It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazyiest Thing Happend To Me Yesterday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Ok i was on my comp and my walkie talkies were like totaly off and at night all of a sudden the walkie talkies turn on and making this wierd static noise like ever 5 to 6 sec could this be a sign of aliens or just electricity in the air causing the walkie talkie to act like it did. o i live in Elk Grove, California

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Aliens? Why come to that conclusion? Could of been your computer speakers or such. Maybe they were on and received some signal without your knowing?

- Nazgarn

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
walkie talkies was not near my comp at all there were on a cuton or how ever u spell it which is about 15 feet away fromp comp they were just laying there and they turned on on its own and started makeing wierd noises

xu

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
it could be solar flares,

this is not totally a joke, you know the solar flares overload the powerlines and cause power outages. but Im not sure about its effects on a walkie talkie. but this possibilty is considerable.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xu
it could be solar flares,

this is not totally a joke, you know the solar flares overload the powerlines and cause power outages. but Im not sure about its effects on a walkie talkie. but this possibilty is considerable.

u might be right it could have been like solar flare of some what

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Spare us the BS, please.

xu

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
oh and I forgot another one.

the FM radio waves actually transmit energy to the radios, I mean you could make a radio whithout using any kind of powersource, but its sound level would be very low depending on the power of the radio transmitter and your distance to it. so the energy can be transferred through radio waves, I cant really elaborate on how did an intense radio transmition took place which could make your walkie talkie go on and off, a wild guess would be a science fair runner-up around your neighbourhood could have overloaded his home made radio transmitter for a short time until it is fryed. maybe.

xu

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Spare us the BS, please.

you mean like?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I think you are looking to find aliens are real way to hard. Your mind is making excuses for anything weird that happens. My TVs go on when im in the other room or my PS2 will shut off when i leave too when theres no one in the house. I don't blame aliens

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have been in a battle with a nearby neighbour that uses a CB radio in his home. His signal walked all over my speakers attached to my computer and every time he keyed his mic to talk my wireless mouse whould stop working while he chatted with people I couldn't hear. It was a bit strange listening to only one side of a conversation day after day.

I also have a little gadget that has an earpiece attached to a 2 inch tube with a coil of copper wire wrapped around it. By sliding a brass bead up or down the coil I can tune in different radio signals. This little thing has no battery or power source and relies on the energy of the signal to vibrate a crystal (I Think???)
Also, everytime a city bus comes along my street I get a single click from a speaker near my desk so I'm thinking that they transmit some sort of locator signal for keeping track of where their busses are.

The air around us is flooded with a multitude of signals from many different sources. Any one of these could have brought your walkie talkies to life for a brief time if the signal was strong enough.

xu

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
another example is I once listened to a a phone conversation from ear-phones which were plugged into an amplifier and could be adjusted by changing the direction of the guitar and the sound was very clear. it doesnt happen with all the guitars though, I had a 35 years old vintage one. I dont exactly know how it worked but it picked the phone conversation ( not a cellular phone)

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
XU a solar flare powerful enough to disrupt small electronics is a rare event. The sun is currently ins SOlar Minimum and is in a lull of producing sunspots and flares. Flares that big would be widley reported on Aoura sites and just in Astronomy news letter and in public news. That theory is ruled out.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Simple answer. No, aliens did not turn on your walkie talkies.

xu

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
relax mizar. I didnt enforce the theory of solar-flares blindly, if you notices I said "this not totally a joke", I was trying to present plausible options rather than aliens. and maybe you did know previously but I m sure some people here had just learned that solar flares are actually capable of such things.

the second option I presented is ofcourse more likely. and I will be more happy if people here could try to present their ideas rather than diving into a thread to bash other peoples opinions. (Im talking about the BS poster)

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I know XU I wasn't trying to be harsh I was just saying that even though it is possible its not what happend. No hard feelings.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
ya i cant even talk on my phone much anymore i keep hearing some forign language person always jabbin like they are soo cool
it really really annoys me alot

plus if i walk up to my TV; i lose reception; but i sit back down; reception is perfect

theres waves everywhere; and we could attribute the "freefloating" energy waves to your expierance

Now...if your walkie talkies came on and u heard morse code or something with little alien gibberish or something , than we can safely assume it was aliens most likely
lol

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There's been this kind of thing reported before with baby monitors and other electronic devices. Basically, it's caused by us having a LOT of these devices and one of them "turning on" or "tuning in" to another one on the same frequency.

No, they're not trying to take over the world. It's just overcrowded channels.

Just like sometimes you can hear someone else's conversation on another phone circuit when you make a phone call.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Simple answer. No, aliens did not turn on your walkie talkies.

i no that and when i said aliens as in a ufo could of like took off and flew over the house which the ufo would be like 1000 feet in the air caused something in the air to turn on the walkie talkies

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
ok, let me re-phrase....your walkie talkies were not turned on by alien piloted UFO's flying 1000 feet over your house.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
ok, let me re-phrase....your walkie talkies were not turned on by alien piloted UFO's flying 1000 feet over your house.

nah dont re-phrase # if u dont understand what i mean then say u dont understand do not rephrase cuz all that leads too is lies

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join