It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton decides to confirm John Roberts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

Senator Hillary Clinton has confided to associates that she intends to vote FOR Bush Supreme Court nominee John Roberts, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Unless some unforeseen development occurs around Roberts, Clinton will throw her support behind confirmation, says a top source.

"Look, we're not thrilled President Bush is in office and gets to make these choices," said a top Hillary source, "but we have to make the best of the situation until the next election!"

With her support of Roberts, Clinton ignores pressure from the reactionary-activist wing of the Democrat party.

"She is simply doing what is right for the country, not MOVEON.ORG," the Clinton insider explained.

alrighty!!!, lets see if the other Democrats like Senator Kennedy would follow Hillary's lead. if they try to block Roberts, it be a losing situation for them.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
thats the only smart thing i think hillary has done

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Proud_Red29]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Dang, now that was a clever political move! No matter what happens now, she'll be able to rise above it and call everyone but herself a partisan shill. On top of that, even if she somehow does win the presidency in '08, she'll be able to say she worked with the republicans on their nomination, so they should work with her as well.

A very clever political move.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hmmm...she's probably the only 2008 Democratic presidential hopefull that could do it, since I doubt her liberal credentials are in question at all with the base. But it still could be a risky move, if Roberts is confirmed and votes to overturn Roe v. Wade before 2008, voting to confirm him could be hung around her head like a stone by her primary opponents.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I really hope hillary doesnt run... she is too much of a love hate person....

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So, who's this source?

I noticed the article left them unnamed.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Looks like it might just be another rumor on the Hill, like the one about Rehnquist retiring. What's interesting about this one, though, is that I've not heard nor seen anything from Clinton confirming or rejecting the rumor.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think she said she'd probably vote for him and just being conservative wouldn't keep her from voting on him, but I don't think she promised to do it.

Here's something I found, doesn't look like she's made any decision:

It is very interesting to see how Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, will vote on the Roberts nomination. Should she back him, she will be defying her core constituency — the abortion-rights group NARAL Pro-Choice America. For now, her vote for Roberts might win her points in moving to the center. But if Roberts votes against Roe, Hillary will have a very hard time explaining her support for him, especially if Sens. John Kerry (Mass.), Evan Bayh (Ind.) and Joe Biden (Del.) — her potential Democratic rivals in 2008 — vote against his confirmation.

On the other hand, if Hillary joins what is likely to be a small minority of Democrats in opposing Roberts, she is belying her supposed move to the center and showing that, when the chips are down, she will tack to the Left. In posing such a dilemma for Mrs. Clinton, Bush has again shown his capacity for deft political maneuver.

www.frontpagemag.com...

[edit on 7/27/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
For those who havn't learned this by now, Hillary Clinton will vote however she thinks will get her elected. She is a total political whore, worse than her husband.

top topics

join