It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America for Americans....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Race and nationality are two entirely separate things.

Nationality is independent of heritage.

Races: Black, white, hispanic, asian, etc...

Nationalities: American, English, Mexican, Chinese, etc...

The topic of immigration is a nationality issue, not a racial one.

Immigrate: V: To enter and settle in a country or region to which one is not native.

We clear?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thank you, Sanders. Some people cannot comprehend this idea. Nations are a melting pot. The UNited States is a prime example. There are immigrants of all shapes and colors. Skadi is skewed in her belief that Race goes hand in hand with Nationalism. The only state this would have applied to is Nazi Germany or Ancient Rome.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Race, ethnic groups. Nationalities. No, not all nations are melting pots, some are very homgenous. Japan is homogenous, so is Scandinavia.

Race and nationality go hand in hand. Look at Iraq, different ethnic groups fighting. israel, same thing. Russia, ect. Nationalism and racism seldom steer far from one another.

As i have stated, define American before we go off saying immigrants and non Americans should stay the hell out. What is an American?

Ethnic group: subdivion of a race, usually. Nations are built around related and common ethnic groups. Some arent. This nation somewhat was, in the days when only white males who owned property were considered citizens. if that has changed, then what else has changed?

Define an American, please. By YOUR definition, not out of the friggin dictionary.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a citizen of the united states of america,a serf,someone who does not pay attention to the workings of their government,someone who has no control over their government,someone who is a citizen of the only country on earth that has something resembling freedom (sorta),the liberties which WERE protected by the constitution are considered to be a blight on this planet and must be eliminated for fear that the notion of liberty may spread to other countries.The elimination of this blight has been nearly accomplished because no one has been paying attention for a long time.
I understand that this is the political mud pit,but it seems just about every thread in the forums turns into some kind of argument because of conflicting opinions,ignorance and arrogance,just like on the streets of the good old US of A.
Still wonder why we are the joke of the world do you?.
I wish this place would just hurry up and implode,so I can get on with my life,the way it is now just doesn't work.
Go ahead,find out if it is true,or just stick with what you learned in the dumbed down educational system that failed to teach you the truth.
Don't you see it?,all of this stuff you argue about is irrelevant,it keeps you distracted,it is intentional.

arc

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think more than one person misunderstood Illmatic's comment about Africa for Africans.

He wasn't saying that Africa should only have Africans in it. He said it was a stupid idea - as stupid as only having America for Americans.

In terms of people being racially offensive here - The Col certainly was, but Ill was just trying to give an example

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thank you arc! For pointing out what people arent getting. he was showing the silliness of the whole thing.

How many irish are on this board? irish Americans? Did you know that "Americans" back then didnt want the Irish here, wanted to kick them out, no irish immigrants wanted, ect, no Italians. So, hgow many of you would be Americans today if people back then made legal a "no immigrants wanted" policy?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
This is such a load of #e. America belongs to Africa? You're insane. I'm sure it's because of America that Africans mercilessly rape women, butcher children, and brutalize the weak. I suppose it's America's fault that AIDS originated there, right? And i'm sure in that militant mind of yours, South Africa is some how the debachle of America. Look at how you and colonel turned this man's thread into a racism war. You should be ashamed.

Wow, some post, totally wrong though.

Your at a conspiracy site buddy, why don't you check out the true origin of AIDS. Read about how it's a disease that purposedly was designed and placed in Africa to destroy the entire continent. It didn't poof pop out of no where. Read about the millions of dollars a medical company asked from Congress right before AIDS broke out.

So, Africa did not give us AIDS. That's a dangerously false statement.

And America does belong to the Africans. Who built America? The African slaves practically built this country from the ground up.

My post was misinterpreted, but only to a certain extent.

If you are referring to life in general, then Africa cannot take credit for that, as life arose billions of years ago when the continents were united as one... Pangaea.

And you got your information from where?

Fact 1- Africa is the oldest continent
Fact 2- The African, black, negro, 'n-word', negroid, whatever you wish to call it is the OLDEST race in the world
Fact 3- Oldest skull ever found... in Africa
Fact 4- Black have dominant genes, whites recessive. This only means whites came from blacks.
Fact 5- Blacks can have white babies, whites can't have black babies. Only confirms fact 4.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Oh yea, I didn't start this racial war here on this thread. I didn't post until the end of page 2. I'm only finishing what Colonel tried to do.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
in a perfect world we should be aloud to set up a home anywhere we want anywhere on the planet, unfortunately this isnt the case, what can i say... maybe it will change one day...

and as for the colour of skin thing, who with inteligence gives a flying f**k what colour mr.smith is, as long as mr. smith is a nice guy thats all that matters, we are all human colour of skin is tottally irrelavent..

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
in a perfect world we should be aloud to set up a home anywhere we want anywhere on the planet, unfortunately this isnt the case, what can i say... maybe it will change one day...

and as for the colour of skin thing, who with inteligence gives a flying f**k what colour mr.smith is, as long as mr. smith is a nice guy thats all that matters, we are all human colour of skin is tottally irrelavent..

Well this is the problem. This world is not perfect. And you can spout anti-racism remarks and such. We're all equal blah blah. "Who cares what color you are, as long your a good person" nonsense because people like me know that does not exist.

Racism will always be around, it will never cease.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
yes i agree with you illmatic, racism will probably allways be around, because the majority of racism comes from narrow minded people, and 95% of the population are narrow minded..

what do you suppose is done about it,

i dont belive words are racist, a word is not racist, a view is racist, so if i was to say certain words does that make me racist, it doesnt, now if i was to say something like this race is better than this race, now that could be classed as racism....

maybe we should hang all people who think they are better than anybody else... that would probably do the trick....

probably be left with about 2 million people on the planet though... but would that be such a bad thing?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This isn�t a topic about �RACE��this is a topic about �NATIONALISM�. Race and nationalism do not go hand in hand in America. We Americans are made up of every religion and ethnicity in the world. I agree, nearly all Americans were once immigrants and/or are decedents of immigrants. And the migration of all cultures to America over the last couple hundred years has been nothing less than beneficial for our society.

But when do we say �enough is enough� in terms letting more people in our country?

Times of changed, people�s ideas have changed. We are now seeing the limits of our resources.

What�s wrong in revamping immigration laws and even maybe stop naturalizing people all together? (Of course we can make exceptions such as marriage, political asylum, service in our military.)

What�s wrong in thinking ahead for our children and our children�s children?

No one is advocating the removal of present day immigrants living in America. Just stop the flow of incoming immigrants so we can divert our resources to better ourselves.

I know some of you are saying I�m white-washed, or prejudice, and even ignorant.

I�ll be open about this. I�m an American born Filipino, I�m Catholic, and received formal education from a state university. I sometimes feel people treat me in �racist� way. And most importantly of all, I have a lot of friends who are of other religion/ethic backgrounds who say the same thing as me. So no one can really say that �whites� are primarily the ones screaming �bloody murder� when asked about immigrants.

I�m sure some of you wondering, �How can someone even say America for Americans.�

Well the easiest way for me to put this is in terms of family. I do what I can in helping the needy, especially unfortunate children. But sometimes you have to ask yourself, �Is helping others taking away resources from your own family?�

Is the statement �America for Americans� racist in terms of ethnicity, religion, sexual preference? No�because Americans are made up of every ethnicity and religion in the world.

Is the statement �American for Americans� racist toward non-Americans? Yes, because we are seeking to cut the flow of incoming immigrants.

The world�s resources are not limitless, and there comes a time where you just have to stopping helping others and start helping yourself. Then maybe when the time is right, we can start helping again.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Fact 2- The African, black, negro, 'n-word', negroid, whatever you wish to call it is the OLDEST race in the world
Fact 4- Black have dominant genes, whites recessive. This only means whites came from blacks.
Fact 5- Blacks can have white babies, whites can't have black babies. Only confirms fact 4.

I would offer a rebuttal, however I would be flamed terribly it. You are opening a can of worms I don't think need to be opened here.

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by Sanders]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
..hang everyone who thinks they are better than everyone else.
You people look up to the wrong people,you would be hanging those who you respect,those who you ,believe it or not ,try to emulate,they think they are better than you and you have been fooled into respecting them,go figure out who they are.
Not who you think ...

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Would you care to back up these so-called "facts"?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would offer a rebuttal, however I would be flamed terribly it. You are opening a can of worms I don't think need to be opened here.

Seriously dude, what were you thinking, illmatic? I'll give you a hint, it has something to do with evolution and what some very ignorant people think about Africans... you don't want to start that one cuz it'll get REALLY ugly in here.

By Illmatic:
So, Africa did not give us AIDS. That's a dangerously false statement.

Uuuuuuuuuh... yeah... it did...

Illmatic was simply making a point. It goes both ways. Whites can be considered foreigners in Africa too. So should they contiue to get killed? Kicked out? ect?

No one said to kill illegal immagrants dude, chill!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Since when has Nationalism not had anything to do with race. Every single nationalistic movement in history has had to do with kicking other ethnicities out or killing them.
Ex:
1. The Balkan Wars were all about a bunch of guys with too much testosterone wanting their own countries after the Cold War and the fall of Communism. In order to get their own nations they brutally massacered every other ethnicity in their country.

2. World War Two, no need to go into this as others already have.

3.World War One, just as much to do with Nationalism as it's sequel.

4. Those idiotic wars that are taking place all across Africa right now, they are all about nationalism and killing their neighbors and cousins who are of different ethnic groups as themselves.

Ethnic "cleansing" goes hand in hand with nationalism every time. And race is the underlying issue in every discussion of immigration restrictions. Those who say "Wouldnt America be better without immigrants" is really saying "I wish we could get rid of all those dirty 'n-word's, spics and ragheads that pollute our city and cause crime and violence."

And as for all this hating on Illmatic right now, he is right on almost every point he has made. The white man has caused every single one of Africa's troubles from AIDS to the war that has enveloped the continent. We crackers have oppressed the Africans, killed them and stole their land and resources and the only things we gave them were diseases and weapons. As for Illmatic's Five Points, I am not sure about a couple, and as for the gene for black skin being dominant, I'm gonna have to call you on that, white, black, asian and latino, they are all dominant, you see skin color as a solid tone, but in truth should you take a microscope to the skin of a child descended from a sudanese and an irish, you would see both pale and dark skin cells. It is the same with all cells that hold pigment, for every living creature. But other than that, I support Illmatic on the rest of his ideas.

SAY IT LOUD BROTHER!

XAOS

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Oh, I didn't even see Gray's ignorant comment about AIDS starting in Africa. Have you even looked at the history of HIV? It appeared in San Francisco and Sweden, in the homosexual communities at the same time it occured in Africa. Are you going to tell me that suddenly, this solely African disease suddenly jumps from Heterosexuals to Gay people a world away from where it began, is that what you are saying?

XAOS

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
I gave you your little gift there, and it was NOT due to your political views, but your RACISM.

Now, would you like to retire from this BS, or should we just lock the thread, and maybe go for a few more flags?

Was this directed at Colonel?

How come he gets picked on so much? I gotta say he's got a point here!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   

If you believe in America for the Americans then I believe in Africa for the Africans.

We should rid Africa of all the pestilence, white people, and let Africa shine with black Africans and only black Africans.

That doesnt sound wise does it?

Neither does your 'America for the Americans' theory.

Glad to see you back, Illuminati, I knew you couldn't stay away from your psychotic web family for very long!

Here's the problem with your thoughts. There are many people living in Africa that have been there for quite some time, many generation even, that is not black. These people are African, nevertheless. The idea of halting immigration is not a color thing, its a "If you don't have a trade we desperately need, so sorry" type of thing. That is how most others do it, what makes you think we are supposed to take everyone?

Again, glad you're back.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join