It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real info on Area 51

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think you're getting a bit paranoid here.

I don't see any blue ball, I just see the Firefox symbol because I use Firefox.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kamikazi
This thing:

Is on this site now: www.nv.doe.gov...

But it is also right here on the forum: www.abovetopsecret.com...
See it there in the Introductions.

probably just a coinencidence, but who knows. Maybe they didnt like the fact that I posted a bunch of stuff off of their site to this forum.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Kamikazi]

No, the image in question is not on the page you are saying. Could you take a screenshot? Its not there.....

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
oh no wonder, nevermind all this, it's because they were reduing their site, it's completely different know, it actually looks alot better than it did before. I use Firefox to, but im new to it. I guess that explains it. sorry for over reacting.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kamikazi
Have you all ever wondered what the hell Area 51 is and what they do out there, and ever wanted to see close up pictures of the place.

Well here ya go:

Things I KNOW are fact about 51:

1) built in 51 for contracter testing. Who won the bid? Who made money off their stock? Those are some questions worth asking.

2) Even the majority of personnel at area 51 are told to go indoors, into rooms without windows for up to hours at a time, while things go on outside that area 51 personnel are not even privy to.

3) area 51 is mostly used for advanced tech and X series aircraft.

4) They have firefighters.

5) there are buildings, and a long runway.

These are the only things I accept as pure truth, concerning area 51.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the link... It might get useful, However you should always be critical against new web-pages...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

2) Even the majority of personnel at area 51 are told
to go indoors, into rooms without windows for up to
hours at a time, while things go on outside that
area 51 personnel are not even privy to.

How would you know that?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

1) built in 51 for contracter testing. Who won the bid? Who made money off their stock? Those are some questions worth asking.

Built in '51?

Groom Lake was historically first "impressioned" in the early 1940s when runways were scraped into the desert bed east of Groom Lake. These runways were used for trainers based out of Nellis but soon after abandoned.

It wasn't until April 1955 when a Lockheed test pilot named Tony LeVier began searching for a remote location to test the U-2. Along with CIA interaction, work began on turning Groom Lake into a testing facility under the supervision of Lockheed and the infamous Skunk Works program.

2) Even the majority of personnel at area 51 are told to go indoors, into rooms without windows for up to hours at a time, while things go on outside that area 51 personnel are not even privy to.

This is obviously a rumour that you have taken as fact. The number of information sources claiming to have worked at Area 51 can be counted on one hand that hold any small ounce of reliability.

This is taken as granted due to it's known history, but there is always acceptance based on third-part info and word of mouth. For all we know the tinfoil squad could be right and it's an alien base....

There is also a mess hall, games room, baseball diamond and cafeteria.

This is the only thing we know 100% about the place and should be accepted as pure truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Built in '51?

Groom Lake was historically first "impressioned" in the early 1940s when runways were scraped into the desert bed east of Groom Lake. These runways were used for trainers based out of Nellis but soon after abandoned.

It wasn't until April 1955 when a Lockheed test pilot named Tony LeVier began searching for a remote location to test the U-2. Along with CIA interaction, work began on turning Groom Lake into a testing facility under the supervision of Lockheed and the infamous Skunk Works program.

I stand (OK, I'm sitting) corrected. I was told it took 4 years to bring the flightline and buildings into a workable "base". I knew about the 1955 chain of events, but I believe the bids for a government contract were completed long before 1955. I just assumed the area started getting built up four years prior to 1955. My point is I did not intentionally lie, sorry if my interpretations of the same information

This is obviously a rumour that you have taken as fact. The number of information sources claiming to have worked at Area 51 can be counted on one hand that hold any small ounce of reliability.

No, it's fact. The rumours I hear are from people who work there. Been here myself since January 1999.

This is taken as granted due to it's known history, but there is always acceptance based on third-part info and word of mouth. For all we know the tinfoil squad could be right and it's an alien base....
First party sources.

There is also a mess hall, games room, baseball diamond and cafeteria.
But, they are not the ones I talk to. I was elluding to the fact that the firefighters who work up there are also co-workers, ex-co-workers, and friends. ...... have to spell this out to you? So much for being subtle.

This is the only thing we know 100% about the place and should be accepted as pure truth.

Well, no, that's all you (not me) can accept as pure truth. I have reliable information, from people whom I trust. But, thanks for the 1940 info.

Have a GREAT day!

[edit on 08/12/71 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I've decided to edit the content of this post to simply show that I've chosen to edit the content of this post.

[edit on 08/12/71 by Esoteric Teacher]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join