It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bit of a problem.. and I need a solution before something goes down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So I have a little problem with a neighbor. We, as in the a few neighbors, have a basketball hoop right next to a driveway, that was put into place about three years ago. My problem is with a neighbor who moved about a year ago. I park my car which was a graduation present from my parents about 20 feet away from the basketball hoop on the other side of the street. The last car that I had out there always got hit from playing basketball and the volvo that I have now I DO NOT WANT TO GET DAMEGED. The neighbors a son and a father tend to play out there. The problem is they have no respect for the car. When they shoot they would be at least five inches away from the car. It is getting to a point where I just want to scream at them, but I know that I can't. If they were to just ask me to move my car IT WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM. They do that for the neighbor across the street, but not for me. How should I resolve this problem. The son, I dislike and the father I don't know. They seem to not have any manners or respect except for what is theirs.

- Dagger

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Dagger]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I am from California. You should show a little respect before you complain about other people not showing it to you.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well since you don't know the father, next time they are out playing go and introduce yourself to him. They probably have asked the other neighbor because they have met him before. After you have met him, then ask that when they are going to play baskeyball to let you know so that way you can move your car. Since they do it for the other neighbor they probably won't have any problems doing it for you. BTW all Californians aren't rude, at least I'm not!

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
As with sinta_ilfirin thought of initiating action, how are they to do anything else? Are they to correlate which car belongs to which house, and then decipher weather each owner would want to be bothered?

It's your car, you take the initiative.

BTW - you are now 0-3 on the California deal. Being I am quite mannered as a start, and treat other peoples property far better than my own, you might just want to rescind that blanket comment. How many million people did you just dis-respect for supposedly being dis-respective? Maybe it's just that Volvo owners are jerk-offs ........... See what I mean?

Misfit

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I appologise that I offended you guys. I know that most people from there are nice people. I am just appalled by this type of person who give people from California a bad reputaion. I was going to put a disclaimer after I posted my main opinion, but desided not to, but now I see that I should have done so. I will remove the comment. Again I appologise, I guess I got caught up in the moment.

Misfit
I do take the initiative all the time and I am constantly moving my car.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dagger

Misfit
I do take the initiative all the time and I am constantly moving my car.

No, I meant the initiative to invoke a dialogue with at least the father, as you know that you don't like the son.

If they are getting others to move their cars, they can hit you up as well. Perhaps they simply don't know where the owner of the Volvo lives? Perhaps they have the wrong impression of you, as you may have of him, and are just as leary of approaching you as you them. Could be a thousand different variables; but only takes one conversation to dispell or seat those impressions.
Have a car alarm? Can set it sensative until the ball hits the car, so you can come out. To disperse negativity at your arrival, throw it at them as humor, bs line like "all right, my door-bell works, wanted to see you and ask a favor ................." you get the drift.

And I know there are plenty of a-holes in Cali, as with any state. I don't see it as "gives Cali a bad name" as I do "gives Earth a bad name" lol.

Misfit

top topics

join