It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Weather and living in harms way.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I stumbled onto this site through ATS about cold war era government facilities around the Washington D.C. region.
I would like to thank Albert LaFrance for his research.
coldwar-c4i.net...
www.globalsecurity.org...

One might think that moving your family 50 miles N.W. of Washington D.C.
to the mountains of Loudoun County VA would somewhat improve the possibility
that you might be able to survive a first strike against Washington.

While this might shield us from a small scale terrorist attack on the Nation's Capitol,
it doesn't provide much peace of mind in a more serious situation.

Essentially, my home rests in a nearly straight line between the AT&T (VA-1) repeater station
on Short Hill Mountain and Mt. Weather roughly 22 ( driving) miles away.

I can see the AT&T facility across the valley from my back yard

external image

We always knew it was there, but this shows the extent of the facilities' development.

Even so this is nothing compared to Mt. Weather over in Bluemont.

I may be better off than some people living out here, but if things ever really get ugly
it's hopeless.

I wonder how many of our members live near similar secret facilities that put them in harms way?

Edited by SimonGray to reduce size of a large image

[edit on 6-8-2005 by SimonGray]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I dont think I live by any facility, but I might. I dont know for sure. There are probobly many members who do live by secret facilies, but they dont know about them.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Whats the name of this complex?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The smaller relay station on Short Hill mountain is known by locals as White Rock.
If you try to get too close by car, bike or on foot, you will be met with an armed guard
telling you to leave.
As far as I can tell, White Rock is a relay station between Washington and Mt Weather.

There is also a relay tower at Tyson's Corner, but you don't see the solid concrete
hardened equipment shacks there.

Mt. Weather is well know to be the primary underground escape facility
in the event of a large scale attack.
It is carved out of the 4th hardest rock on our planet and is supposed to
provide shelter for a pre-determined back up government in the event that
Washington was under attack.

Workers there have said that the blast door is made of 5 foot thick solid steel
and it takes 15-20 minutes to raise and lower.

Many of these facilities would not be targeted unless there was a full scale ICBM attack.
Unfortunately, local civilians would not be permitted to seek shelter inside the complex.

Local journalists reported that during 911 there was a literal traffic jam of limos and black
SUV's up on Route 601 heading into Mt. Weather.

What bothered me about this was that there were no annoucements telling the public
that they should head for the hills too or where they should go for shelter.

What worries me the most is that IF there were a major terrorist attack on Washington D.C.
then what would happen if there was a mass exodus?

I guess that the city itself and the local suburbs inside the beltway would suffer the most,
but what about the people who do survive and those living downwind to the East?

The traffic here on a normal day is horrendous.
So how would all these people escape IF they were able to?

The roads will turn into a parking lot and fuel may not be available if the power
is disrupted.

I could go on forever, but my point is to show how poorly We The People
really are prepared for any such event.

I hate the idea of living in fear, but having a plan for you and your family
should be something to consider.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If there was a major attack on D.C who do you suppose would be the more important or should I say the first people to be evacuated? Its not going to be you or I. Its gonna be the president and vice pres and congress. As for everyone else all bets are off.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Yeah, funny how that works!

We pay billions for black budget government projects and those people supposedly work for us,
but when all hell breaks loose, we'll be locked out of the shelters at gun point.

[edit on 29-8-2005 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I live about 25 miles away from the Naval Air Space Command Transmitting station. Here is the satellite pic of it. That long area that looks like a runway is actually a large transmitter antenne laid on it's side. I drive by it on the way to and from work everyday. There is even a big sign that tells you what it is right out front of the paved road that leads to it from the main highway.

maps.google.com...,-112.029862&spn=0.008759,0.015044&t=k&hl=en

Here is the Boeing plant that I used to live 1 mile from in Mesa AZ(suburb of Phoenix), this plant manufacturers the AH-64 Apache attack helicopters.
If you zoom in, you can see the newly built choppers sitting on the pavement behind the building, there are dozens of them.

maps.google.com...,-111.726236&spn=0.008723,0.015044&t=k&hl=en

This is an unusual place that I drive by on my way to work also, it is about 12 miles away from my house, it is snuggled right upto the base of a mountian, and the closest road to it is about 3/4 of a mile away, and there are tons of signs that say "Gov. owned land keep out. If caught driving on land, your vehicle will impounded, blah blah blah." If you zoom in on the large white roofed building you will see that it has a Helipad for choppers to land. There is also a small dirt road leading upto the top of the mountain where there is another building.

maps.google.com...,-111.731472&spn=0.035006,0.060176&t=k&hl=en

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Mamikazi, thanks for your addition to the "not so secret installation near you" thread

I wonder what would happen if these projects were required to itemize their deductions?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Mamikazi ??? huh? ok, well anyway. That place that is on my way to work is very suspicous actually, last night I was out there at around midnight coming home from a trip to Tucson. There were 3 helicopters hovering over that area, just kinda hanging around, all with spot lights on. I pulled over to the side of the road that is closest to it. About 5 mins later, 2 of the helicopters shut off all of their lights, and im assuming flew away back behind the mountain, the other one stayed hovering for about 5 more mins. Then it slowely lowered down into the valley of the mountain, but well away from the actually complex, I never saw that one again either. Who knows what this place is, but I am going to try to find out.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Forgive bad typing please!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Your forgived

So hey, I drove back out to this place last night, found the dirt entrance road to it (surrounded by fencing and barbed wire). There was a sign that said "Honeywell Remote Test Facility". Honeywell makes so much stuff it would be hard to say what they test at this place, but I am going to research it and find out, I dont have anything better to do.

new topics

top topics

join