It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America for Americans....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
ORIGINALLY POSTED BY FURY:
"you also gotta remember that Immigrants are some of the hardest workers that there are.
and these people pay taxes. "

Yep, and they take away jobs from the people who are already here because they will accept less pay. Not only that but you have to remember that there are a LOT of illegal immagrants... who do NOT pay taxes, but are still taking up jobs in this country (even if it's dishwashing or mowing lawns, it's still a job that a real citizen isn't getting).

I'm not saying they're bad people for wanting to work, but they shouldn't come here illegally... go through the process like everyone else has to. If too many people are trying to get here form your country and you can't get a spot in the line, then don't complain when we try to fix your country so people will want to stay THERE, because there's obviously something wrong with it.

P.S. I'm not directing that last comment at anyone here... just people trying to immagrate illegally.

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by Greyhaven]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I see illegal immigrants taking over jobs all the time in the high tech sectors. Just the other day i was going to my doctors appointment and my surgon was an illegal that snuck in from mexico.

I also see them all the time in forbes.

damn this serious problem.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
ORIGINALLY POSTED BY FURY:
"you also gotta remember that Immigrants are some of the hardest workers that there are.
and these people pay taxes. "

Yep, and they take away jobs from the people who are already here because they will accept less pay. Not only that but you have to remember that there are a LOT of illegal immagrants... who do NOT pay taxes, but are still taking up jobs in this country (even if it's dishwashing or mowing lawns, it's still a job that a real citizen isn't getting).

I'm not saying they're bad people for wanting to work, but they shouldn't come here illegally... go through the process like everyone else has to. If too many people are trying to get here form your country and you can't get a spot in the line, then don't complain when we try to fix your country so people will want to stay THERE, because there's obviously something wrong with it.

P.S. I'm not directing that last comment at anyone here... just people trying to immagrate illegally.

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by Greyhaven]

So you blame them or a corporation? I think this is where the minimum wage comes in but, wait, minimum wage is too high....We need slave wages to save American jobs....

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Did you ever walk to your job and find that there was an unwashed Mexican there instead? Sitting in your cubicle and eating a burrito, filling out your time sheet like he was you? Has an immigrant ever taken your job? Stop listening to the hateful rasicist views of Pat Buchanan and actually let some electricity flow through those damn neurons encased in your fat selfish skull. You have never lost your job to an immigrant. Those people have the hardest lives in America, living in ghettos, despised by the whites who falsely believe that this is their country. Since when was America designed so that the white man is supreme? If an immigrant took your job it's because you didn't work hard enough you lazy bast*rd. This is a capitalist country with a free economy (or at least it's designed that way) and those who work hardest are the ones who succeed. There are no laws that say that every fat white American deserves a job. Jobs go to those who will give the jobs their best, people who have nothing else. And yet we strive to keep them down.

Our real enemies are the corporations, who use slave labor to cheaply produce products that are shipped to America. These companies biggest market is Americans, and yet they go to other countries to have their products made. These are some of the biggest countries in the world, making zillions of dollars in profit. They don't need slave labor, yet they still use it. Why? Because the only important people in the company are the executives, people who have manipulated the system, the least important people in the company, people who literally do nothing, and yet are still paid the most. If members of Government, like the president and the congressmen, decided to tax us up the wazoo, remove our benefits as citizens and give themselves millions of dollars would you stand for it? My guess is that you wouldn't, and yet it is perfectly okay for CEOs to do this. Corporations are the ones stealing jobs from Americans, immigrants and long time citizens alike.

Don't turn your back on the immigrants, for it is with their hands that America was built.

XAOS

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I just would like to ask two things of immigrants -

1. Please learn to speak english, it makes things a lot easier for everyone. At least TRY.

2. Please try to avoid bringing cultural rituals/traditions to this country that negatively affect the well-being of others or living things (Mexican bull-torturing anyone?).

I am not saying that bull-torturing is going on in the US, but it could happen in the near future.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   
what if i and my countrymen were of the opinion that pumpkins were sentient, and you needed in the worst way to come to my country. Leave Halloween at home, and speak our language (BTW English is one of the hardest languages to learn; I know because i volunteer at an ESL classroom for adults.) My example is off the wall, but i'm sure u understand the sentiment. It's extremely hard to find a Job, and a place to live if you live in mexico. I know, I work with Illegal Immigrants, and help them take care of their kids while they go work construction of YOUR new condow for 10 hours a day, raking in a healthy half of what a white construction worker earns. Things are not as easy as it seems for illegals. And I do understand how you feel. I used to feel the same way until I started working with them on a daily basis. My reason for changing my opinion? I realized they were PEOPLE just like me.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hi all I am back after a long hiatus. But to comment on this subject, I am also a Native American (Cherokee). What I don't like is how whites do falsely believe this country is theirs. I am not against immigration though, I just think it brings in the good right along with the bad. I just think a new system should be developed. That way people can come in the legal way. I live in south texas and we have a lot of crime down here because of criminals coming across the Texas border. The mexican mafia pretty much controls large portions of the Texan border, and has paid off a lot of border patrol agents. I just think something should be done.

P.S. How did this topic go from immigration to racism?..lol. If anything, white people can be considered immigrants too. My ancestors lived here before the land was taken from them by greed.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Most hilarious. Here the colonel tries to tell someone what they can say and think, right out of the starting gate of this thread even, and then sounds like Archie Bunker, "Some of my best friends are Indians". LOL! Very, very un-liberal, if I may say so myself. Goes to prove that whether the system be far left or far right, the people will get treated the same.

The idea of immigration is not to be a big benevolent entity, but to receive what your nation needs in the workforce. For years, we ranted about the liberal morons allowing the gangbangers from islands like Jamaica to come in and rock our boat, and encouraging illegal immigrants to flow over our borders *Cutting eyes sharply at Gray Davis*, but has the Bush administration done a thing to repair the system?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
A couple things to say:
1. DWOMT points out a very important point in that "White" people, for lack of a better term, did force the Native American people from the lands they inhabited. I say inhabited because ownership of land isn't possible by anyone really, but can be agreed upon that a certain person or people have authority over the actions that reside within.

2. Illegal's take jobs that most lazy americans would never do anyway, but would do if such jobs paid wages that were appropriate. So who is the real criminal destroying America now? Is it the immigrant who works like a dog for sorry crap wages? Or the greedy capitalist who sells out his fellow countrymen and defrauds the system by employing slave labor for sorry crap wages? After all nobody is stopping any healthy american from joining the others hard at work in the fields for those crap wages.

3. The idea of America was an idea in favor of supporting anybody and everybody who also supported that same idea. America's culture is the result of mixing other cultures together and has resulted in what is now considered to be American. When you forget the fact that the roots of American culture includes many cultures intermixed, then the conflicting ideas that make up America begin fighting for authority over the others, which is the exact opposite of what it America stands for. America once meant freedom for ALL who wanted it as long as it didn't infringe on the freedom of others. The Majority decides the direction of Society, while at the same time respecting and protecting the freedoms and ideas of the Minority. That idea has been lost and replaced by the Ruling Power of Corperate and Criminal influence in control of the Policies of Government so that the masses of people are ruled while the minority retain the Economic and Polictical influence, and with no respect toward either side's freedoms.

Can anyone tell me what Advantages people get just because they are citizens of America? Excluding the advantage of not being subject to the penalties of the non-citizens of course. Cause the last time I checked I didn't get anything just because I was born here. I wasn't born into slavery like some countries but I wasn't given any shortcuts either, just a basic clean start like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Were all Immigrants to America. Even the Native Americans migrated from Asia thousands of years ago. Immigration is fine, and what feeds and keeps us alive and pumping.

Illegal immigration is the problem. Undocumented people that havent been checked are the hazard, not legal ones who have been approved and let in. Legal immigrants do contribute. They bring yummy food, interesting cultural beliefs, and new perspective, plus its really neat when you see a legal immigrant come from some third world #hole with nothing in thier pockets and end up with great sucess or simply, settiling down and building a life.

Its when they sneak into the country that they are a problem. When they sneak in, they could be carrying disease, or plan on criminal activity, or even terrorism, or many bad things. Not all illegals, but if you dont document, do background checks, and medical exams, how will you know?

We need to clamp down on illegals and tighten up the borders, especially with current international threats, but should always make sure that those who really want to come here and participate and get away from thier own hellish countries always have the option to do so, otherwise, we may as well get rid of the Statue of Liberty.

We also need to let skilled labor in from not so poor countries, like in Europe, because not just the poor immigrants, but we also need educated minds from everywhere to contribute, invent, and innovate.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury

Originally posted by Colonel
Ok, sellout Asian. I heard your two cents. Let me give you a clue. You will never EVER be white...no matter how hard you try so you should stop acting like them.

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by Colonel]

what the hell does that have to do with being white?

Colonel, I see you changed your post. Fortunately, your changing of your post does not change the quote of it.

I see now that you are no longer mildly amusing, but a full-blown genuine piece of vile, disgusting art. The kind filthy organizations try and claim is protected.
You are the poster boy for Deny Ignorance

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I would suggest some informative reading,no one person is to blame for the state of affairs in the US,what has happened is we have all been fleeced while we sit and ogle our TV,we have been distracted.
The book I am recomending is not for the faint of heart.
-Cracking the Code Third Edition BB&C of America.-

Most all of the problems we face now can be traced to their origins with the help of this book.

But don't stop there.

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
If members of Government, like the president and the congressmen, decided to tax us up the wazoo, remove our benefits as citizens and give themselves millions of dollars would you stand for it?

Ummmmm they do.... and we do....

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
We have all we can handle here,skilled laborers,unskilled laborers aplenty,unemployed.

Until the economy picks back up,and don't get sucked into believing it is,cause it isn't,we should try to get our own people here back into the workforce.

Immigrants only add to the problems we already have with employment,you can say they have a good work ethic,whatever,they work for less,(nothing like guaranteeing that some will never get their job back ya know,that's constructive!).

It seems everyone forgets what really needs to be done,always worrying about the rights of those who are not even citizens,to hell with them,let's fix it for those of us here and now.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think it would be pretty cool if the borders were closed and immigration were stopped on 9/12 the day after 9/11,free movement within borders,illegal immigrants out,no more allowed in ,period.

That would have made sense!,why would a country want to allow people to so freely enter or have acces to a country while such a dangerous threat was proved to be existent?.

Just think how many people it would take to man the borders,lots of unemployed people would get jobs that did not exist until then.

America,land of the free,For Americans.

It might already be happening.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanders

If members of Government, like the president and the congressmen, decided to tax us up the wazoo, remove our benefits as citizens and give themselves millions of dollars would you stand for it?

Ummmmm they do.... and we do....

Bull***T.
Now I am liberal and mostly anti-authoritarian and I see in no way how the government is raising our taxes to sky high limits and raising their salaries to tens of millions of dollars. They are giving tax breaks in the middle of a recession, how loose with money can this country be. They are no where near the levels of corruption that exist in corporations, though many congressment and high level members of the executive branch have been parts of these companys.

And unbalanced, the day that America stops accepting immigrants is the day She loses her identity.

XAOS

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Bull***T.
Now I am liberal and mostly anti-authoritarian and I see in no way how the government is raising our taxes to sky high limits and raising their salaries to tens of millions of dollars. They are giving tax breaks in the middle of a recession, how loose with money can this country be. They are no where near the levels of corruption that exist in corporations, though many congressment and high level members of the executive branch have been parts of these companys.

And unbalanced, the day that America stops accepting immigrants is the day She loses her identity.

XAOS

I didn't mean it in terms of their salaries, although they have been recently raised as well. The higher-ups all make 6 figure salaries... But what I meant was that there are millions of dollars of taxpayer money that are used to fuel their agendas, agendas not in the best interests of the American people. So while the money doesn't go straight into their pocket, it is used for their purposes so it might as well be. The rights of the every day American are slowly eroding every day... and we are taxed "out the wazoo" by the federal government, an act in and of itself entirely unconstitutional.

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by Sanders]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Preserving that identity may be her undoing,however unfair it may be to those who come here to milk it and go back home with an education etc.

Things change,America needs to change back to something that worked before.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm not for illegal immigration by any means, but those of you opposed to any and all immigration, have you forgotten... "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   

ORIGINALLY POSED BY COLONEL "THE IGNORANT":
So you blame them or a corporation? I think this is where the minimum wage comes in but, wait, minimum wage is too high....We need slave wages to save American jobs....

I know lots of illegals who work for half min-wage. My father used to own a construction company (He made sure all his employees were legal if there was any question). I know for a fact that illegals are willing to work for crap wages on construction and things because they KNOW they can't get any kind of job that requires proof of citizenship CUZ THEY DON'T HAVE IT! And most consturction companies will pick them up no problem cuz they know they'll work hard and they know they work cheap. And the illegals know they'll never be asked for their green-card working construction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join