It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alien sounds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I used to live near a river in indiana. One night I awoke to the sound what i can only desribe as musical tones that resembled communication. I studied music theory in high school and i have been a fan of some of the greatest jazz musicians (miles davis, coltane). (for reference these guys have really streched the boundries of accepted music.) ...anyway the sound i awoke to was completely alien. the sound was a sort-of continous 2 minute reacurring melody that made no sense whatsoever in terms of accepted music theory. i only regognized an actuall rythem after maybe five minutes. at first it seemed that the source was coming from my own brain...but as i listened more closely i believe it was coming from the river. i felt like i was supposed to get out of my bed and walk down to the river, but for some reason the completely alien sound of the meleody kept me frozen in my bed. I have researched the 'music of the spears' and honestly it sounded like that. (this land used to be indian land too...maybe i heard a spiritual recording?) thoughts?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Music of the spears? Can you post a link for this?

Interesting story.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Are you sure the sound wasn't in your head.When i say this was it telepathically transmitted?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sounds like a pretty savage experience. Was it like single notes being played? And could you identify any of them?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Maby they whane a contract with a recordcompany

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The sounds did seem to originate from the nearby river which was about 300-400 feet from my window. I hadn't thought that maybe it could have been telepathic. There where between about ten different notes being played in each successive rythym, and the timing and usage of the notes made no sense at all. The sound almost had a flute like quality, but the notes never faded into another note (like sliding a note on a guitar neck). The sound didn't scare me at first until I noticed it was repeating. (this would suggest intelligence) and not 'just the wind'. I have used telepethy once to speak to somone in indiana from phoenix so maybe whatever or whoever created the sounds it already knew this...i don't know...that's why I'm here

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HDD09
Maby they whane a contract with a recordcompany
Funny...but not necessary. I am new to these boards and i can finally tell some stories of my past that remain unexplained to me. I did not make this up

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
i belive you. but are you shure that was alien sounds, did your neighbour hear it?

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
What you discribe is sometimes called "toneing". It is similar to "music of the spheres".

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hozer
What you discribe is sometimes called "toneing". It is similar to "music of the spheres".
I googled toneing. Nothing there but toning muscles...

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just a thought but I read a newspaper report today where some scientist was looking into the use of ipods and the effects that they can have on the human brain! He basically stated that when your brain is subjected to music for long periods of time especially through headphones when you eventually stop listening to the music your brain starts to create melodies inside your head similar to when you get a really annoying song stuck in your head that you can't get rid of and you find yourself humming it but the melodies can be completely random anyway its apparently a new brain disorder that they are looking into! Sounds pretty cool to me I don't know about disorder
anyway like i said just a thought with you saying you were quite into your music so must listen to it quite a lot of it especially if you've studied it!

[edit on 26-7-2005 by Whiterabbit29]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
ya but if it was music repeating in his head; it would have resembled the songs he has already listened too

he said the sounds were totally unknown to him; so that kinda rules out the "memory song repitition" theory doesnt it?

thanks for the story tho its really interesting

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
eyeball,

Did it sound like a wood flute?I have heard music being played in another layer of reality.It was a wood flute,and I have also heard a young girl sing when the sun was rising.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
No as I said in my post its the same sort of theory as when you get music stuck in your head but the melodies can be completely random!

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiterabbit29
No as I said in my post its the same sort of theory as when you get music stuck in your head but the melodies can be completely random!

This was not any type of music. The intervals between the notes had no rythym. (no 2/4, no 3/4, nothing like what a song is intended to do, and that is too entertain.) If I had just dreamed a melody, I don't believe I would have woken up at all. I still think that the intention of the 'alien sound' was a sort of message.

Menguard; It did sound similar to a wood flute at the full stregnth of a note. I didn't hear anything that resembled a breath. To get a wood flute to give a full sounding note the sound would have to be pretty loud in comparison to what i heard. This sound was a bit softer.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm wondering... if I said yes, I did go down to the river and I witnessed an alien summoning me to their space craft and that I actually took a tour with them across the universe, would I get more replies? (no this didn't happen) I was frozen in bed from fright!

Hozer; You claim to know what this, toneing is not a real word as far as I know...

top topics

join