It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops Wonder: Is There a Home Front?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
US Troops Wonder: Is There a Home Front?

The Bush administration's rallying call that America is a nation at war is increasingly ringing hollow to men and women in uniform, who argue in frustration that America is not a nation at war, but a nation with only its military at war.
"My terminology for it is 'patriotism lite,' and that's what we're experiencing now in both political parties. The political leaders are afraid to ask the public for any real sacrifice, which doesn't speak too highly of the citizenry."

I find this very sad. It's interesting that I should run across this article In my search for clarity about support for the troops.

There's no denying that it's not always easy to support the troops without supporting the war, but thanks to some wise people, and this article, I'm getting back in touch with it.

I think a search for a way to connect with the troops and show support is in order. Any ideas? Any helpful websites?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
im sure there are alot of Americans who provide soap, toothbrush, cookies, games, baby wipes, etc. to the troops, but dont expect Americans to go buy them armor humvees. the farthest we go to is buying armored vests to the troops, thats really a good support. as well as other equipment that are better than govt issued, like communication systems like the walkie talkie, boots, watches, knives, socks, etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Some might find this shocking but you dont get the Brits whinginging about fighting wars, if your army is fed up then get them home , then we can bring our forces home as well.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Some might find this shocking but you dont get the Brits whinginging about fighting wars, if your army is fed up then get them home , then we can bring our forces home as well.

I'd love to bring them home!!

Why make this a Brits vs US thing? That's just silly. Our Army doesn't control yours. Talk to Tony if you want your guys home.

top topics

join