It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New World Order or the Way of the World?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A conversation I had this evening with my missus inspired this post, unfortunatly I am very tired and have had a few beers, so apologies for the poor quality!

I was thinking, we all sit around and talk about these conspiracies of a New World Order, while others (including me right now) try and defend our governments and their actions, saying that the things that come about are justified for our safety and security.

But does it really matter, to us as an individual?

Isn't the end the same?

Does it really matter if a new law passed is in genuine response to a current threat to protect us from it in the future, or does it really matter if it is manufactured to control the 'innocent' ones like us, to further some cause of which we have little or no knowledge?

The thing is that while I try and argue a point, no matter on which side it is, the outcome is the same.

For instance with the terrorist acts, it is either a conspiracy designed to instill fear to enable our governments to impose further laws to brings us under tighter controls, or it is a genuine need to supress the hideous acts of a group of people that wish to inflict this terror upon us.

No matter which way you look at it we are surely onto a loser, we have not the ability to fight against a corrupt governement if the need arose and if it is for genuine reasons then we have to accept it for the greater good.

This isn;t a give up speech, I havn't really thought about it before. I still want to know, I want to 'deny ignorance', I want to know answers, I want to know the truth!

Is this what it is all still about? Is this why YOU want to know?

I'm just curious really, I sat here thinking that either way there is very little, if anything, that I could do no matter which way the truth lies.
But I still want to know, and maybe that's what makes me human.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
I'm just curious really, I sat here thinking that either way there is very little, if anything, that I could do no matter which way the truth lies.
But I still want to know, and maybe that's what makes me human.

So you look for the apple, you take a bite, and although you find what you believe to be the truth, you are not comforted by the results.

In fact, it sounds as though you are rather disillusioned and perhaps disappointed.

It has been said many times that the search for truth is supposed to empower, to "set you free". However, if you have found what you believe is the truth, you seem to view it as a no-win situation, bringing about a sense of powerlessness and defeat.

Your post implies that this is not what you had hoped for, however you sound as if you are convincing yourself to accept it.

I would say that if all you choose to see are the obstacles in your path (real or imagined), then that is all you will see, and it will be quite discouraging, yes.

Perhaps a shift in perception is all that is required.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You have to know who your enemy is in order to be able to fight it. If we discover that the gummint is behind the attacks, then we should fight them and their Hegelian plots directly. If it really is Islamic terrorists, then we should up the security and then start thinking about why these people are so pissed off, attacking the causes of the disease rather than the symptoms. Who is behind it all doesn't change the immediate results, but it does determine the appropriate method of address.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The freedom we gain by knowing the 'whole' truth is that man can't save himself.
A war here for this reason a war there for that reason then a tsunami here and an earthquake there but still the rich get richer and most people of the world live well below the meanest of poverty lines. We can't save ourselves but God will save those who endure in their faith of His promise.
There is a "new world order" moving in (it takes alot of time and planning) where the poor are blamed for not "networking" themselves out of poverty yet geuine refugees, from countries we're bombing, can't get into countries like Australia or if they do, get locked up for years in "detention centers" the standards of which are worse than our gaols.
We accept these terrible thing we do to our fellow humans because we don't want to think we are wrong for wanting and having more and more luxuries and "freedoms" to "do what we will". It is too easy to think of those without, as undeserving. We want our leaders to tell us they only go after the "bad guys" and don't want to think that like so many "good guys" we might lose our 'stuff' and 'freedom' for no fault of our own.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Agent Smith it seems to me that your faith in authority has been shaken.

Welcome to the club.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

Agent Smith it seems to me that your faith in authority has been shaken.

Welcome to the club.

No worry's, it was already shaken a long time ago, you will see that if you speak to the others and read my other posts, I just try and take a fair viewpoint and if I think there arn't enough players on the other team I make up the numbers to try and make sure a fair match is played!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Confessing your sins?

Best you get over to the 'MI6 tried to blow up the chicago subway thread'

Not too many lads supporting that one !

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
``

yup, "all the world's a stage"

the dilemma is; Are you being forced or manipulated into the role your acting

-or-

Do you even need to 'choose a side' and assume that role & character from
the list, fashioned & approved, by the PTB and the Social Order??

choices

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I have one quote from a popular former President of the United States.

...By the time you become the leader of a country, someone else makes all the decisions. You may find you can get away with
Virtual Presidents,
Virtual Prime ministers,
Virtual Everything." - Bill Clinton

Sums up alot. Don't you think?

~Peace
~

top topics

join