It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove that there is no devil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Doubtful anyone will take this on, nobody looks at disbelief in Christ is also a disbelief in the devil. Yet there are tangible proofs of the differences between the two. The way we live today is evidence we live under a devilish rule, not many would disagree with that, and yet, so many disagree that there is a God? Why do you think that is?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You can't prove a negative.

More to the point though - it's not up to anyone to disprove something...it's up to the claimant to prove it
In other words...it's up to you to prove there is a devil.

(I don't believe we're living under devillish rule, incidentally. Men who aren't perhaps the safest choices for us? Absolutely! Misguided? Probably! But devils? Nope)

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
How can anyone by anymeans disprove something with proof when the debunked has no proof to its existence. Don't give me that line of 'absence of evidence is not evidnce of absence'. Because in this case it is, so learn to live with something that hurts. Not truth or the futile wisdom, but rather a cold hard fact.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Some conspiracy theorists believe there is a devil and it comes in the form of a NEW WORLD ORDER to control man kind through globerisation so that one day we will move towards one money one religion just for the devil to add his mark litrally of the beast (RFID CHIPS /Id cards) so mankind submits to him through the economy. As all predicted in the Bible. So you can see evil in the form of a negative print amoung the world, you just have to decipher it.

If the devil shows him self he will lose the battle straight away and man will turn to God and hense why he will decieve all of us at the same time without us knowing who he is so he take us down with him, or try to get us to reject God to form an independence from his rule.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think what you are saying is that Evil exists , Evil and the Devil are the same thing. Likewise being good and God are the same thing. Both exist , you have to choose who you like most.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Frankly, I don't care if there is a devil, I don't even care if there is a god. How I live my life has nothing to do with either one of them.

I have free will, regardless of where it came from. I can be a decent human being, help my brother along the way and strive to make the world a better place, Or I can be a monster and sow harm and discord where ever I travel. It's up to me, not some devil or some god.

The devil is used by weak minded men to blame their schemes and foibles on something, anything, but themselves. The devil is a cop out.

So is God, to say that things were gods will and therefore justified is the height of arrogance.

Until mankind learns to accept responsibility for his own actions and stop blaming some devil or god we will never grow up. When we begin accepting resonsibility for that terrible things we do, only then will the wars, the hunger, the pain and the terrible deeds of men go away.

Life is not about the devil. It's not about god either. Its about you and what kind of person you will be, and only you can decide that.

Wupy

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry to inform you that yes indeed there is a devil. Look at the state of the world in which we live and then understand this isn't God's will, anything but. In fact it would be quite the contrary if we were all loving of one another, sympathetic to each others needs, compassionate towards each other etc. Again, look at the world in which we live and then deny that there is a God. This is my proof that God exists, as such again, it is something called Faith and knowing there is a better way.
I'm equally sorry people refuse to see what to me is the obvious. And you can nay-say all you want, but the truth of the matter is, until the whole world is united under a common morality, how would you know?

You will one day though.
Further, how many devil worshipers are there here? They swear that there is something there. Their souls aren't my concern either though, my concern is getting this message out.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really had my doubts anyone would even use that argument. ... but you are right about one thing, it is a negative.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by keybored]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by keybored
I'm sorry to inform you that yes indeed there is a devil. Look at the state of the world in which we live and then understand this isn't God's will, anything but. (snip) Again, look at the world in which we live and then deny that there is a God.

Ok - I've looked at the world, and I can still say: I truly do not see proof that there is a God. I see hatred, pain, terror....and I see love, joy and ecstasy. To me, that's nothing more than proof of mankind's free will - that's it. No proof of God, or the devil.

I'm equally sorry people refuse to see what to me is the obvious. And you can nay-say all you want, but the truth of the matter is, until the whole world is united under a common morality, how would you know?

I could shrug and say, "the truth of the matter to ME, is that the existance of God is not obvious at all". Is your truth the same as mine? Apparently not
You've already made up your mind, and you're implying that nothing will sway you anyway....so I'm wondering exactly what you're hoping to gain here?

Further, how many devil worshipers are there here? They swear that there is something there.

You tell me. Are you talking about Satanists? If so, are you referring to the more common Satanist who believes not in the devil, but in the concept of "Nobody/nothing is higher than the self"? These folk don't worship any devil - quite the contrary.

Having studied religion for the better part of 20 years, it would appear that there are very few "devil worshippers", in the context of "directly worshipping the Christian idea of the devil". Of course, if we're counting "anyone who doesn't follow Christ" as a devil-worshipper, then the figures would change quite a bit...but that'd be neither accurate nor appropriate.

Sooooo...no, sorry, your truth isn't the same as mine....but that doesn't mean we can't co-exist quite peacefully on this little planet.

top topics

join