It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the polar cap re-freeze?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Will the polar cap re-freeze? Will it?

I don't think so and it's obviously gone too far. Thanks big oil and big business. But hey, don't anybody get too upset about it, and by the way, what's on TV tonight?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm sure it will re-freeze--at some other place after an undesignated period of time goes by. Likely they will both melt completely before refreezing in their new locations. But we don't need to worry about that.

It seems that it only takes 50 years for a total meltdown, per the latest findings from ice core analysis of the last dozen millenia or so. On the brighter side, it appears that only 20 years are required to return to 'normal climate conditions!'

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It has thawed and refroze many times in the past. Why would this one be any different?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If someone were to get of their highhorse, they'd see that we can't start these things and we can't stop them.

World Series Poker comes on ESPN in 15 minutes.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
If someone were to get of their highhorse, they'd see that we can't start these things and we can't stop them.

World Series Poker comes on ESPN in 15 minutes.
That's exactly right!!
(the first statement, not the poker announcement--that I have no idea of, but believe you nevertheless)

We did not cause the future destruction of either the ozone layer or the entire world.

We didn't create it and we can't destroy it. It is God's and it is 'foolish human' proof!

Edit: I mean like 'fool-proof' not proof of foolish humans (although the theory itself is, LOL)

[edit on 7/26/2005 by queenannie38]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Malthusian said that population explosion will be the end of us all and I say that it has reached a critical state. I don't think the polar cap will re-freeze.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
things will be the way they have been through most of history.

From A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson :

Three-quarters of all the fresh water on Earth is locked up in ice even now, and we have ice caps at both poles - a situation that may be unique in Earth's history.* For most of its history until fairly recent times the general pattern for Earth was to be hot with no permanent ice anywhere.

* Gribben, John, and Mary Gribben Fire on earth p. 147 , London ; Allen Lane, 2001.

For all we know, this warming is the natural result of coming out of our present ice age. Climatology is an inexact science and we don't have accurate enough records of past ice ages to know what to expect.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
[edit on 31-7-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
One of the greatest teachers of our time, if you can get past the language, George Carlin pointed out that the Earth has gone through far worse than the "surface nuisance" that we humans have provided. We will continue to rape the planet, thank you big biz, until we can no longer live here and the Earth will "shake us off like a bad case of fleas". Then it will heal itself.

"And if the scientists are right that plastic won't break down, the Earth will encorporate it into a new paradime, the Earth plus plastic. Plastic came from the Earth, it probably see plastic as one of its own, it doesn't share the same prejudice towards it that we do".

Same with the polar regions, we're screwing with them now but when we're gone the Earth will put things back into shape.

new topics

top topics

join