It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbian Government To Buy Drug Crops! (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
In their latest attempt to stop the ongoing drugs problem in Columbia, the Columbian government has agreed to buy farmers crops of coca, the plant used to produce coc aine. They have said that farmers will be able to approach the Police/Army without fear of arrest and hand over their crops for a 'negotiable' price!

www.chicagotr ibune.com
The Colombian government is offering to buy farmers' illegal crops of coca--the plant used to make coc aine--in the latest effort to stem illegal drug production in this South American nation.

President Alvaro Uribe said in a speech late Saturday that farmers would have to sign a document promising to never again cultivate illegal crops in order to get the money. The government would destroy the purchased crop.

He said drug crop farmers should approach the nearest police or army commander without fear of arrest and hand over their crops of coca or poppy, which is used to make heroin. The price would be negotiated at the point of sale.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is just unreal!

Im moving to Columbia ASAP, to grow drugs and sell them to the government!!!!!

[edit on 25/7/2005 by MickeyDee]

[edit on 25/7/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Each farmer gets one freebie, where the government will buy their crop. You can't make a career out of it. On top of that, the government sets the price at the point of sale.

This means that if you have a thousand acres of coca, and decide to bring your friendly neighborhood policeman to check it out, he can offer you a dollar for the whole lot, and you're pretty much obligated to take the offer.

What happens if you refuse? The government knows who you are, where your drugs are, and they know your intent to sell them to coc aine producers. Arrests will most certainly follow.

I think this is a gimmick to entice poor, uneducated farmers into revealing their locations so that the government can more efficiently eliminate the crops. If I was a Columbian coca farmer, I would be laughing my bum off and going about business as usual.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Your probably right!

I wonder how many farmers will actually fall for it though?

Mic

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'd gladly buy their crop for a cut price!

top topics

join