It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India/Pakista/Turkey Military Rankings

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Having money does not mean high military strenght. Analytically I would say
1) USA
2) China
3) Russia
4) India
5) UK
6) Turkey
7) France
8) Pakistan
9) Japan
10) Israel

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
PAKISTAN ARMY is the best all over the world in all aspects.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
very few people on this forum (or anywhere else for that matter) will commend a post that has their country ranked a bit lower than what they feel it should be..

THe post is about turkey , India and Pakistan..
The guy still hasn't answered WHY he had a tough time ranking these three??!!

Also Each military is adjusted to suit its terrain..
So while India may not have that much of a difficulty adjusting to temperate climate, other "not so globally endowned " countries may have problems adjusting to climates which are not prevalent anywhere on their soil..

This is where I think Australia would fair well (The climate issue) but the whole "We've only got 60,000" in manpower thing is a real downer.

My List:

1)USA (No need for me to even argue this point).
2)Russia and China tie for second, Russia's Nukes push it even with China IMO.
4)North Korea (Sheer manpower, and hardened troops, poor equipment leaves doubts in my mind though)
5)Israel (Very high tech and I think capable of being a VERY powerful army, If being attacked, along with China, the majority of their citizens have military training)
6)India
7)UK (Tradition, and having great troops helps)
8)France(Tradition, nukes, etc.)
9)Iran (Could be ranked higher, but the secrecy about their military puts me off, potentially top 5 material).
10)Germany (Ability to mobilise is quite good)
11) South Korea (Going out on a limb here, dont quite know much about them, but Ive heard good things).
12)Pakistan (Nukes Help)

From 4-9, It is VERY close, very hard to split, and if any were in a war with eachother any result could happen.

Ive probably forgot a country or two here, if so please correct me

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The turks are not blessed with an abundance of natural resources or large expanse of fertile land, you see what theyve done with what they have, now imagine a turkic race with a large landmass, oil, room for population growth, everyone else (would be enemies) should be thankful of the relative poverty of the turkish nation at this point of time. If the turkic nations ever unite, there WILL BE a new world order, aheyyyyyy.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
China's is no were near Russia, if you look at China's military hardware Russia is FAR ahead of it in ALL areas.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The mujahideen one? The Taleban one?
Which one?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by the_sarge

hey guys ... i wanna say one thing here which will make a big diference in india and pakistan.....
this is the expences of india and the technology of armour they used against pakistan when pakistani army was very new and when pakistan doesnt have good technology ...

read this ....... i know many people will vote against this but the truth is truth . and truth is always bitter...

Subject: India vs Great Pakistan

Pakistan--------------------India

Indian expences

$2.7 Billion (Yearly Military Expense) $14,018.8 Million
3.9% (% of GNP) 2.4%
17 (Min. Enlist Age) 17
39,793,586 (Available Manpower) 293,677,117
550,000 (Active Military) 1,100,000
400,000 (Frontline Personnel) 800,000
1,012 ( Aircraft) 3,382
3,445 (Armor) 5,112
3,952 (Artillery) 7,169
2,100 (Missile Defense) 7,400
3,025 (Infantry Support) 7,100

And still Pakistan defeated them in 1948, 1965 and Kargil war. I know Indian will start to defend the defeat in above mentioned wars therefore I explain the victory of Pakistan below.

1948 War?Pakistan freed one- third (1/3) Kashmir in 1948 war known as AZAD |KASHMIR which clearly shows that Pakistan won against India.

1965 War?I personally believe that Pakistan won the 1965 war as India invaded war against Pakistan and Pakistan army successfully defend their country. For instant if I accept the Indian claim that 1965 war was a level war, no one win no one lose than I am afraid Pakistan won the war as they fight with 10 time bigger country/army.

Kargil War? I can?t stop my laugh when Indians say that they won the Kargil War. Whole world knows that how Pakistan army slaughtered Indian army. Just consider some of the following facts;-

Pakistan army was much less in numbers in Kargil war we can explain it in ratio as 1:30 (one man of Pakistan army and 30 men of Indian army) Pakistan didn?t put enough army because they tried to show them as kashmiri mujahidin . Pakistan army only used guns against India (they were not able to use air force, tanks and missile etc as they showed their army as kashmiri mujahidin) and as we all know in response Indian army used air force, tanks, chemical weapon etc and still they can?t beat Pakistan army. Pakistan shot down two of their fighter aircraft and destroyed two weapon stores, number of tanks and countless indian army members.

not even this read the history you will get to no many things............
pakistani army ssg commandos are at 3rd in world ranking............

i could say it prodly that pakistani army is one of the world strongest
army...

may be indian army is bigger in numbers but not in power....

recently pakistani army has upgrated....

pakistani army is surely better than india.........

you can see the arjunk tank which is made recently by india but failed
and pakistani tank al-khalid mbt 2000 gets great success...

pakistani army is better than india..........

live long pakistan...........

pakistan have beaten india many times when they did not have that much technology when pakistan was a new state... but now pakistan have the worlds modern tanks ,air crafts and the strongest army .......

live long pakistan....

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
1 usa (like always)
2 china
3 russia
4 israel
5 turkey

i don't know why india, pakistan AND GERMANY??????? are in the top 10...

perhaps they have a lot of soldiers but that doesn't mean that they are strong, and germany isn't so strong like the nazi-army, the army of germany now and the army of the nazi time is so different like heavywight-champion mike tyson and the poor mike tyson now...

i think when an ohter country would start a war against one of this countries they would lose brutally...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If not a defensive war:

1. USA
2. Russia
3. China
4. France
5. UK
6. Germany
7. Japan
8. India
9. Pakistan
10. Italy

I don't see how people can put Turkey in the top ten. I hardly see Israel there either but for different reasons: troops, no proof of real efficient power for many years, only good public relations and spies.

If a war went global, count the US with all EU and you got the winner, if earth still exists.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by USA888

That's stupid to say india has a large population so they go higher then experence. It's not true i would put experence higher then numbers. Numbers mean nothing. What you really need to be the best it technology, skill and leadership.

We all no that USA/UK/CHINA/RUSSIA ETC are all the strongest but Turkey has suprised me over the years. They have Ultimate leadership skills and up to date technology. Also the numbers of army size is big and in Turkey ever man has to train for 2 years natonal service. So if called upon and funded they would be the force to beat. We know they don't have nukes there but with past alies like Russia i don't think it would be hard for them to get it. Also they are very close to Isral and have milatry partnership.

So out of the three i would put

1- Turkey
2- India
3- Pakistan (close 3rd)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I know a lot of people turned this into a top 10 of military. but based on the 3 you specified this is my ranking.
1. Turkey.
Location, plus the Turkish are known fighters. the mobility of their military is highly capible, and the Turkish are patrolled and used to fghting on all borders. (armenia, pkk in northern iraq, eastern trukey, etc...) Look at the history if the ottoman empire, the Turks have a fighting spirit about them that you cant count out.
2. India.
The increse in arms capabilities the last 10 years or so, plus a huge population makes them somewhat of a threat. dont think they are as mobile or well trained as the Turks, but consider them more powerful than their neighbor.
3. Pakistan.
Not a weak force at all, but proper training and arms might be somewhat of a weakness. powerful in their own right but i dont think on the level of the other 2 listed.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by siddarthpanditv

It Should be:

1. USA
2. Russia
3. China
4. India
5. Germany
6. France
7. Japan
8. Turkey
9. Brazil
10.United Kingdom.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mrbule

Lol Be Dreaming ........ Turkey can never overcome India in anyway

India
Turkey
Porkisthan

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
the sikhs in india alone could take out pakistan and turkey. ask the moghuls and pathans about us.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbule

thats true, ofcourse
1. Turkey
2. India
3. Pakistan

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Rankings like this are stupid. Most people commenting wouldn't have a clue on the individual nations involved.

Those who think Turkey is a top 10 ranked country military wise, did you factor in the fact they are fighting a decades old civil war against Kurdish seperatists, nearly 40,000 lives lost so far, and Turkey is still unable to put the PKK down?

That should tell you about their capability to fight a war.

Second, do some research on the Turkeys naval capability in NATO. They once(at least once that we know about) had their ship during a NATO naval exercise put in the lead of the pack charged with steering the flotila in the right direction. They took the NATO naval group off course by many miles. Old story but entertaining when reading some responses here ranking Turkey in top 5/6 lol.

How many fighter aircraft does Turkey design and produce of its own? None.
How many tanks and armoured vehicles does Turkey design and produce of its own? Some, but the majority are licensed copies with modification from others. The Firtina howitzer for example is a licensed copy of a Korean howitzer with some variations, the upcoming Turkish "indigenous" tank will also be a licensed copy with variations of the Korean K2.
Even their recent missile acquisitions are nothing more then Chinese license produced copies with Turkish names. The FNSS PARS or however they call it, is just a licensed copy.

Attack helicopters? For over 10 years they've been talking about it. Now they are saying they will license produce Italian choppers.

Although these rank lists are stupid, heres a logical, realistic one.

1. USA
2. Russia
3. China
4. UK
5. France
6. Germany
7. India
8. Italy
9. Spain
10. South Korea/Japan

These countries are either producing their own weapons of every kind, have the capability to do so and are currently in the process, or are capable of destroying the planet single handedly. Turkey and Pakistan do not factor into anything related to being a military power. Regional powers, yes. But top 10 military power? Someone's having a laugh.

And no Pakistan is not capable of destroying the planet as they lack the delivery systems. India on the other hand is reaching for the moon, building carriers and so on.

If your going to list them, you may as well list Australia, Greece, and other similar countries with highly capable and trained armed forces, right up there along side them.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by BLV12]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

HEY INDIA IS ON 3rd and ISRAEL is on 5th , AMERICA is on the top and JAPAN is on 2nd , CHINA is on 4th,GERMANY is not in TOP 5

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join