It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeping Problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This has been happening all summer now. I'm 15 and I've been having sleep problems awhile now. I would fall asleep and then bam I wake 15 minutes later and stay awake for like 2-3hrs, then I fall asleep and then again I wake up 15 minutes later, then I would completely fall asleep afterwards. The next morning I'm tired as hell. I really want my body to recover from all the excercising I'm doing, but I just can't sleep for some weird reason. I go to bed quite early, between 9-10pm. Does anyone have some kind of technique I can use so I can have a good nights sleep?

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Are you going to bed too soon after exercising?

Have your eating habits changed? Stress increased?

Have you tried meditation? Or doing the "no books, no tv" thing ? (in other words, your bed is for sleeping, and sleeping only - no distractions).

It could be that you're also simply going to bed to early. Try going a little later?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

Have your eating habits changed?

Yes my eating habits have actually changed now, instead of eating three meals per day, I eat 6 meals per day. I do this because I'm trying to gain weight, and get more calories.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have a similar problem-- My body won't allow me to sleep until it's completely exhausted and about to just die... Lately it's been trouble getting to sleep anytime before 2 to 3 ish in the morning-- With continuous sleep disturbance... It drives me crazy, because now I try to sleep for longer periods of time since I only get so much sleep each time I try, since I can't sleep for an extended period of time. So I go about wasting much more time than needed trying to sleep, and it always cuts into my morning work out... I feel your pain...

As for the eating habits-- Such a drastic change from 3 to 6 meals a day can definitely affect you. Tinkleflower is also right about the whole leaving your bed as only your bed... I've noticed that when I read in bed, I have a tendency to get sleepy and fall asleep for a few minutes, but when I want to sleep, I feel the need to get up and work. If you use your bed as an office, and entertainment center, a couch, etc; it will become that when you're trying to sleep and scream to your subconcious that you should be doing something else. Though I still have a good bit of trouble sleeping, I did notice that once I stopped doing my homework and such in bed (during the school year presumably), I was able to sleep easier. I also remembered more later when I studied at a desk.

Well, good luck--- And sleep well tonight!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
wow i almost have the same problem. Ok im 15 and i have been goin to sleep at around like 2 0r 3 sometime i even go to sleep at like 4 in the morning.its just that i cant sleep till then. Then when i wake up at 8 im like tired so i fall asleep and wake up at like 1 or 2. Then my body just feels horrible and im tired till like late. pluss my eating habits have changed i mean i miss breakfast and probably only have like 2 measls a day i just feel horrible. god i hat this summer

top topics

join