It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Thought That Would Change The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It is not possible for anyone to compell you to do anything you choose to not do.

If you're a soldier at war, and your commanding officer orders you to kill, it doesn't matter. It's up to you to decide whether or not to kill.

If you're the man in the nuclear silo, and you receive a launch directive, it's not up to the voice on the phone, it's up to you whether you decide to turn the key.

If someone points a gun in your face and tells you that you have get in line, or get on the train, or murder someone, or report on your famliy, or do anything that you do not wish to do...it is not true, because there is absolutely nothing that anyone can do to compell you to do anything you choose to not do.

It's possible they might pull the trigger, but they will still have failed to get you to do what you chose to not do.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
thats nice, deep, thinkin

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
How about this thought?

"Your freedom ends where my nose begins."

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
That's a nice thought, however alittle naive, mainly because those military groups go through training and conditioning to act as one and to take orders, 'yes sir'.
I really do believe they are brainwashed before they go out into the fields.
Brainwashing is the word I chose to use, you can use whatever word you want. It is what it is.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My global mind control theory burns your choice theory to the ground, Neo.

You can only choose to do, or not to do something if you have a choice in the first place.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I really do believe they are brainwashed before they go out into the fields.

That's what they do from the first day of boot camp on out. I know because I've been in the military & I've seen their mind-control techniques for what they were right from the start.

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
You can only choose to do, or not to do something if you have a choice in the first place.

My personal choice was to fulfill the contract I'd signed when I enlisted...It says that you must follow orders, but I beat them in four significant ways:
1: Submitting to the brainwashing was not a part of the contract.
2: I kept my real knowledge & attitude hidden from their view.
3: I qualified for a non-combat rate that kept me far away from any "front lines", so that I'd never have to face God's accounting for me breaking his 5th Commandment.
4: I didn't extend or re-enlist when my time was finished.

I think this is a significant achievment...Especially considering that I was in service when "Daddy Bush" became President & I timed my term luckily enough that I got out mere months before he started "Gulf War I".

[edit on 25-7-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Military combat training would be on the very light end of "brainwashing". More like conditioning or mild dehumanisation. It's necessary to break through the paralyzing effect of fear; to make response to orders an automated physical process rather than a mental or emotional one.

new topics

top topics

join