It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else suffering from Insomnia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I can't sleep, it's been about 2 weeks now, I get less than 5 hours sleep a night, some nights I'm lucky if I even sleep at all. I've made sure not to exercise too late, not to drink too caffiene before bed etc, but no luck, sleep resists and the funny thing is that I'm not tired. It's not like I'm staying up all night and sleeping all day. i'm just staying up all the time!

what gives? anyone else experiencing this too? any ideas on how I can correct this without sleep medication?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Overactive mind?

No doubt you've practised meditation and even tried reading something boring.

Seems like destressing and lifestyle change is the prescription for you... but it really depends what is on your mind, doesn't it??

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
thing is MA, i'm not under any more stress than let's say a month ago, don't know if these things have delay reaction or what.

and yep, I've tried reading, watching paid commercials to put myself to sleep, listening to sound tapes, meditating...

overactive mind, i've always had that problem, but i've always been able to sleep regular before this.

guess i have do some more soul searching, see what's really going on with me.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I didn't know excercising late kept people up. I do it all the time when I'm phisically tired but mentally alert. I excercise then I eat. Then I sleep like a baby.

However if you really wanna sleep spend a day at the beach
Nobody can beat that.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by joyouslyhumored]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
WW, I have the exact same problem, oddly enough in the last 2-3 weeks.

The best I've come to describing it, is a feeling of anticipation and anxiety, sort of a feeling I had before big exams back in my college days.
The thing is, my life now is very much routine, nothing special is going on, so no reason for feeling like this.

I've tried everything, herbal teas, meditation, books, nothing works.

I'm starting to think it might be some kind of premonition of some big event that is soon to come...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
worldwatcher,

same here, i get about 2 - 4 hours a night.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Add me to that list also, Over the past week i can hardly get to sleep at all,

I have tryed everything from hot milk to natural products to help me drift of,

Im wondering if theres been some slight change in the Atmosphere?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
i've had problems sleeping for a while now, my body is tired but my mind is still very much awake which means I keep thinking of things which keeps me awake.

I often just lie in bed for hours and hours, go to bed at 11, still awake at 1, I've tried getting up earlier in the day but doesn't help.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I use to have trouble sleeping this month, so about to two nights ago when I was awake at 4 in the morning I started working out. I have 20 and 30 pound dumbbells and after about 2 hours of exercising I had to get ready go to work at 6. By the time I got back home I was tired but I managed to stay awake till 11 at night. I had great sleep from then on and I got in the normal 24 hour rhythm. So simple put, I suggest working out a lot or skipping one night of sleep to solve your insomnia problems.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You know what? These past 3 weeks have been nearly sleep-free for me too.

Asala, maybe there is something going on here with the atmosphere.

[edit] I live in River Falls, Wisconsin.

[edit on 7/26/2005 by diehard_democrat]

[edit on 7/26/2005 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Worldwatcher, you could see this as a good thing. I mean, you have to judge the writting contest right? Maybe you're having this insomnia so you can judge all of the stories?

All jokes aside, where does everyone who is suffering from insomnia live?

[edit on 26-7-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If everyone is in the Nothern Hemisphere, it is summer. I have always experienced a harder time approaching and good restful sleep in the summer. A/C helps, don't know how we lived without it. However, Summer is just plain difficult in obtaining a good restful sleep at night.

Along the Gulf Coast and Mexico atmospheric barametric low pressures which spawn tropical storms in the warm water play havic on you body. Plus the A/C has to be a few degrees colder to pump out the humidty from the house. Try keeping the A/C fan circulating on all the time instead of only on when the A/C comes on outside. Also install a ceiling fan in all rooms, especially where you enjoy sleeping.

No caffine after six PM, exercise, no over-weight (can cause sleep acmia), not too hungry and do not over eat. Good time to enjoy the beach and absorb some vitamin D the natural way by tanning without burning. Take some time off and take long walks down a beach. Watch a sunrise and a sunset over the water - very relaxing.

Accomplish everything on your mind, so that it doesn't bug you in the middle of the night. I sleep better in front of the TV in the living room than I do the bed. The bed is more comfortable but less noisy...nothing like relaxing in front of the big TV watching grass grow on the weather channel.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
wow...so I'm not the only one, last night I turned off the pc around 2am, meditated till 3:30, my legs fell asleep before i did, but i doze off only to wake up at 5:15, one hour before my husband's alarm goes off. I forced myself to stay in bed till then and well I haven't slept since. I've finished all my housework already
that's a positive.

As for judging the short story contest, no stress there, reading is fun and there are truly clear winners within all those entries.

i live in south florida btw.

it is interesting to note that we all seem to have this problem surface recently. maybe something foul is afoot?

my mom suggested warm milk and brandy, but in this south florida heat, warm milk doesn't appeal to me at all. I've been drinking chamomile tea with ice cubes in it, maybe i'm screwing up because I'm drinking cold and not warm?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It looks like you've tried everything else, go to the doctor and get some Ambien, it works great

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I can't sleep, it's been about 2 weeks now, I get less than 5 hours sleep a night, some nights I'm lucky if I even sleep at all. I've made sure not to exercise too late, not to drink too caffiene before bed etc, but no luck, sleep resists and the funny thing is that I'm not tired. It's not like I'm staying up all night and sleeping all day. i'm just staying up all the time!

what gives? anyone else experiencing this too? any ideas on how I can correct this without sleep medication?

Same thing happens to me
It's been going on all summer, I only get like 4-5 hours of sleep, ts really annoying.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It looks like you've tried everything else, go to the doctor and get some Ambien, it works great

I'll go to the doctor if this persists but I refuse to take Ambien or any other prescription drugs. I will have to find a way to naturally fall asleep or I'll learn to live with insomnia.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I've been unable to fall sleep over these past couple of weeks too. I don't know why. I've been tired but I just couldn't get to sleep. But for some reason I get 4 hours of sleep. Then wake up and go work out then come back and sleep till 5 or 6 at night.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Good for you worldwatcher. Try to stay away from the drug world as much as possible including the so called legitimate pill pushing. My 2nd oldest daughter is a director of Pharmacy at a local hospital. She would say the same.

top topics

join