know what’s REALLY going on in Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You MUST read this blog. It’s a blog with daily updates by a man named Michael Yon, a journalist traveling in Iraq and not holed up in a hotel in the green zone. This guy goes along on raids and patrols each and every day without fear.

You want to know exactly what the word is on the street in Iraq? The good, the bad, and the ugly? Then read on.

You, me, and the vast majority of people on these boards speculate based on what we see and hear from media sources. This guy knows from actually being there, on the ground and in danger.

A snippet:

“….Many of the "fighters" here emerged and filled the vacuum following the fall of Saddam. In Tombstone, they'd be guns for hire; in Bogotá, they'd be kidnappers without a cause. Here, they do not equate so much to organized resistance as to organized crime.

They get lumped in with the "resistance," but this is not entirely accurate. They do business with it, and they exploit it for personal gains like money, possessions and power. Today, the terrorists and their more populous criminal cousins in Iraq have a great deal in common, including the goal of forcing the new government to fail in its mission to secure the borders and restore and maintain order.

The terrorists have been trying to--with good success--cripple the macro-economy by destroying pipelines and infrastructure, and these attacks help the criminals. Attacks on gas stations, for instance, disaffect the citizenry from the government, while giving black-marketers transient fuel monopolies…”

There are many articles there and it’s updated daily. I find this man to be my most informative source of the war In Iraq. And this is not an advertisement.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thanks very much for the link - very interesting reading.

-Keeval-

join