It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agree or Disagree with suspicious random shootings in britian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I was just wondering other peoples opinions on this. I think it is wrong for Tony Blair to order that you can just shoot a random person if you are suspicious of them being a terroist. Because an inocent person got killed. How many more than the 52 not including the 4 suicide bombers will have to die? So many more people are dieing with the War..i think all this killing needs to stop. I think we are doing pretty much the right thing over in iraq...but i just dont like all this killing. But i really dont think Blair was right to make that announcement!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The entire premise of this thread is an incorrect distortion

British police are certainly not under orders to shoot "random" people!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well oveusly you dont get what iam saying. Iam not trying to say ramdom people. What iam trying to ask is do you think it is right for thm to be able to kill a person for not knowing for sure if they are part of the bombings or not!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well you should rephrase it at least.

Anyway this is pretty much a duplicate of this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Iam sorry with this site being so big...i didnt know their was already a thread started about it....sorry to upset anyone

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Do you people realize that they have not identified the shooters? This innocent guy gets gunned down and the shooters slip away into official obscurity. Who the hell were they?! They acted with total impugnity. That definitely tells me a few things.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i read that the police shot him..

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i read that the police shot him..

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
.. Personally..
I beleive they have adopted the RIGHT tactic.
Unfortunate an innocent died..
but how many innocents died due to the bombings?
how many are wounded?

being they have had 2 wave's of attacks, and the bombers still at large.
If they see something suspicous, foreign and on the bus's trains..
then immediaetly they should raise there guns and make him lay on the ground with arms spread WIDE out.
If he fails to respond to you, then you have the order to shoot.

I think it comes down to the public now.
While this is still really hot in the press and recent activites, londoners should try to AVOID taking backpacks, and wearing large HEAVY coats on the transit system.

and being what has happened lately, if smoe police order you to stop and lay down, if you dnot do it then arent u the silly billy.

The police would rather apologise to the family of a innocently killde man, than apologise to the public, papers, government over there inability to act when they COULD of shot dead a suicide bomber, but didnt... becuase they didnt want to be repremanded if they were wrong.

Sh1t happens, especially in this day and age.
Scotlandyard isnt known for its heavy tactics, murders, suspicous activites.
so why does everyone scream scandal, curroption and murder when ONE man gets mistakenly shot.

Pull your heads out your a55es...

Why can people in uniforms go to a foreign country, murder 10's of THOUSANDS of INNOCENT people... and be applauded for it.
Yet some policeman can murder a suspicous man, in times of extremem secuirity measures and get drilled for it by the public.
Yeah, that seems logical to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The more I hear about the Brazilian chased into a train and shot for (basically) wearing a lumpy jacket, the more disgusted I am.

Shots were at close range. I mean he was down. The thinking was he'd bomb I suppose, but that sooooooooooooo could have been me.

I run when people chase me. What can I say? I'm an animal.

For those of us that still have working survival instincts, that's what you do.

I've been painfully aware of what my work bag looked like on MARTA after 9/11 myself. And it's just not natural to not freak out when people are staring you down, following you for blocks and then start running and screaming at you.

No shoot first policy is worth it. See a gun or bomb, fine. If not, you should be charged with murder. Cop, Fed or otherwise.

And this libertarian notion of sidearms for all is just insane. Then we're all "justifiable" targets. The intent of a dead man is whatever the killer says.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Shots were at close range, while he was down but i mean.

If he DID have a bomb.. who knows what would need to happen for it to go off...

maybe a button in his pocket.

1 maybe 2 bullets would still leave a man with enough strength to pusha button.

5 bullets some into the head is the ONLY way to ENSURE he's down.

As bad and unfortunate it maybe
I still say any londoner right now.. who's foreign, wearuign a backpack or LARGE coat running from police on a train..
is stupid.

atleast NOW they know they will be killed on the spot..
so better to give urself up n face ur charges over drugs or what ever ur running for.. than being shot and suspected of beign a bomber.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You Guys have some good logic! thanks so much....it changes my prospective a little

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Scotland Yard,formed a new anti-terrorist squad,which i believe is called S.O.13.These officers,are members of only a few British Police,that carry guns.In general,our force does not carry weapons,except for a "truncheon" which is a small wooden dtick basically.Times have changed over recent years,to have officers like these.It used to be the Blue Berets,that would handle weapons when needed.(Remember the Iranian Embassy siege in the 1980,s?)
They do not have orders to shoot just anyone.What happened a couple of weeks ago,shouldn't have happened,however,in defence of the officers involved,the guy was wrong to have run.The officers called to him to halt,and i believe,in any country,you stop when told to do so by a police officer.
It was a mistake and i know the Metropolitan Police,will learn from this mistake.However,the shoot to kill order,will remain in effect and i support it 100%
If you look into armed police incidences like this,you'll see it's a global problem.As the investigation continues,you can keep up to date,by visiting Scotland Yard,online at:
www.met.police.uk...

Azi

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I agree with the guarding of their railway system, but shoot a guy once, in the leg or something, before he reaches the bus. that way if he does blow up, the TRAIN/BUS isn't hit. wow! what an idea!

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Some how I don't see myself agreeing with ANY random shooting.

new topics

join