It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India/Pakista/Turkey Military Rankings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Originally posted by wildcat
The US fought in Europe too, and was going through a devastating depression with a lack of food supply.

A lack of food suppy!!. oh, that explains why they were exporting it under lend-lease to the Soviets and British

And did the Chinese free the Philippines? Did they ever fight at the Battle of Iwo Jima and win? I think not.

Are they the only battles listed in US history books?. Im sure the Australians, British, Chinese and Indians would appricate those battles being labelled as defining moments of WW2 history

It was bad farming times

They are called US History Books, not a world history books.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Last time I studied one was a long time ago, so please excuse my clouded memory. If I were studying one right now, I wouldn't be learning about World War 2 yet.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Now, this thread is way off topic. It is about India, Pakistan and Turkey, not the US, Russia and China.

[edit on 25-11-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It was bad farming times

By 1940 it wasn't

History books published in the US not the history of the US.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

It was bad farming times

By 1940 it wasn't

History books published in the US not the history of the US.

If you think so then why don't you show me actual proof from a history book printed in the US, it's your argument.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If you think so then why don't you show me actual proof from a history book printed in the US, it's your argument.

your quote i used was intepreted as "Thats why they are called US history books not world history books"

Im talking about the fact that you point to two of the largest battles the US undertook to understate chinas involvment in the war. Here is the quote im refering to "And did the Chinese free the Philippines? Did they ever fight at the Battle of Iwo Jima and win? I think not."

History books in other countries put different events to highlight the wars progress. You clearly are only mentioning US battles to highlight the combinded deficency of the "allied" war effort

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

your quote i used was intepreted as "Thats why they are called US history books not world history books"

Im talking about the fact that you point to two of the largest battles the US undertook to understate chinas involvment in the war. Here is the quote im refering to "And did the Chinese free the Philippines? Did they ever fight at the Battle of Iwo Jima and win? I think not."

History books in other countries put different events to highlight the wars progress. You clearly are only mentioning US battles to highlight the combinded deficency of the "allied" war effort

Yes, and that is a part of our propaganda effort. I tell you, almost every time a show on TV has something to do with the US military, they always have to "acknowledge" that we are the best. But sometimes we don't necessarily do that like in some military weapons and vehicles rating shows. Some may assume that in a episode of ranking tanks we would automatically rate our Abrams as number one but we didn't, we rated some Soviet tank in WWII as number 1.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ermm.. the role of India is slightly complicated..
The fag end of the world war coincided with the independance movement in India and if the war had not ended when it had, there was a strong chance that the military wing of the independance movement would have allied with the Japanese.
Infact the Japanese had promised the 'liberation' of the Indian subcontinent and the reinstatement of an indian governing body. The was acontinuous contact between this military wing and the Japanese right until 1945.
Since the military wing was mostly non-partisan,its plausible that if India would have been liberated through a military uprising supported by the Japanese, Pakistan would not have existed.
However the comlpications that would have arised from the same..well
would have been extremely complex!!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I do believe some indian forces had already joined the japanese, what a coup would that have been if Indians liberated India. On the down side, you might have ended up like the Finnish in the war

But the point was the US did not single handedly defeat the japanese and was a effort among the "allies"

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I do believe some indian forces had already joined the japanese, what a coup would that have been if Indians liberated India. On the down side, you might have ended up like the Finnish in the war

But the point was the US did not single handedly defeat the japanese and was a effort among the "allies"

And I never said that the US did that. I was only tying to point out that what did China do to weaken Japan.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Japan even after they destroyed most of the Pacific fleet.

You do realise that the japanese were fighting the chinese, british india and other countries like Australia as well.

China alone had 1 million japanese soldiers and a large number of japanese fighters fighting there

The US fought in Europe too, and was going through a devastating depression with a lack of food supply. And did the Chinese free the Philippines? Did they ever fight at the Battle of Iwo Jima and win? I think not.

btw if you don't remember Normandy never took place until 1944, so there were 2 years were the US was only fighting in the pacific, north africa doesn't really count. plus i don't think there was any food shortage, the US experience great economic growth during the war, not a recession...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Indeed;

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

very interesting

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Daedalus3,

Are they treated as nationalist/heros in India?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
yes they are..
every aspect of the independance movement is sacred..irrespective of the approach, whether it be of gandhian non-violence or Bose-style military uprising..

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by INc2006

You do realise that the japanese were fighting the chinese, british india and other countries like Australia as well.

China alone had 1 million japanese soldiers and a large number of japanese fighters fighting there

The US fought in Europe too, and was going through a devastating depression with a lack of food supply. And did the Chinese free the Philippines? Did they ever fight at the Battle of Iwo Jima and win? I think not.

btw if you don't remember Normandy never took place until 1944, so there were 2 years were the US was only fighting in the pacific, north africa doesn't really count. plus i don't think there was any food shortage, the US experience great economic growth during the war, not a recession...

Didn't the US not enter the war until after Pearl Harbor?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
lol

china was the major battle field for the "far east section" of the WWII

the sino-japanese war started before the war in europe and ended after the european war.

the sino-japanese war last eight years, and china alone had approximately 20000000 people died in the war.

china suffered badly from lack of government leadership, and had a civil war at the same time.
It performed rather poorly against the japanese force, but ever the less, china had kept a huge portion of the japanese force busy.

As one of the major players in WWII , china became one of the five founders of the United Nations, after the end of WWII (USA, Russia, UK, France, and China), as a mark of its huge contribution to WWII.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Didn't the US not enter the war until after Pearl Harbor?

LMAO and when exactly do you think Pearl harbor happened?, pearl harbor happened in 1942. so two years, the US wasn't doing nothing but fighting the japs...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
As I said before, my memory is cloudy.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
actually my memory is cloudy too, the US entered the war in 1941 to be precise....

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

actually my memory is cloudy too, the US entered the war in 1941 to be precise....

Are you kidding? It's not funny if you are. Your lack of punctuation as an insult is lame. That is something on this thread that many people like to use.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by wildcat]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join