It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Tried to Poison the U.S. Cocaine Supply

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CatHerder

Regarding the heroin question somebody else had: prior to the invasion of Afghanistan, opium was the number one export (which heroin is made from). More income came from opium than from all other export items including oil. After the invasion, Afghanistan remains the worlds largest exporter of opium, and it still outpaces all other exports by 5 or more times. ( source1, source2, source3, source4 )

Nice finds there CatHerder
. Funny......who are the occupying forces of Afghanistan?? coughCoughUKcoughUSCoughCcough

Why don't the occupying forces just bomb or pollute the poppy fields?
Then a big chunk of Terrorist funding are gone.

So simple isn't it.

~Peace
~

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
Why don't the occupying forces just bomb or pollute the poppy fields?
Then a big chunk of Terrorist funding are gone.

So simple isn't it.

~Peace
~

blow it up, and the Afghans who depend on a source of income to continue to live in a harsh place, will grow another crop of opium. simple isnt it? for the Afghans.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
blow it up, and the Afghans who depend on a source of income to continue to live in a harsh place, will grow another crop of opium. simple isnt it? for the Afghans.

Why don't they grow hemp.

Food,
Oil,
Clothing,
Plastics,
Fibre,
fuel
The list continues...........

But then again its not the normal average afghanistan person who reaps the profits its the Terrorist cells that use the money to buy bomb making material who then bomb innocents.

Opium cultivation grew to 131,000 hectares (324,000 acres) from 80,000 hectares in 2003, it said. Opium, which is used to make heroin, saw its export value rise 22 percent from a year earlier. Profit for Afghan drug traffickers jumped 69 percent to $2.2 billion.

Is this right, a 69% increase since an invasion??? hmmmm.......

~Peace
~

[edit on 26/7/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas

Food,
Oil,
Clothing,
Plastics,
Fibre,
fuel
The list continues...........

But then again its not the normal average afghanistan person who reaps the profits its the Terrorist cells that use the money to buy bomb making material who then bomb innocents.

Afghanistan is not like the U.S. with vast resources and vast people resources with good education and skills. Afghanistan has a long way to go to able to recover even to the point of stability.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This bugs me...

first off... Souljah is right... this stinks to suspicion heaven...

the war on terror and the war on drugs have joined hands...

"terrorists" will poison the drug supply, to kill off american addicts...
once again... aint it wierd how every move AQ makes seems to benefit the American government...

now if the US wants to spray harmful chemicals on the coc aine crops in columbia, and the product kills americans, then it was those "terrorists" that did it...

(same thing was done with herbicide and marijuana... but was stopped in many states becuase dealers would harvest and sell the sprayed crop before it turned red, and spoiled... the poisoned weed harmed smokers)

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by keybored
Do we now become suspicious of all imports? Coffee would make the ideal target... I guess there are any number of imported goods that could be weaponized...

But only illegal drugs are sold via the unregulated black market.

Well that would have crippled Wall Street and decimated boardrooms across the world, not to mention the music industry

Funny that I would will not be surprise if the "causalties" would have been in the goverment ranks

OMG thats funny. And it would also have the propaganda value for the jihadists of being able to say 'we poisoned an evil sinful drug, and look at how many died! Even people that we've been told to admire were disgusting weaklings, drug addicts. The west is decadent and immoral, there's the proof, don't give in to westernization and modernization'.

Hunting Veritas
Soooooo other than Fox news, who else reported this story?

Well, the article portion quoted notes that its from the Post, not fox news.

Because opium is a hell of a lot more addictive and therefore sells for a lot more than hemp?

blow it up, and the Afghans who depend on a source of income to continue to live in a harsh place, will grow another crop of opium. simple isnt it? for the Afghans

There's actually a type of plant fungus that will destroy the crop, remain in the ground, and prevent any more opium poppies from growing. But if you do that you destroy the afghan economy, some would say.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Regarding the heroin question somebody else had: prior to the invasion of Afghanistan, opium was the number one export (which heroin is made from). More income came from opium than from all other export items including oil. After the invasion, Afghanistan remains the worlds largest exporter of opium, and it still outpaces all other exports by 5 or more times. ( source1, source2, source3, source4 )

Thank you for those links Catherder, those facts are exactly why I mentioned the Afghani opium connection. I find it rather odd that someone as hunted as OBL would risk the journey to South America and then proceed to tell the druglords his master plan. More over i find it hard to believe a drug lord would have a conscience and deny OBL the shipment.

I've always been a strong believer in the theory that the money path leads to the truth. As someone else had stated the United States is currently the occupational force in Afghanistan, a country who's major expot has been opium and terrorists. I find it odd that Bin Laden would come out of hiding to poison our coc aine (as I personally believe there is strong evidence that he is dead already). Perhaps this was a financial move by the US government to increase demand for US imported Afghani opium in an effort to pay part of the bill for the futile war in Afghanistan. There has been much evidence to suggest that the US has it's hand in much of the South American drug importation, however they must still deal with the powerful druglords who run those countries. In Afghanistan the US controls the entire opium production market and therefor can reap 100% of the profits. I would think the biggest competitor of Afghani opium would be Columbian Cocaine

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

now if the US wants to spray harmful chemicals on the coc aine crops in columbia, and the product kills americans, then it was those "terrorists" that did it...

the U.S. is to destroy the crops where it is growing. where Osama wants to "poison" which is to contaminate the coc aine, so that wen it is delivered to American consumers, well u know wat happens after that.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This wreaks of mindless propaganda. Sad thing is the number of people who do not realize it.

First off as someone else mentioned Heroine production is on the rise in Afghanistan since we invaded, one little ignored fact is that in the same time period Heroin has replaced coc aines popularity (as far as consumption rates, teen use, and overdoses go)

That being the case, if this "bin laden" really wanted to affect people why would he not poison the heroin supply? He has access to it, and it's use is currently more popular than coc aine. Would that not make more sense?

No instead the man "behind" the largest opium producing region in the world goes halfway across the globe to contaminate a completely different drug supply?

Sure

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
COLD AND HARD .. but I don't care.
If this story is true .. it gets a 'whatever' from me.

If UBL wants to kill off coke heads, it's no big loss for America.
If it's our government doing it and blaming it on UBL .... I give it
an 'oh well'. Cold, but that's what I think.

If UBL does this, he'll tick off the drug lords who rely on that income
and he will have made enemies with the drug kingpins. Hey, perhaps
THEY will have a better time finding UBL then we have!

I wonder if it did happen how many in congress and in the senate would
fall over dead from ingesting poisoned coke? More than a few I'd be
willing to bet.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

First off as someone else mentioned Heroine production is on the rise in Afghanistan since we invaded, one little ignored fact is that in the same time period Heroin has replaced coc aines popularity (as far as consumption rates, teen use, and overdoses go)

Intriguing, I'd be interested to see some supporting evidence and whether or not the rise began after we bagan to occupy Afghanistan. Though if I had to wager a guess I'd say it started after

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

Perhaps this entire story is a fabrication and the only one seeking to scare the crap out of addicts is the US government

yes, it could very well be dis-information or a potential false flag oper.

the Author(story linked at start of thread) Dan Mangan of the NY Post has
written only 13 articles and in the area/position of a Medical Reporter
(so the story has to do with health/medical safety, not terrorism or crime)

could Dan be assisting an 'agent provocateur' working somewhere in the
bowels of the Intelligence-Security Community

[edit on 26-7-2005 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

Intriguing, I'd be interested to see some supporting evidence and whether or not the rise began after we bagan to occupy Afghanistan. Though if I had to wager a guess I'd say it started after

Of course it did, just as coc aine productin went up directly after we got involved in "liberating" south America, just like heroin was last popular when? During our antics in south east asia.....oh but that's all a coincidene

Voila!!!-

Following declines in the early 1990’s, opium cultivation
in Pakistan remained below 1,000 ha over the 1996
- 2002 period before increasing strongly in 2003 and

In 2004, global illicit opium poppy cultivation
increased by 16%, due entirely to increased cultivation
in Afghanistan.

www.unodc.org...

www.voanews.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I am of too minds, one this would be really hordes as it would kill a lot of Americans, two this would clean up the crack heads for us.

LMAO!!!

Srry but I just had to laugh at this.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by keybored
Do we now become suspicious of all imports? Coffee would make the ideal target... I guess there are any number of imported goods that could be weaponized...

Exactly. If Bin Laden really wanted to mess us up Coffe would make a great target since anyone and everyone i know drinks it. Also why not just spike the water supply? Much easier if you really wanted to do some damage. Or this news story could just be a bunch of BS designed to scare people.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
the taliban was responsible for restricting the opium crop in afghanistan...
we take away the taliban... then they start to grow it again...

it worked out great... and I am sure that is a fact that although true... isn't really the sign of progress the US wants to publicize

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Cos spiking the water system isn't as easy as it sounds

Spiking a bottled water plant, however, isn't nearly so outlandish.

But the domestic water system isn't really a viable threat.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I think some of you miss the point here.

Just like many westerners think all the islamic terrorists are uneducated, camel riding, tent dwelling, Kuran waving barbarians. Most of those terrorists think Americans are fat, godless, drug addicts without morals. It goes both ways... A plot to poisen the drug supply, that obviously all Americans are using, seems to be a fairly straight forward idea from Bin Laden. As he found out, the drug lords wouldn't be very receptive to the idea...

You are right catherder, and even more opium is now being exported then ever before even with the US and British troops being there.
Doesnt that strike you as strange, especially when the CIA is head over heels in the international drugtrafficking business.
To me it looks like the black budgets are getting a boost in finances from all this.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just more proof that Bin Laden has a laptop in his cave!!! And he's read the posts here on ATS....or similar sites. He knows Bush has a coke problem(or believes the posts that claim such), and well, this is his way of an assasination attempt!!!

of, course, they could have gotten the intelligence messed up, and it really our coca-cola they plan on lacing, that probably would kill alot more people!!!

But, remember people, according to our adiminstration, it's that humble weed that is still the most dangerous drug out there, don't expect any increase in funding to keep this poisoned crap off the streets!!! not as long as there is an american toking on his homegrown green bud!!!

[edit on 26-7-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
HaHaHaHa! My God, please don't tell me anyone buys this utter BS! What a joke.

Now that I think about it I did get an extra jolt on Friday night, didn't think about it being poisoned though. As if it isn't poison already...hello.

FOX is awesome!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join