It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How and Why HIV Keeps Spreading

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I watched an HBO documentary on "Chasing the bug." I was shocked to find out that there are gay men that are to et themselves infected. I watched it with a friend of mine, and he was just as appalled.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
In a recent stunner, the source of the rapid onset, drug resistant case of super-aids in NYC was confirmed. The NY man had particpated in 'drunk orgy' (thats how the newspaper described it) with two gay men from out of state. They knew that they were HIV positive. They informed this other guy of it. He agreed to participate anyway. They are reportedly mortified that he didn't alread have it and now does.
Good. They should be. They've killed this guy. And he's killed himself.

Its assinine and dangerous for people with STDs to spread it, even if the person they are spreading it too already has it. THese diseases are populations of evolving living organisms! The virulence is affected by transmission rates! These two men who had it had the super-strain, they just happened to not be affected by the 'super' characteristics (but they're still going to die from AIDs and are HIV positive).

One person that has AIDS has a completely different set up than antoher person that has it. SPreading it to each other completely changes both those setups, which previously could be looslely controlled.

Its ludicrous to think about it, but in addition to informing the non-infected population about what they have to do to not get infected (real hard, use a condom properly :@@
, the already infected population has to be educated so as to stop spreading the virus amoung themselves!

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's scary how AIDS is basically unique in every person, and that one cure may not be a cure for anyone else. For this reason, I don't see a general cure for a very long time, and the population of people HIV positive will just continue to skyrocket.

Supra, some sort of ID would be a great idea, but I doubt it would fly with many people. What I see in the near future is a miniturized, portable, and relatively painless HIV test that you can take along with your sexual partner if you happen to be total strangers. I heard rumors of a device like this being developed, but I'm not sure how far along it is right now.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zhangmaster
What I see in the near future is a miniturized, portable, and relatively painless HIV test that you can take along with your sexual partner if you happen to be total strangers. I heard rumors of a device like this being developed, but I'm not sure how far along it is right now.

It takes 3 days for results, but you can buy it now.

HIV Home Test Kit

Interesting note. Did you know that HIV (all variants) are copyrighted? So when the virus is created, for test purposes...the company creating has to pay the company that owns the rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join