It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increasing Brain cells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Is there a way to increase the amount of brain cells that you have ?
I mean before you are 18.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Unless technology developes enough you cant but if you train your whole life you can not live up to your full brain potential. so try to increase your brain cell connections thats the important part.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
How do you create new connections within your brain ?
And if you do, are you using more of your brain cells ?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
See the more we do math the more we get proficient , the more we ride a bike the better we ride it so. If you want to improve yourself in let;s say drums listen to very complicated beats or if you want to increase your reading skill try to rush while reading and try to recall what you read. What is ti speciffically you want to improve?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by siddharthsma
How do you create new connections within your brain ?
And if you do, are you using more of your brain cells ?

suggested viewing: " What The Bleep Do We Know "

Almost all of humanity's brains operate under the same rules. In psychology and neurobiology it is refered to as "The Law of Association".

"The Law of Association" dictates that consciously you can only accept and integrate a new truth through stimulis experienced only if you have already chosen to accept certain truths that are prerequisites that permit you to add on the new truth.

In other words you must first know 1, 2, and 3 before you can fully understand the concept of 4.

Our brain cells must form relationships (connections) for synapses or paths through the law of association in order for us to learn and integrate and accept new ideas.

In order to accept new ideas, pre-existing ideas must first be accepted at the conscious level. It is in effect our state of mind that effects our learning, and regulates what information we accept as true.

fact: Most people's brain consciously operates at a speed of 2,000 bits of information per second. These sparks of electricity between brain cells in our frontal lobes (forehead, and top of forehead) create 2,000 sparks a minute. The frontal lobes (forehead part of brain) is where our identity and conscious self is thinking and integrating thought.

However our subconscious brain operates at a speed of 400,000,000,000 bits of information per second.

All information we recieve from all sensory input (taste, hearing, sight, touch, smell) first gets presented to our subconscious mind, then it is "filtered" through and our conscious state of mind (our attitude towards the world" allows for certain information to be presented to our conscious portion of our mind which is how we experience the world.

Examples:

1) Have you ever been having a conversation in a crowded room/area where other people are talking as well? Were you listening to all of the conversations, or just paying attention to the person you were talking to?
Truth is your subconscious heard and recorded all that was said by everyone in earshot. Do you really think you weren't hearing everything? You just chose not to pay attention.

2) Peel an orange and put it in front of you on the table or desk. After about 10 or 15 minutes you can no longer smell the orange. Is it because the orange no longer creates an odor? No, the constant input of the orange is no longer stimulus your brain considers to be neccesary, so consciously you no longer smell the orange.

The point is that most people are only choosing to take in information about reality that is most self serving for them. Primarily because at the cellular level and macro-organism level we are all working at fullfilling the command of SELF PRESERVE (self before serve).

There for most people are only willing to take in information that is most self serving. They are only witnessing information about thier environment, bodies, and time. Because these three things are what is most self serving for them.

RECAP:
consciously: 2,000 bits of information per second
subconsciously: 400,000,000,000

drop 3 zeros and pay attention to this analogy:

Think of your brain as your own personal aircraft or jet.

You have a personal jet capable of travelling at a speed of 400 million miles per hour. most people because they are self serving are only permitting themselves to travel at 2 miles per hour, therefore they are never going to get off the ground (reach their true potential).

Tips on how to utilize more of your brain cells on the conscious level:

1) Keep your own personal journal/diary, knowing that NO ONE ELSE will ever read it. This journal/diary will not be written for anyones benefit but you. And knowing this will permit you to write down your truest thoughts.
You know you have slight changes in your personality when dealing with your mother, father, boss, children, girlfriend/boyfriend, etc .....
Find your true face, without all the masks, by writing your thoughts down for only you, knowing no one else will ever read them in your lifetime.

2) Upon awakening write down what you remember about your dreams, this is your subconscious talking to your conscious mind.

3) DON'T be judgemental or objective, permit yourself to take in information without letting your emotions dictate for you what you choose to take in.

4) Find the easiest way for you to record information, the easiest way for you to learn. Find something in your mind that helps you relate new information with the least amount of resistance, the least amount of brain power.

Remember, we may not be able to grow new brain cells after a certain age, but we can "defrag" our brain from time to time and rearrange connections to better fit our cognitive skills.

Suggested viewing: The movie/DVD "What The Bleep Do We Know", i doubt you'll be dissapointed, and it may help your further understand a few things.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I have A.D.D., does this mean my "processing speed" is even slower? (ADD is frontal lobe/dopamene related).

Edit: Or lapses of slow processing speeds

[edit on 7-8-2005 by the_individualist]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_individualist
I have A.D.D., does this mean my "processing speed" is even slower? (ADD is frontal lobe/dopamene related).

Edit: Or lapses of slow processing speeds

[edit on 7-8-2005 by the_individualist]

I am unsure. I doubt it though. I just don't see how there can be less electrical sparks between brain cells in a brain that has just as much water in it.

I also refuse to accept that there is a norm. That is to say: I don't accept the idea that people with "learning dissabilities" are somehow less intellectual than people who supposedly don't have them. Truth is anyone who has chosen to accept a truth that in there judgement is true, but may not be true, has by definition a "learning dissability", and the truth is this describes just about everyone.

A.D.D. is a label placed on an idea by a group of people who may not acknowledge their own learning set-backs.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm not sure if you're trying to say A.D.D. is fake, but, disorder or not, believe me, it's real.

I heard this one theory before that put forth the idea that A.D.D. type personalities stemmed from the hunter/gatherer period (Neolithic specifically, when farming was introduced), the farmers were good at doing the same thing for a long time: planting crops, etc., while the hunters went to new spots to hunt all the time. They also had to shift tracks of focus rapidly, like when some game got away, they couldn't think about it and just had to move on to the next thing. The hyperfocusing could be explained by trying to zero in on one moving animal and ignore everthing else that wasn't significant.

I agree with you though that A.D.D. just means you can't function the way people want you to, and that you're just different; however, the whole "processing speed" thing could just be society's way of measuring it, so therefore A.D.D. would score lower on this scale.

new topics

top topics

join