It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police arrest dating couples

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
SHARIA police in the Indonesian province of Aceh have rounded up about three dozen unmarried women and men caught dating in public places on the weekend

Link

Despite being the world's largest Muslim nation, Indonesia does not impose Sharia law in regions other than Aceh.

Why only in Aceh ??

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
perhaps Aceh is the epicentre of public dating so they decided to strike there first?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
To answer your question, Aceh has been the major hot bed of a fundamentalist Islamic separtist movement in Indonesia. If you read the article, you'll notice that the Indonesian government granted them some autonomy, allowing them to enforce Sharia law, in attempt to cut down on violence and reduce the separtist sentiment.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So, don;t go there on vacation with your girlfriend?

I swear, "Why do smart people hate us?" BECAUSE YOU GUYS ACT LIKE REPUBLICANS!!! I swear, they treat women almost as bad as they do republicans. But since they aren't rich white christians, republicans don't like them either.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
I swear, they treat women almost as bad as they do republicans.

And who is our Secretary of State, a woman...and she is suppose to "deal" with these people? She is a very intelligent woman, but IMO, bad choice, considering all the upheavel we're experiencing today with Islam.

[edit on 25-7-2005 by maybeangels]

new topics

top topics

join