It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on tracking cellphones, etc

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
IMEIs are the serial number of the phone itself - nothing to do with the SIM (IMSI). These can however be changed by reflashing the phone. What model of phone is it? If its a later model Nokia the IMEI is encrypted in a OTP (i think thats the word) computer chip so the bugger would have to replace the chip. too much hassle and money for what the results are.

You never know; he may have sold the phone to another nasty bugger and you're following a flash trail.

If you get the proper authority and a large stack of money I can put you into contact with the people who sell these items for government and law enforcement use.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It is a late model, and i'm not sure what kind of phones Verizon is giving out with membership, but that's what they've got.

I'm a little shy about spending the money to follow the phone now because I suspect he would have sold it when we cut his service off, unless he didn't have any way of obtaining another one- then he may be using a paygo on it. We're sort of thin on resources- I'm kind of holding what I've got in reserve so I can pay somebody to drag this guy back from Mexico if I find him. I really appreciate your interest and help though.

At this point things are looking pretty bad. I've got 3 names and two addresses- both addresses within a mile of my grandpa's house. I'm planning to find a way in- either by impersonating a petitioner or by going to offer to buy one of their vehicles, to find out who lives there. Then I can possibly find out who all is on record as living there and if there is a missing family member I may have the fugitives name. At that point, if the police can't make them give up their man, I can always try to coerce them by threatening a wrongful death suit.

Also I've got one other clue at this point- somebody hocked my grandpa's ring and the police are protecting him. They stalled for 4 or 5 days on getting a photograph of the ring (which was necessary for my grandma to confirm it belonged to her husband) and then the person came and picked it up before we could force the police into action.

Strangely enough- it was a jeweler who hocked the ring. I can't figure out why a jeweler hocks a ring when he's got his own store. It would be too good to be true if I can show that one of the phone numbers dialed is in any way connected to a local jeweler- then I've definately got somebody by the short and curlies, not to mention a half decent case against the police department once this is all settled and I don't need their cooperation anymore.

These local cops are a real problem- I'm thinking their either protecting somebody or spiting my family because of past issues with my mom. (she did some serious PR damage to them about 10 years ago when an officer tried to rape her).

new topics

<< 1   >>

join