It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support the Troops, But not the War?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

If that IED blew up your starbucks I'm sure you would agree that your own behaviour in regards to the troops is an outrage

You bet
Starbucks is the second best place on earth. If anyone blows up my local starbucks they're dead.

Ever seen that movie Munich? Something like that.....

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
double post, sorry

[edit on 17/2/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
What do you mean by "Support the Troops"?

GREAT question!
I'm sure it can be interpreted many ways. To me, it means that even though I disagree with what they're doing, I am thankful to them and I respect them because of their intent to fight for their country and my freedom.

I have also written my congressmen many times to tell them what I think and what I will vote for and against in this regard.

How about getting rid of the government that send it's citizens to die in illegal wars?

You can bet I'm doing all I can on that one!

Oh, and I don't have any magnets on my car.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hello Friends:

I think that the American society gear us to do "Something for our
country"since we are little kids we are bombarded with the ideal
of fighting to protect our Nation. We have cartoons like"captain
America" and Sarget Rock, toys like G.I. Joe that at one time was very popular. The Boy Scouts, Civil Air Patrol and military Academies.
So, when a person becomes a soldier it is our duty to support them
there are many dificult reasons for this. I remember when I was in the
U.S. Navy long time ago in 1983 the use to make us say at loud "For
us is not to question why...For us is to do or die!!!
So, no mater how unpopular a war may be and to me wars are allways
bad and unpopular support our soldier it may be you neighbor,your father,
your son. They are only doing a job the sing up to do,like the rest of us,
they are just going by, trying to survive!!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
warriorwolfpr:

So, when a person becomes a soldier it is our duty to support them
there are many dificult reasons for this.

How very fascist. So any reprobate criminal rapist who dons a uniform immediately deserves our respect?

Um, riiiight. The Army has just as many whackos and nutjobs as you see on the streets. Some are good people, some are definitely not.

To support them all blindly is wrong. Joining the Army doesn't make you a hero. It's a job. it's a choice. You KNOW that you may be risking your life.

But that's what a soldier's job is. He's meat for the grinder. Nothing but bone and gristle to be used in whatever way his superiors feel they should.

That's why free will is stamped out of you in basic training.

jako

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Um, riiiight. The Army has just as many whackos and nutjobs as you see on the streets. Some are good people, some are definitely not.

That's a very broad statement that applies with all groups of people.

But that's what a soldier's job is. He's meat for the grinder. Nothing but bone and gristle to be used in whatever way his superiors feel they should.

No disagreement from me

That's why free will is stamped out of you in basic training.

Hah! Have any examples? Why do you say that?

Yeah you may have one or two losers that got the freewill stamped out of 'em....but that's not enough to generalize the entire military.

[edit on 17/2/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
SportMB: Basic training is designed to get you to act first without thinking. To follow orders IMMEDIATELY.

Thus the 4am reveille. The constant bombardment of the senses. The total lack of sleep. The repetition. The monotony. The verbal abuse.

All designed to make you more sheeplike so that if you're ordered to do something that goes against your morals

youdon'tthinkyoujustdoit

and then you relive the horror of it for the rest of your life.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

SportMB: Basic training is designed to get you to act first without thinking. To follow orders IMMEDIATELY.

Could be the difference between life and death.

Thus the 4am reveille. The constant bombardment of the senses. The total lack of sleep. The repetition. The monotony. The verbal abuse.

I bet that training comes in handy when captured or sleeping in a fox hole for the night.

All designed to make you more sheeplike so that if you're ordered to do something that goes against your morals

That's a matter of opinion and perspective.

youdon'tthinkyoujustdoit

Sometimes in battle there's no time to think. You just react, this is when all your "worthless sheeplike" training comes in handy.

and then you relive the horror of it for the rest of your life.

Some do some don't, not everyone shares the same perspective as you do.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by CogitoErgoSum1]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join