It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is the Problem

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I would say fundamentalist religions on the whole are the problem.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Hit The Spot!

exactly

why is this thread still going?
if i posted "Christianity is the problem"
my thread would have got trashed pretty fast right???

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
exactly

if i posted "Christianity is the problem"
my thread would have got trashed pretty fast right???

I dont Know.

Notice how many THREADS about Bashing Islam are there?

If I start a Thread titled: ISREAL IS THE ROOT OF ALL PROBLEMS - how long would that last?

Not Long!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Catholics aren't commiting suicide attacks all over the world Zed, but radical Muslims are and a majority of them are ether silent or supporting them. They won't go after the bad guys in their midst and they force us Christians to do their dirty work for them.

Radical Muslims are supporting radical Muslims? Well of course. Now if you just expand that into a massive sweeping generalization, then you would probably jump to the Klub's upper ranks.

Your crummy remark shows us all that your confused about who the bad guys are....in fact your just plain ignorant.

Well, let see...if I had a Muslim bully at school who was beating my friends up because he was mad at me, I would not blame ALL Muslims.

THAT would be ignorant.

It's ok. Thinking and typing IS hard to do at the same time. Keep working on it though. I'm sure it will come with time...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Suicide bombing is one particular terrorist tactic that happens to have been adopted by Islamic extremists. There are other kinds of terrorism, you know.

Terrorism is not a method adopted only by Islamists. The Stern Gang and Irgun used terrorist tactics to help found the modern state of Israel - ever hear of the King David hotel bombing? Political groups in Central and South America, both left-wing and right-wing, habitually use terrorist tactics. The Contras in Nicaragua, supported by the US, habitually attacked civilians.

Nor are Islamists the only group to have adopted suicide attacks. Or have we forgotten WW2 yet, and the young Japanese who dove their suicide bombs into US ships off Okinawa.

I'll say it again: you people are simply looking to justify the mass murders you would like to commit. Take a good long look in the mirror, and you'll see Osama Bin Laden staring back at you.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I dont Know.

Cuz sum peeple bee needn an edicayshun!

One more thing:

That Constitution that the gun-owners all stand so mightily on also guarantees freedom of religion. So anyone blaming religion is just not a patriot.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This thread is disgraceful and only goes to show that not all members embrace the ATS motto. How can you blame an entire group of people for the misguided actions of a few? Really this is just so sad, but at the same time, it’s good to see the “true colors” of some members.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thats funny Souljah.

I am of no religion, and the only religion I see that poses any threat to me right now is Islam.

Does that make me an Islamophobe?

Nope.

Lets say you sort mail for a living. You process thousands and thousands of pieces of mail every day handling each one. 1 Out of a 1000 (or however many) or so envelopes cuts our hand, but most dont. You notice that 90% of the envelopes that do end up cutting your hand are square envelopes. So now, you alter the way you handle square envelopes as a precaution, even though most ALL envelopes dont cut you.

Does that mean you are anti square envelopes? Or did you just learn from experience?

What does this analogy mean? Many acts of violence happen around the world every day. But the vast majority of TERRORIST acts of violence are by Arabic Muslim extremists. Why is it so wrong to be cautious of Arabic Muslims? After all, your life is at stake. Id rather be alive than be dead and known for my political correctness.

Another analogy:

Its like a new unknown desease that kills 100% of the people it infects but only infects a few. Are you paranoid if you go out of your way to protect yourself from it as long as the cause is unknown? Not at all.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
xmotex, you have a bad habit of going back to the crusades and other ancient history to justify Muslim anger.

Face it, a majority of Islamic people living overseas Hate Westerners and it has nothing to do with the Crusades. It has everything to do with Islam.

Is that so hard for you to understand? They are living in a FAILED society and they (Typical Muslims) blame everyone for their ills..except themselves.

Their Poor, un-educated, Inbred and angry. Islam has given NOTHING to the modern world except hatred and Jihad.

Max

[edit on 023131p://222 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think Moderators are doing a POOR Job in this Thread, that Spraeds HATRED and IGNORANCE Beyond its Borders!

[edit on 26/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I think Moderators are doing a POOR Job in this Thread, that Spraeds HATRED and IGNORANCE Beyond its Borders!

Truth hurts huh Souljah?

How are we supposed to get to the bottom of Islam unless we hash it out?

Max

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Face it, a majority of Islamic people living overseas Hate Westerners.

Is that so hard for you to understand? They are living in a FAILED society and they (Typical Muslims) blame everyone for their ills..except themselves.

Their Poor, un-educated and angry. Islam has given NOTHING to the modern world except hatred and Jihad, yet everyone else is to blame for their rage and hatred.

THAT is exactly the same speach the KKK gives at their events.

Seriously, read the above again but substitute black people into it.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Truth hurts huh Souljah?

How are we supposed to get to the bottom of Islam unless we hash it out?

I REALLY dont WANT to start with the Insults here, but you are really Provoking me with your Ignorance and your statements.

Now I KNOW that Bush Propaganda Machine has done a GREAT Job washing your BRAIN, Sir.

You are a Confirmed Islamo-Hater.

And You are being TRICKED by the very own Leaders to which you Bow so Greatfully!

Islam is stereotyped as a threat to democracy without distinguishing it from terrorism or corrupt leaders who use the ideals of Islam to their own ends.

www.globalissues.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I go back to the Crusades when people go back to the Moors to justify their hatred. The general point is that it's idiotic to use things that happened centuries before any of us were born to justify current grievances.

And no, I don't think the majority of Muslims worldwide hate the US, or particularly care about us either way. To the extent that they do, it's because they see themselves as under attack by us. Most of them however, are simply ordinary people trying to get on with their lives, not exceptionally different from us.

Saying "most" Muslims support terrorists is like saying "most" Christians support abortion clinic bombers. It's simply untrue, and an appeal to mindless hatred. Precisely the same kind of mindless sectarian hatred that motivates the rank and file terrorists (their leadership's goals are more complex.)

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
And being a Catholic makes you a homosexual pediphile.

and being a Jew makes you a international banker,

lets not forget being Black makes you a crackhead

Being from the South makes you KKK member

Being Spanish makes you an Illegal alien

Being a Woman means you should shut up and fix me some pie

Being Italian means you are in the Mafia

I could go on and on with this kind of ignorent bigotry but I think yall get the picture.

DJ was asking for numbers how about these...........

there are over a billion Muislims in the world if the RELIGION, not the acts of a few murdering scumbags, was the problem we would be in a war now that made this one look like a bar fight.

If ONE BILLION people wanted us dead do you think we would only be getting a relitively few sucide bombers?

Should the mainstream Muslims do more to stop their more crazy breathern? Yes they should, but they are starting to see this.

This reminds me a lot of the South I grew up in. A handful of Bigots made us all look bad, their actions were on the news every day.

What WASNT on the news was our strugle with them ourselves. A lot of us stood up to them and fought against what they stood for but unless you were from the north you didnt get in the news for it. WHY? Because it sold newspapers to paint us ALL as hood wearing Kluckers.

The same is happening today with the Muslims. No one wants to hear about the clerics begging for peace and reason they only want to hear about the ones screaming for Western blood.

I wonder how many (just like in the South back then) that are trying to stop the madness are being totally ignored in favor of the one down the block thats foaming at the mouth?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Now I KNOW that Bush Propaganda Machine has done a GREAT Job washing your BRAIN, Sir.

You are a Confirmed Islamo-Hater.

And You are being TRICKED by the very own Leaders to which you Bow so Greatfully!

i dont remember Bush ever telling his troops under his command to go kill Muslims because its the right thing to do.
and that they are a threat to Democracy, i do however remember something about Islamic fanatics hijacking Islam for their own means, as well as their hatred of Democracy, and to seek the destruction of U.S. of A.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
uhmmm

Are you people talking about a simple body count, like how many people terrorists have killed and is that the biggest threat that you are facing in western country?
Is that the point here?

That cutting hand with envelope metaphore can be applied to any violence, gang related killings, child molesters, rapists etc, etc.

Most child molesters are white men between the age of 20 and 40, and your kid is far more likely to be a victim of this crime then of a terrorist attack. So, are you keeping your kids away from ALL white males that fit the profile?
I don't think so.
Mostly because not ALL of them are child molesters.

As I said in my earlier post in this thread, the BASIC premise of this thread is simply WRONG, so all conclusions based on it are wrong too.
The premise ignores FACTS observed in reality and a FULL picture containing all relevant info. It picks ONLY information that might be favorable to the "theory" twisting them to turn the theory into self-evident truth.
That is a logical falacy. You do not twist facts to fit your theory, you modify theory so it fits the facts.

When you do that, then discussions make sense. When not, they magically draw in trolls and people with genocidal tendencies.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ah, so Im a KKK member now?

Nice try Zed, but Ive learned to judge people by their actions and in my (4) years in the Army and 15 years as an engineer, Ive met too many good Black men to prejudge the whole race.

I wish I could say the same about Islam. Almost every Muslim Ive met while visiting Europe and Canada ether "understands" what drives suicide bombers to kill innocents or openly supports them.

Their out to kill us Zed.....I feel our western society is much like an abused housewife hoping her Jerk husband will change, but in reality the next beating is right around the corner.

Maximu§

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I wish I could say the same about Islam. Almost every Muslim Ive met while visiting Europe and Canada ether "understands" what drives suicide bombers to kill innocents or openly supports them.

AND How MANY Muslims Do you KNOW - not Counting the ones that you "got to know on Fox News"?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Ive met too many good Black men to prejudge the whole race.

but you wouldnt want your daughter to marry one right? We have had this talk before

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Their out to kill us Zed.....I feel our western society is much like an abused housewife hoping her Jerk husband will change, but in reality the next beating is right around the corner.

Since when did Western society become so weak? I thought we were strong and powerful.

This is definitely a case of wanting to be a victim. Pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join