It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these spam/banning problems anything new?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I ask because when I found this awesome sight like 3 weeks ago, it seemed that things were pretty peaceful. Now we have hackers, spammers and banners (I made that word up and it doesn't even make sense, but you get my drift). So has this kind of thing been happening for a while or is it a new occurance. I am just curious

Thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I'm sure that there have always been hackers, spammers, etc. but it's like the seismic activity. All of a sudden, WHAM!

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Something crazy happens here every four days or so.

You can reconstruct the past, if you want, by going through the archives... But that doesn't always tell you how a conflict started, as the 'fissure' posts are usually deleted from public view.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Yea I noticed that oimd.

I think if I was a mod here I would have taken a leave of absence from sanity a while ago.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Karmic laws apply as much in the virtual dimension as in the corporeal dimension.

Only listening to jungle music, and being an all around nice dude, offer protection against the downside of the law "What goes around comes around".

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It doesnt happen that often only bout every 2-3 months. Other than that the site is calm.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! OUYSEVOLNATAS!!!!NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!! LOOK OUT! NINJA'S GOT A GUN!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
"ouysevolnatas" ....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Chaos is the norm...

What we have are times of peace between storms of chaos. Unfortunatly most members can't stand peace on the board and we need some crisis to stir us up.

If the big world provides that stimulas (war, politics, conspiracies etc) then we can vent our growing frustrations outward. Otherwise it gets turned inwards to the board and all sorts of fruitloops start to emerge.

Eventually one of them breaks and spams the board and gets banned, and comes back, and spams the baord and gets banned etc etc .. Until they finally give up and peace returns (during this cycle William turns out new tools to stop them) .. then during the peace preasure starts to build again and another member loops out...

Some of the cyclic loopers are readmitted to the board after things settle down, in the vain hope that they have reformed, usually this niave approach only makes us more work as they freak out again during a peaceful period.

Recently we have come to the conclusion that we are really Jackbooted Nazi Thugs and so we might as well act like it and not some soft social welfare organization for all the lost, lonely and abnormal posters out there who wish to call ATS their home.

As a result we are more proactive in hunting down potential loopers and booting them out before they cause too much trouble.

So beware of the times of peace, it just means someone is going to break....

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
yeah, this kinda stuff seams to happen all the time

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Actually you will notice that the older (in time here) posters, Supermods, have overcome this cyclic time of chaos and peace. Usually by the method of creating the chaos ourselves and blaming it on others (That Damn General) when the peace gets too much.

According to some of the ex memebrs we also get a kick out of booting people out for no reason, so in this way we keep our frustration level low.

We also have wild parties riots and fights in our own forum, whee we also pin pics of the most annoying members (Colnel, FM, etc) on the dart board.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
We also play a form of poker with the IP numbers of members.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megalodon
Yea I noticed that oimd.

I think if I was a mod here I would have taken a leave of absence from sanity a while ago.

We leave sanity at the initiation ritual along with the dead goat,bunny, grey alien, fawn, dolphin, and n-e-w-b-i-e.

BTW NC why did you tell em bout the dart board

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by Quicksilver]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by William

lol, am i a full house or a pair of aces?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Originally posted by William

I assume it's LIAR's poker?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Authority is an illusion in the mind of govenors - Lao Tse

no matter how good it makes you feel at the moment you exercise it.

[Edited on 26-8-2003 by Voice_of Doom]

new topics

top topics

join