It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Vandals Torch 20 U.S. Flags, Car

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
What was perpetrate upon the family of the fallen hero is called TERRORISM. The culprits need to be tried as TERRORISTS. Their act was clearly meant to instill fear and terror into the grieving family.

[edit on 7-27-2005 by groingrinder]

Maybe, but it was the government who sent the guy to his death to start with...

The reason so many world problems are not solved is because we concentrate on the effect instead of the coarse. If that soldier had not been used to fight an illegal war, for the benefit of corporations, he would still be alive and this thread would not exist.
I'm not justifying what the flag burners did, but just trying to make you see where your anger would be better utilised.
Your anger should be at the perpetrators of this war...

It's a typical government/military trick. Get people all emotionally riled up with misplaced patriotism, and than have them focus on stupid flag burning stories instead of the real issues.

Until people learn to look beyond the surface they will remain ignorant and our lives will continue to be filled with strife and misery, as the ruling elites continue using us to maintain there privileged lives.

Do you really think they operate with our interests at heart?
That's what they want you to believe, but only the naive could really believe it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Anok, never a truer word spoken...

I too have stated in numerous threads, that until we address the cause we will not find a solution.

Unfortunately, this falls on deaf reactionary ears, as shown in a great many threads including this one.

People claim that this kind of behaviour is un-patriotic, which got me to wondering:

What is a true patriot?

As to me people seem to have a great many interpretations of what being a patriot is.

Is patriotism allegiance to the country or to the government?

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by keybored

Aside from equating a childs pranks to a level of inflicting pain and misery upon someone who is already in pain and misery (you pull the wings off flies?) I have to ask you if you had ever served and already know the answer to that one.
"Lord, forgive them for they know not what they do"

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Koji, I apologize too, I saw your earlier post but didn't make the connection this is how strongly I feel about this. (and I also apologize for the fly remark) My contention was that had one served, they would feel the pride in the colors of the country with which they served under. This whole things just fills me with emotions so as stated earleir I doubt I'm using my best judgement in what would deem appropriate punishment. If it was kids that did it, they should be made to feel the hurt that was caused. If it was a hate crime, they should be made to feel the love the fallen soldiers left behind, and if it was terrorist related, fry the *self deletion evident*

[edit on 28-7-2005 by keybored]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join