It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS it Just me??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I recently updated mty AOL to 9.0 Opimized (the security edition) and now on both BTS and ATS the Member Control Panel Buttons (such as "my ATS") are now just red 'x'es. So are the Links to BTS, ATS PTS, and the like? Is it me, or is there an error with the site??? Help!!!

Thanks,

Joe

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
No problems here, try deleting the history, cookies etc...

(or get a real browser:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It's most likely something with AOL. I see them perfectly (I dont use AOL and neither should you
). You should contact AOL and see what's up.

As far as I know, you SHOULDN'T have any problems with the icons... but hey, AOL has a plethora of problems with various things on the Internet.

Unless SO or someone can confirm the reasoning why, I'd contact AOL... because to ME... that's an inconvienience.

EDIT: or you can get another browser as said above -

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 7/26/05 by prophetmike]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
my suggestion:

AOL sucks (well, the dial-up version) so get:

www.optimumonline.com...

and use internet explorer or firefox...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It may have something to do with the way your firewall is set, or AOL security settings may interfere with you seeing some things. Contact them, they should be able to give you some suggestions for fixing it.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
my suggestion:

AOL sucks (well, the dial-up version) so get:

www.optimumonline.com...

I second that as I use Optimum Online was well, but remember Cablevision isn't everywhere... so Optimum may not be in your area... I'd go with Verizon or Cox as 2nd and 3rd choices, respectively... and Comcast as 4th.

Check around for what's in your area... anything IMO is better than AOL... and I know.. I used AOL from version 3 till 8.. then switched to NetZero... then I got cable finally last July with Optimum and haven't looked back once.

NetZero is really good for dial-up.. which if you have, I recommend. (Especially their HiSpeed G3 Dial-up service)

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Every body seems to have problems with AOL its the same story. Why does it keep messing up? Too many people on it at once or just bad software. What's the reason or do people just move on when they get fed up. Maybe some areas are more affected etc...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
AOL jokes.

Click 'To the Main Page' for the whole index. Here's a sample...

AOL. You all know it. Some of you love it. Others hate it. But, you gotta admit, there are plenty of reasons to keep it, no matter what your more experienced internet/online friends say.

Busy signals? No problem, I'm not alone, there are 10 Million other people also waiting to log on.
Doesn't America Online own the Internet?
It came with my Windows, if I get rid of it, won't Windows stop working?
They erase all of my mail every month, just when I'm about done reading it.
They must be good, I saw an ad on a bus.
I know they must be good because it takes me an hour to get through to tech support
If they're raising the prices, then it must be getting better - Right?
What else am I supposed to do with all of those free disks and CDs they send me?
What else is there?
Where else can I chat with a 52-year-old man named Bubbles, in Germany?

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
I recently updated mty AOL to 9.0 Opimized (the security edition) and now on both BTS and ATS the Member Control Panel Buttons (such as "my ATS") are now just red 'x'es. So are the Links to BTS, ATS PTS, and the like? Is it me, or is there an error with the site??? Help!!!

Thanks,

Wait wait..... you use AOL? Tsk Tsk.

Anyways It's most likely your browser. Here do yourself a favor and download Mozilla Firefox, you'll never use another browser again.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
All you guys telling him to download a new browser but he can't cuz he has AOL. He would have to get a new internet provider cuz AOL uses it's own browser.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9890
All you guys telling him to download a new browser but he can't cuz he has AOL. He would have to get a new internet provider cuz AOL uses it's own browser.

You can still use another browser. You just have to use AOL to connect, then minimize or hide it, and then open another browser.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I've had AOL for something in the area of a decade now.

One of the things I've learned from that experience is do not waste your time browsing websites from AOL's internal browser.

If you have to sign on with AOL dialup fine, do that for the connection.

But once you're on, minimize it, open up IE or whatever else, and view sites through there.

Things don't display right in AOL's internal one for a whole bunch of reasons. Stay away from it.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

You can still use another browser. You just have to use AOL to connect, then minimize or hide it, and then open another browser.

I never knew that. Well I guess you can just fisregard that last post. I've never tried that before when I did have AOL but now I'm running on Charter cable

new topics

top topics

join