It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's discuss a few things. Various thoughts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm new to this site, I must say the vast amount of information here is impressive. I have no idea where I should post this but the sheer intelligence of some of the members here intrest me enough for some opinions on a few things.

1st: Is it possible that there was another planet (or more than one for that matter) that orbited our sun and sustained life long before Earth was inhabited.

Theory: Say we eventually inhabit Mars, or a comet threatens to destroy the Earth and we relocate to Mars. Could it be possible this is history repeating and early humans inhabited Earth from another planet. If the sun used to be smaller than it is now then could it have eaten up planets that used to previously exist?

2nd: I read other posts on Star Children and Indigo Children, however I was told a story one time by a Shaman called "the StarNation People" Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Theory: In short it says some sort of higher beings came to Earth and helped the existing Humans to learn architecture, agriculture, linguistics and what nots. Then something happened to the world(maybe an astroid I can't remember) and these StarNation people were split up with different civilizations, some went to Asia, some went to Americas, some went North some went South and some went down with the ship. Therefore around the same time periods you get things like the Temples and such in different areas of the world in a time where these people could not have reached each other to share technologies. Egypt/South America/Asia all have their own temples and such. Did any of these pop up around the same time, but like I said the people had no way of sharing technologies? Coincidence or am I reaching a bit with this?

3rd: There is a thread somewhere here where the people are talking about a possible man-made structure near Japan.

Theory: To me that thing looks like it's on its side. Maybe sank into the ocean then buried over thousands of years, maybe those aren't steps but very tall walls?

4th: Religion

Theory: Is it possible that religion is just ancient theory and stories collected over time and that many if not all facts have been miss guided and misconstrued into what the people of the time needed to help their generation understand their place in this world? Thats a long link of Telephony! lol (that game u start with a saying whisper to person next to you and so on by the end the phrase you started with has totally changed)

5th: In a post somewhere I read on this site, a guy stated something that really got me thinking. He was talking about scientists disappearing and how it could be done without people finding out. He described it as slowly taking candy from the candy bowl one by one and by the end of the week everyone knows something is wrong with the candy bowl but nobody can tell you exactly what happened to it.

Theory: Terrorists use this I believe on a huge scale. They take a little here (911) they take a little there (London) more here (other incidents) and there (yet more incidents) this adds up over time to a hell of a lot. Is this their plan? Time is on their side if they stay hidden and keep their ranks up. They only need to attack every so often to force people around the world to live in fear. Force governments to clamp down on their citizens and suspect everyone, turn people against themselves not trusting anyone. Pretty soon we're no longer enjoying the freedoms of a free society that we're fighting to protect. Seems like a lose lose situation to me, how can we win. It only takes that few people every few years to bomb something and send the world back into panic mode. Like making us implode ourselves without us even realizing or better yet even knowing how to stop it. They just start the ball rolling and we take care of the rest over time.

Anyway thats enough from me for now. I would thoroughly enjoy reading any comments, discussions, ideas, criticism, etc, etc...

Thank you for your time and I'm looking forward to some great discussion on any and all of these topics.

Thanks,
StrayCat

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrayCat

1st: Is it possible that there was another planet (or more than one for that matter) that orbited our sun and sustained life long before Earth was inhabited.

Theory: Say we eventually inhabit Mars, or a comet threatens to destroy the Earth and we relocate to Mars. Could it be possible this is history repeating and early humans inhabited Earth from another planet. If the sun used to be smaller than it is now then could it have eaten up planets that used to previously exist?

We came from Mars and used the moon to get here

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Velikofsky or STFU

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
lol, did you just tell me to stfu?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DruidTek
We came from Mars and used the moon to get here

Velikofsky or STFU

dude no one knows for sure if we came from mars or not
thats pure speculation 100%

we dont KNOW, thats the FACT of the matter!

we humans dont know crap about history!

since you are so sure we came from mars; can you trace your family line back that many generations? or is it just your belief based on what you want to believe?

of course all of us believe things we want to believe; and of course alot of us say things without fully thinking it through
i do it alot just read the bulk of my posts on ATS....

we all make mistakes; so i wont hold it agianst you
i know your a smart person so i wont diss you

i just wanna make it clear no one knows the ultimate truth!
we speculate about it...and thats the best we can do until aliens come down and tell us the "missing parts"

now; you may be right; but agian; we dont know and you probably dont know for absolute sure either

heck we could have come from Venus ! lol ....or Earth even

is it really that proposterous to say we might have originated on Earth?

in the end its all speculation

PS- please dont tell a new member to "STFU" , thanks

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thx for defending. Care to comment on my thought though?

I mean if it's possible we could come from mars or even originated here on Earth, then the possibility of a previous civilization on another planet closer to the sun that eventually got swallowed by the sun could be a thought. They could have been just as advanced as we are today but reverted to cavemen like due to the extreme "almost" unlivable habitat Earth provided when they arrived. The sun will eventually swallow the Earth not in our lifetime but eventually. I dunno it was just a thought.

I see either none of these theories of mine are interesting enough for any serious discussion or have already been discussed. Either way those that would like to talk about my original post feel free to comment, I'll keep checking.

Those who waste their time posting but have no valid or reasonable discussion or opinions to add, well... w/e.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
*Actual smart person enters thread* ...What a mess!

No, HUMANS did not come from Mars, no way, no how. I don't even think it's been thuroughly investigated because it involves spaceships to begin with.. so let's just dump that theory in the sea of the forgotten.

However, it is not unlikely that LIFE originally came from Mars. The first life on Earth that is. The theory goes that both Mars and Earth very habitable for life gazillions of years ago, one planet developed it first and then got hit by a meteor, sending off a chunk of life into space, hitting the other planet and thus seeding it with life.

If we find life on Mars and it turns out it has DNA just like the rest of life on Earth than we can probably get an answer to the above question.

Anything else you want to ask... an atleast more learned person than yourselfes?

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
60,000 years ago one of our hominid ancestors had a few schizophrenic visions . This lethal combination with culture was the birth of the human consciousness. All religions have basic stories that make up some basic tenets of their beliefs. Creation, a great "flood", death, a "saviour" and more. Virgin births come a dime a dozen. It is exceedingly clear that we evolved into the animals we are today. On another planet, far far away, perhaps others were created by a surpeme being. Though if he didn't creat us how supreme can he be? Relgion, just like our bodies and brains evolved.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
*Actual smart person enters thread* ...What a mess!

No, HUMANS did not come from Mars, no way, no how. I don't even think it's been thuroughly investigated because it involves spaceships to begin with.. so let's just dump that theory in the sea of the forgotten.

However, it is not unlikely that LIFE originally came from Mars. The first life on Earth that is. The theory goes that both Mars and Earth very habitable for life gazillions of years ago, one planet developed it first and then got hit by a meteor, sending off a chunk of life into space, hitting the other planet and thus seeding it with life.

If we find life on Mars and it turns out it has DNA just like the rest of life on Earth than we can probably get an answer to the above question.

Anything else you want to ask... an atleast more learned person than yourselfes?

Very interesting, however I never said anything about us coming "from" Mars. My theory was that there was life on a planet closer to the sun than our current closest planet. This life thrived and had many thousands of years of history just like Earth. Had technologies such as space shuttles and what not. Let's say the planet was getting increasingly hot with global warming and the sun in its youth was doubling in size far faster than it is now. The increasing need to find a new habitable planet forces the civilization to look further out from the sun finding Earth could sustain life they send some species rebuilders there. I dunno the more I think about it it raises many questions, but it was just an interesting thought I had.

But with global warming these days and such I could see us eventually having to inhabit if not somewhat naturally by Mars maturing into a sustainable environment to contain life, then us at least living in bubbles or something eventually. What if some huge meteor or something flies into the sun and causes it to flare and grow much faster than anticipated?

lol, these are by far not conclusive. I'm just toying with the ideas and interested in intelligent opinions such as yours.

Thx for your reply!
StrayCat

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by apocalypta
60,000 years ago one of our hominid ancestors had a few schizophrenic visions . This lethal combination with culture was the birth of the human consciousness. All religions have basic stories that make up some basic tenets of their beliefs. Creation, a great "flood", death, a "saviour" and more. Virgin births come a dime a dozen. It is exceedingly clear that we evolved into the animals we are today. On another planet, far far away, perhaps others were created by a surpeme being. Though if he didn't creat us how supreme can he be? Relgion, just like our bodies and brains evolved.

The flood, the saviour... I believe these things happened, just not in the traditional sense. When Pangea split I believe there was a great flood and it was probably witnessed by many different cultures around the world. And the saviour... well my starNation theory above could hold some merit. Jesus may not be the son of our creator, he may just be a StarNation child of sorts. Maybe the Earth became a big science experiment from my above post.

For example. Say we sent human dna type thingit (this is highly technical, LOL!) to Mars. Over the next hundred years they monitored it and let it grow, gave it things that would make it evolve. The dna evolves and evolves eventually turns into a couple humans thousands of years later. Another civilization still monitoring its success coming close to its demise (closer to the sun possible time moves faster?), so in a ditch effort to save its civilization it sends advanced peoples of its world to help these humanoids on Earth. They come and teach these 2 how to evolve giving the 2 humanoids the impressions they are gods. The garden of Eden could have been a space bubble so they could breathe the air of the ripe young as of yet underdeveloped Earth.

lol, I dunno! I've gotta go to work, but I'm fascinated about just brainstorming stuff like this. Thank you for your kind reply and I'm looking forward to more friendly discussion.

Thanks!
StrayCat

[edit on 25-7-2005 by StrayCat]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrayCat
I'm new to this site, I must say the vast amount of information here is impressive. I have no idea where I should post this but the sheer intelligence of some of the members here intrest me enough for some opinions on a few things.

It's easier if you break these up into individual posts.

Yes, but not earth-like life or under earth-like conditions. There might (for all we know) be life in the methane oceans of the moon, Titan, but it'd be very different from us and we might not recognize it as life at first.

Theory: Say we eventually inhabit Mars, or a comet threatens to destroy the Earth and we relocate to Mars. Could it be possible this is history repeating and early humans inhabited Earth from another planet.

Probably not. At this point, we'd be more likely to blast the thing out of space.

The trip to Mars takes 2 years and is incredibly expensive. Moving a breeding population of humans there and all the equipment is something that wouldn't be done in a year or two. you might do it in 30 years if things went right. And there may be some issues of bone density and other changes that happen to people on space that mean they couldn't survive well once they got back into the higher gravity of Earth.

If the sun used to be smaller than it is now then could it have eaten up planets that used to previously exist?

Uhm, no. The sun hasn't changed size that much. In about 10 billion years (I think) it expands to a red giant and then eats up the inner planets, including Earth. But you've got a bit of time left.

2nd: I read other posts on Star Children and Indigo Children, however I was told a story one time by a Shaman called "the StarNation People" Has anyone else ever heard of this?

I think I have. However, with these tales you find that if you look at them just right, nearly everyone fits the profile. It's a Barnum Profile type statement.

Theory: In short it says some sort of higher beings came to Earth and helped the existing Humans to learn architecture, agriculture, linguistics and what nots. Then something happened to the world(maybe an astroid I can't remember) and these StarNation people were split up with different civilizations, some went to Asia, some went to Americas, some went North some went South and some went down with the ship. Therefore around the same time periods you get things like the Temples and such in different areas of the world in a time where these people could not have reached each other to share technologies. Egypt/South America/Asia all have their own temples and such. Did any of these pop up around the same time, but like I said the people had no way of sharing technologies? Coincidence or am I reaching a bit with this?

Sheer bunk.

C'mon over to ancient civilizations sector and start reading. You'll find out a lot of amazing things about our ancestors and you'll also start to get that timeline straightened out.

3rd: There is a thread somewhere here where the people are talking about a possible man-made structure near Japan.

It's actually not man-made. It's geologic. This has been proved time and again.

Theory: Is it possible that religion is just ancient theory and stories collected over time and that many if not all facts have been miss guided and misconstrued into what the people of the time needed to help their generation understand their place in this world?

Congratulations, you've re-discovered one of the basic academic explainations! (well, sort of.) There's a lot more to religion and the theory than that, but yes it's basically teaching stories.

He was talking about scientists disappearing and how it could be done without people finding out. He described it as slowly taking candy from the candy bowl one by one and by the end of the week everyone knows something is wrong with the candy bowl but nobody can tell you exactly what happened to it.

Yes. We get old. We have medical complications. We die. This shouldn't surprise anybody, but it seems it still does.

Disclaimer: there is, however, an apparent targeting of scientists in Iraq. This bit is real. The "dead microbiologists" has been discounted so many times it's on Snopes.

Terrorists use this I believe on a huge scale. They take a little here (911) they take a little there (London) more here (other incidents) and there (yet more incidents) this adds up over time to a hell of a lot. Is this their plan? Time is on their side if they stay hidden and keep their ranks up. They only need to attack every so often to force people around the world to live in fear.

To some degree, but you're forgetting the economics of terrorism. They need time, money, opportunity, money, access, money, supplies, money, papers, money, places to live, money... and so forth.

The media is partly fueling the hysteria and in part censoring some of this. Just look at the news out of Iraq and count all the bombings there. They aren't as high profile as those in first world countries and therefore they don't raise as much fear and hysteria... to our shame, I should add.

Thanks for the questions... but next time, do one question per thread. It makes it more interesting and easier for folks to answer.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Very intelligent reply Byrd! Thank you kindly and I will be checking out all the different sections on this site in time. I sat and read for like 3 hours last night and didn't even realize how late it was lol.

Really that thing in Japan is geometric? Thats incredible, I got to see the evidence because some of the angles and circles and stuff look 100% man-made. I'll take a look around. It's a bit hard finding definitive answers to some things on this site because of the sheer enormity of informations and peoples opinions. It's hard for one to seperate proven fact, from someone thinking they have a proven fact.

Anyways thanks again for your very insightful reply!
StrayCat

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
1. Thats possible truth be known anything is possible, as far as another planet is concerned the asteroid belt could have been a planet at one point in time , who knows. ( before anyone gives me some link that states the asteroid belt is such and such please remember the scinetific community changes thier minds quite often upon recieving new info)

2. You will find all sorts of similiar tales through out the world , perhaps there is something to the tale and perhaps its nothing more then a campfire tale.

3. Im assuming your reffereing to the underwater pyramid , not enough info for me to comment.

4. If you ask me that is 100% correct. When i was younger one of my hobbies was studying religion ( why i dont know ) when i say studying religion i dont mean just the different branches of christianity i mean i looked into just about every avenue and belief. Oddly enough each and every religion had similiar tales of the first man and women, a massive gloabal flood , cities destroyed by god, etc. Each of these tales where very similiar but certain specifics where changed but in essence the base tale remained the same. This would lead me to beleive that there would have had to been some factual basis for the original story but what that original story was has probably been long lost. A good example of this is a game we played in school , the teacher would wisper something into one students ear and then that person would wisper what the teacher said into the next persons ear, that got repeated until the very last person was told. When the last person was told they would stand up and tell the class what they had been told, not one time was what the last person said the same thing as what the first person said. The details got twisted or embeleshd in as little as 20 people hearing the same thing , just imagine what a few 1,000 years would do to a tale.

5. Im a firm beleiver that the U.S goverment as well as the british goverment where well aware of the events prior to the events happening. Letting the bombing happen just adds fuel legistlation they have been wanting to pass for years. It also gives the powers that be the approval to do anything they want .............

The above are just my opinions some of them based on facts but they are still opinions , if you dont like them then fine , opinions are like a$$holes every one has one and most of them stink.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
in answer to #3, yes there are alots of man made structures in and around japan, and people live in them, i believe they are called houses.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
lol, thats not what I meant smart guy. Sorry I didn't add more detail, I was talking about the underwater temple found, and there was great dispute over whether it was man-made or nature made. Someone above already lead me in the direction to research that myself.

Thanks.
StrayCat

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Congratulations, you've re-discovered one of the basic academic explainations! (well, sort of.) There's a lot more to religion and the theory than that, but yes it's basically teaching stories.

OK I try the qouting again..sorry.

Wow i figured that out too and didn;t even go to college. It would be fascinating to me to take a class where that theory is taught. What would that be?

top topics

join